How violent is your neighborhood

Talk about anything here.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: How violent is your neighborhood

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote: St Paul gets pretty rough after 6:15pm.

I think it officially closes at 6:00. There's not a lot there, unless you look for it.
Maybe. I have a feeling people don't really adhere to a curfew in that hood though.

Pity the fool who underestimates the power and brutality of a Hmong street gang.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I think it officially closes at 6:00. There's not a lot there, unless you look for it.
Maybe. I have a feeling people don't really adhere to a curfew in that hood though.

Pity the fool who underestimates the power and brutality of a Hmong street gang.
lots of Hmongs down there too. My sister in law lives in st paul.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

You don't need a list to tell you not to venture off into the south side of Chicago alone.

Does NY not have any "hoods"?
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

I lived in pine hills and the family moved to beautiful college park when i was 6
Pine hills was 75% white now its called crime hills by orlando residents andnits 75% black

Dont hate the messanger

Pine Hills is a slum located west of downtown Orlando. Mostly inhabited by drug dealers, bank robbers, and people with bleak or no hopes of making it out. Its nickname is "Crime Hills."1: Yeah, I drove through Pine Hills yesterday. 2: How the hell did you make it out alive

All that dumb most dangerous or most crime in american cities crap is basically 99% based on pine hills..which is an area that nobody outside pine hills even goes to..the rest of the city is quite crime free..with the exception of a seven mile stretch of south orange blossom trail
Orlando is a very safe city but please keep falling for the cherry picked stats...
Here is a video of pine hills during the day...night time is a whole different world
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

elartman1973 wrote:I lived in pine hills and the family moved to beautiful college park when i was 6
Pine hills was 75% white now its called crime hills by orlando residents andnits 75% black

Dont hate the messanger

Pine Hills is a slum located west of downtown Orlando. Mostly inhabited by drug dealers, bank robbers, and people with bleak or no hopes of making it out. Its nickname is "Crime Hills."1: Yeah, I drove through Pine Hills yesterday. 2: How the hell did you make it out alive

All that dumb most dangerous or most crime in american cities crap is basically 99% based on pine hills..which is an area that nobody outside pine hills even goes to..the rest of the city is quite crime free..with the exception of a seven mile stretch of south orange blossom trail
Orlando is a very safe city but please keep falling for the cherry picked stats...
Here is a video of pine hills during the day...night time is a whole different world
Pine Hills is pretty dumptastic. Of course, most of west of I-4 going out Colonial is.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

swampgator wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:I lived in pine hills and the family moved to beautiful college park when i was 6

Dont hate the messanger

Pine Hills is pretty dumptastic. Of course, most of west of I-4 going out Colonial is.
Yep..i grew up in college park and the orlando country club area..was way better

swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

elartman1973 wrote:
swampgator wrote:

Dont hate the messanger

Yep..i grew up in college park and the orlando country club area..was way better
I worked in College Park for awhile. It's a nice older area of town. Did you go to Edgewater or Bishop Moore?
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

swampgator wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
swampgator wrote: Pine Hills is pretty dumptastic. Of course, most of west of I-4 going out Colonial is.
I worked in College Park for awhile. It's a nice older area of town. Did you go to Edgewater or Bishop Moore?
I went to both high schools actually
BM for 9 th grade
Edgewater for 10th grade
And Montverde Academy for 11-12th grade...i got in some trouble the summer after 10 th grade and got sent to boarding school...had a freaking blast there and it was coed..its now a top ten high school for basketball and has a couple NBA players from there currently in the NBA..but its changed a lot..much smaller enrollment and nownthey have uniforms and no smoking areas like we enjoyed

Yuh
Superstar

Post by Yuh »

dunkan4rings wrote:Imagine Abe driving and getting lost in the hood ?

(Insert stereotypical nerdy white guy voice): "uugh uugh sir...ugh...how can I get to the nearest..."

(Thugs): "***** who you ?? you fiVe'O ? eYo' you a snitch ? Brace yo'self foo' brace yo'self!!"

Abe is OUT!
I LOL'd.
Yuh
Superstar

Post by Yuh »

dunkan4rings wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
dunkan4rings wrote:Imagine Abe driving and getting lost in the hood ?

(Insert stereotypical nerdy white guy voice): "uugh uugh sir...ugh...how can I get to the nearest..."

(Thugs): "***** who you ?? you fiVe'O ? eYo' you a snitch ? Brace yo'self foo' brace yo'self!!"

Abe is OUT!

The best part about our respective online personas... I'm a white kid who actually grew up in the inner city and you're a suburban white kid who pretends to be black.
lol, I'm not a white person.

I grew up in Wash Heights, NYC, plantain city; there's a lounge less than half a mile from here where A-Rod, Big Papi, and Manny Ramirez chill(ed) at every now and then. This area was rough back in the 80s/early 90s, but after the Washington Heights riots, the area/savage thugs burned-out and there was a collective cease-fire (for the most part). Also, the conservative/Republican Dominican core took a stranglehold and (re)invested in the area/local businesses, keeping the thugs at bay and under control. The kingpins too smartened up their game. There's more whites and Asians moving into the area now too and they're loving the amenities; cheaper rent, all-time award-winning local ganjivity, all-time great "ethnic" food and restaurants, 24/7 grocery/convenient stores, and mad bitches. Even the Muslims like it here. Single dudes who could afford their own place AND pay to play ? Wash Heights is on-point.
Depends where in the Heights you're at too. Every few blocks is different because of all the diversity.