Anyone ever been to a Superbowl?

Talk about anything here.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Anyone ever been to a Superbowl?

Post by AlaskaHawks »

I can't even imagine how fun that would be to be at the big game, especially with your team going.

I have friends spending $2,500 a ticket. Crazy.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: Anyone ever been to a Superbowl?

Post by kobeunderbite »

I'd rather go to a G7 finals
Max
Coach

Post by Max »

Unless I have great seats (which I'd never pay for) I'd rather go to a party.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Max wrote:Unless I have great seats (which I'd never pay for) I'd rather go to a party.

That's kinda how I feel. I do really enjoy the home games though, despite my seats not being all that great.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Nope, it'd be fun but for the price of the tickets i'd rather party it up with a bunch of friends and watch it on TV
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I think football remains the only sport I prefer to watch on television.

Then again, I've only seen games in The Metrodome...

And since I turn down free tickets a lot of the time, I definitely wouldn't shell out $2,500.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:I think football remains the only sport I prefer to watch on television.

And since I turn down free tickets a lot of the time, I definitely wouldn't shell out $2,500.

Metrodome was a fun place to watch games. Well, the Twins anyways. I only saw the Vikes there once.
Bill Russell

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

deezna10 wrote:Nope, it'd be fun but for the price of the tickets i'd rather party it up with a bunch of friends and watch it on TV
Considering the size of TV you could buy with the expenses you're saving, especially.
Bill Russell

Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
deezna10 wrote:Nope, it'd be fun but for the price of the tickets i'd rather party it up with a bunch of friends and watch it on TV
Considering the size of TV you could buy with the expenses you're saving, especially.
Yeah that's very true also. I'd probably invite all my friends over and get them all pumped up and then pull out my small bedroom 32"
Max
Coach

Post by Max »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
Max wrote:Unless I have great seats (which I'd never pay for) I'd rather go to a party.

That's kinda how I feel. I do really enjoy the home games though, despite my seats not being all that great.
I go to most MSU home games, and it's great, but I don't pay 2 grand for tickets.
Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

The closest I've been was the '09 Divisional game at the Metrodome when Favre dominated the Cowboys.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

deezna10 wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
Yeah that's very true also. I'd probably invite all my friends over and get them all pumped up and then pull out my small bedroom 32"
Hope pulling things out in your bedroom isn't always a disappointment. For you lady's sake anyways. LOL
Bill Russell

Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote: Considering the size of TV you could buy with the expenses you're saving, especially.
Hope pulling things out in your bedroom isn't always a disappointment. For you lady's sake anyways. LOL
LOL, damnit Hawks.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:I think football remains the only sport I prefer to watch on television.

Metrodome was a fun place to watch games. Well, the Twins anyways. I only saw the Vikes there once.

Huh? It was one of the worst places to watch and play baseball in MLB history... by most opinions.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Max wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:

I go to most MSU home games, and it's great, but I don't pay 2 grand for tickets.
Yeah the prices really make it tough to justify going.
Bill Russell

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:

Huh? It was one of the worst places to watch and play baseball in MLB history... by most opinions.
I just have really good memories of it I guess.
Bill Russell

Max
Coach

Post by Max »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:

Abe was sexually assaulted there, most likely.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:

Maybe. Because the site lines were awful. Many of the seats on the 3rd base line faced the outfield. Right field was a joke. Balls got lost in the roof. The concourses were small. Etc.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Maybe. Because the site lines were awful. Many of the seats on the 3rd base line faced the outfield. Right field was a joke. Balls got lost in the roof. The concourses were small. Etc.
We usually sat in Left Center which wasn't great. But as a kid watching Kirby do his thing was awesome.
Bill Russell

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
We usually sat in Left Center which wasn't great. But as a kid watching Kirby do his thing was awesome.

Was that with or without the silly plexiglass out there...?

[Note: I remember trying to recreate Kirby Puckett/Torii Hunter home run steals that they both took back from the Dome's short centerfield fence.]