Olympic Hockey: Canada vs USA - Friday 12 p.m. EST

Talk about anything here.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Olympic Hockey: Canada vs USA - Friday 12 p.m. EST

Post by Buckets »

I normally don't give a shit about hockey but if USA can take down Canada at its own game then hell ya

http://espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2014 ... 1&sport=29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Re: Olympic Hockey: Canada vs USA - Friday 12 p.m. EST

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Canada are the favorites to win it all, but the loss of Tavares might be kinda big. USA has been rolling, too. I will definitely tune in to this one.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

It's going to be interesting as Canada has pretty much been in a dogfight with every team in the Olympics why the USA has rolled over their opponents for the most part.

It's one of those "somethings got to give" type of games.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

AlaskaHawks wrote:Canada are the favorites to win it all, but the loss of Tavares might be kinda big. USA has been rolling, too. I will definitely tune in to this one.
Getcha popcorn ready.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Buckets wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:Canada are the favorites to win it all, but the loss of Tavares might be kinda big. USA has been rolling, too. I will definitely tune in to this one.
Getcha popcorn ready.

Really gotta do an All-American meal for this one.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Buckets wrote:I normally don't give a shit about hockey but if USA can take down Canada at its own game then hell ya

http://espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2014 ... 1&sport=29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This will be a case of speed VS power. Time for some payback. Fuck Canada.
thatoothpick45
All-Time Great

Post by thatoothpick45 »

Already took the day off, will get up early and watch both games. Finland vs Sweden will be good too.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

TheLoneGranger wrote:Canada has the best players in the world. Has for ever. USA is no slouch though, and have gotten better and better over the years. Canada's problem is they haven't always had their best players play on the Olympic squads. Add to that, that they expect to win and don't try as hard, making them lose sometimes. It could happen to them vs the USA, because Canada is still the better team when they want to be. USA always plays with something to prove, which is good and will serve you well. For my countries sake, I hope Canada works hard and smacks you Americans around.

It could go either way.

But until the game starts, a little reminder to let you know who's your daddy.

[youtube]fDO5WdO_RoE[/youtube]
They have since they started to allow Pros. At least the USA beat both the Russians and the Czechs in Olympic play before they split up.
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

Post by somberbostonian »

Basketball might be a more global sport. But 1 through 6, international hockey is more unpredictable and wide open. NHL would be stupid to pull their players from future Olympics.
PoLIEtics is for gay fags.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

TheLoneGranger wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:
TheLoneGranger wrote:Canada has the best players in the world. Has for ever. USA is no slouch though, and have gotten better and better over the years. Canada's problem is they haven't always had their best players play on the Olympic squads. Add to that, that they expect to win and don't try as hard, making them lose sometimes. It could happen to them vs the USA, because Canada is still the better team when they want to be. USA always plays with something to prove, which is good and will serve you well. For my countries sake, I hope Canada works hard and smacks you Americans around.

It could go either way.

They have since they started to allow Pros. At least the USA beat both the Russians and the Czechs in Olympic play before they split up.

Since they started to allow pros, Canada doesn't always (they're usually missing a few guys) have it's best players out there. I respect USA hockey and don't hate Americans at all, but you guys have enough already, sports wise.
No we do not. I have no hate for Canada. Ok maybe. LOL. Go USA.
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

It could go either way.

Today would have been a good day for Canada to make a statement against lowly Latvia. Instead they could only get 2 (on 57 SA) by a goalie who spent time in the ECHL this season.

The U.S should be favored in this game cause they've been playing cool as a cucumber, while Babcock is still trying to figure his lines.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Bill Russell

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Jims_Doors wrote:

It could go either way.

Today would have been a good day for Canada to make a statement against lowly Latvia. Instead they could only get 2 (on 57 SA) by a goalie who spent time in the ECHL this season.

The U.S should be favored in this game cause they've been playing cool as a cucumber, while Babcock is still trying to figure his lines.
Hey now, don't hate on the ECHL.

Kelly Cup is where it's at. GO ACES!
Bill Russell

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Canada's very best athletes play hockey. In the U.S., hockey get our 4th level athletes. the fact that America is still right there should tell you something.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

when do the chick's play?

As far as the game, Canada may have the best players, but the US has the best goalie!

ps-Evan, I thought you were 'Merican?
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Shill Jackson wrote:when do the chick's play?

As far as the game, Canada may have the best players, but the US has the best goalie!

ps-Evan, I thought you were 'Merican?
USA Canada women is tomorrow.
Bill Russell

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

TheLoneGranger wrote:
rileymartin wrote:Canada's very best athletes play hockey. In the U.S., hockey get our 4th level athletes. the fact that America is still right there should tell you something.

Stick to midget wrestling, Miley.
Oh, the poor Canadian is feeling a bit worthy.

LOL at Canada's very best athletes struggling to beat our 4th best athletes.

Maybe next week Canada can challenge Angola's Womens team lol.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

rileymartin wrote:
TheLoneGranger wrote:
rileymartin wrote:Canada's very best athletes play hockey. In the U.S., hockey get our 4th level athletes. the fact that America is still right there should tell you something.

Riley stick to a sport you know something about. Hockey is not one of them. Hockey has the hand eye coordination of Baseball. Hitting of Football and at times even greater. The stick handling or dribbling of Basketball. Now go crawl in a hole. You know nothing about Hockey. Fool.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Da Stars. wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
TheLoneGranger wrote:

Riley stick to a sport you know something about. Hockey is not one of them. Hockey has the hand eye coordination of Baseball. Hitting of Football and at times even greater. The stick handling or dribbling of Basketball. Now go crawl in a hole. You know nothing about Hockey. Fool.
and Americas 4th level athletes are amoung the best in the world at it lol.

By the way, hockey sucks.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

rileymartin wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

and Americas 4th level athletes are amoung the best in the world at it lol.

By the way, hockey sucks.

Oh you can not skate. You most likely can not even do a hockey stop. How about lifting a puck. Hell you do not even know the rules of hockey. Now go back to your LeBron doll.