Official bets between users thread.

Talk about anything here.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Official bets between users thread.

Post by swampgator »

Post any bet here that you have made with another user; include the details of the bet, who it is between, and what the conditions/consequences of said bet are. Enjoy!

Rules:

1) Users can make different types of bets on propositions. Avatar bets, signature bets, other board access only bets may be agreed upon by posters and subjected to board wager rules.

2) AAny and all avatars and signatures must be approved by a moderator before being implemented to ensure that it is in accordance with board rules.

3) Once the terms are discussed and both posters confirm them affirmatively in some way, the bet is official.

4) Terms of the bet (duration, whether it's an avatar/sig, etc.) must be agreed upon prior to the bet being placed. The specific avatar/sig can be discussed after the result is known. At which point the winner may be afforded a reasonable amount of time to choose an avatar for the losing party.

5) If the terms of an avatar/signature bet is agreed upon by both parties, and 24 hours have lapsed from the outcome of the contest, the staff will change the avatar/signature manually. Other board access only bets will be implemented by the staff as soon as possible.

6) Additional bets do not replace current bets. They must be served consecutively, not concurrently (unless they're bets of different types, i.e. avatar bet + signature bet, etc.).
elartman1973
El Padrino

Re: Official bets between users thread.

Post by elartman1973 »

Sweet..currently Clevetown and I are fulfilling our lost bets with each other so that's fine.
Dicktaster on the other hand is the loose end..
He either doesn't show his mug til thursday or he has the option to don't my chosen avatar..which he donned u til I saw a post of his at 12:19am that he had removed the avatar and was 19 minutes Into his time out...welching
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Clevetown and I have a bet going for the Xmas Day game between the Miami Heat and the Cleveland Cavs.

I'm betting the Heat win, Clevetown is betting the Cavs win. This is a straight up "whichever team wins" bet, so there's no point spread or anything. The winner gets to choose the avatar and signature of the loser for one week. I agreed not to make Clevetown use anything religious, should I win.
Last edited by LNS on Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

I also have two bets going with my bitch deez.

Bet #1: The Lakers will win more games this season than they did last season. So that's 28 games they'd need to win this season in order for me to win the bet. If they win 27 or less, I lose. The winner chooses the avatar of the loser for one week.

Bet #2: The Bulls will or will not make the Finals. I'm betting they won't, deez is betting they will. I had to give his scared ass huge odds just to con him into taking this bet, but that's fine, I'm still positive I'll win. If I win, I get to choose his avatar for a week. If he wins, he gets to chose my avatar for a month.

Hey deez, on that second bet I may have fudged the lengths of time, so let me know. I'm thinking it was one week and one month, but I'm not 100% on that.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

I also wanted to add that action should be taken against Dicktaster for not honoring the bet he made with Artits. He seems kinda bipolar on whether he's going to honor the bet or not, so we'll see what happens.

Also, and IMO this is a big one, apparently tdk and wailua had a bet going, and tdk lost. Now, I'm not sure on the specifics, like what the bet was over or what the winner would get, but apparently our boy Wailua won and tdk's bitch ass lost, and in typical tdk fashion he's welching like a motherfuck. I think a one week ban would be appropriate, but I'll leave that up to the people.

Bulls fans, if the tdk debacle comes down to a vote, I expect you to do the right thing. tdk has already been stripped of his title of "Leader of the Bulls Fans", so he has no power over you and you've nothing to fear of that old drunkard.

:lol:
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Absolutely no leniency should be given to welchers. a 1 month ban for the first offense, and, the 2nd offense is a permanent ban.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

And, myself and Vegasfraud have a bet...

He says the Heat will not be a top 4 seed this season, and, of course, I say they will. Terms are avatars for 6 months or 1000 posts, whichever is longer.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:I also have two bets going with my bitch deez.

Bet #1: The Lakers will win more games this season than they did last season. So that's 28 games they'd need to win this season in order for me to win the bet. If they win 27 or less, I lose. The winner chooses the avatar of the loser for one week.

Bet #2: The Bulls will or will not make the Finals. I'm betting they won't, deez is betting they will. I had to give his scared ass huge odds just to con him into taking this bet, but that's fine, I'm still positive I'll win. If I win, I get to choose his avatar for a week. If he wins, he gets to chose my avatar for a month.

Hey deez, on that second bet I may have fudged the lengths of time, so let me know. I'm thinking it was one week and one month, but I'm not 100% on that.
2 weeks for me to 2 months for you was the finals bet.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

King Deez wrote:

K that sounds right, I wasn't sure.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

King Deez wrote:

So wait, you were talking shit when I asked for odds on the FSU bet, then you turn around and get odds in another bet lol.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

rileymartin wrote:
King Deez wrote:

So wait, you were talking shit when I asked for odds on the FSU bet, then you turn around and get odds in another bet lol.
Your odds were a fucking joke. I was stating out of the 4 teams including FSU to make the playoffs they won't win it. You think you should get crazy odds in that small of a field? LNS has the entire fucking field to just beat the bulls from getting to the finals. Don't be so stupid.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

King Deez wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
King Deez wrote: 2 weeks for me to 2 months for you was the finals bet.
Your odds were a fucking joke. I was stating out of the 4 teams including FSU to make the playoffs they won't win it. You think you should get crazy odds in that small of a field? LNS has the entire fucking field to just beat the bulls from getting to the finals. Don't be so stupid.
Wrong kiddo, my odds were in line with Vegas.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

I know I made a recent bet with @PhutureDynasty, I can't remember what the fuck it was though.
Yuh
Superstar

Post by Yuh »

Welchers should get AT LEAST a one week ban for the first offense. Losers have 24 hrs to begin complying IF they are not present. If the loser is present on the board after losing the bet then the loser has no more than 15-30 minutes to begin complying with the terms of the lost wager. If not it will be considered a welch. If the bet dictates that the loser may not post for a certain length of time, then the loser should be banned for as long as the bet dictates, plus the one week.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

I think anybody who delays honoring their bet within 24 hours, has to use this photo as their avatar for the following 2 weeks if he wishes to continue to post here.

Yuh
Superstar

Post by Yuh »

1st Offense: minimum one week ban
2nd Offense: minimum one month ban
3rd Offense: minimum three month ban
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

yuh_nuccu wrote:1st Offense: minimum one week ban

It won't even get to a 3rd offense. It'd be even hard for a 1st time offender to get someone to take him up on a bet. At least that's always been my rule, the one time you don't pay up on your bet, that's the last time him and I do business together. Same applies here.
Yuh
Superstar

Post by Yuh »

lettherebehouse wrote:
yuh_nuccu wrote:1st Offense: minimum one week ban

It won't even get to a 3rd offense. It'd be even hard for a 1st time offender to get someone to take him up on a bet. At least that's always been my rule, the one time you don't pay up on your bet, that's the last time him and I do business together. Same applies here.
It would encourage people to continue doing bets with the welcher, since the welcher will be forced to pay a penalty, regardless of his welching.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

lettherebehouse wrote:I know I made a recent bet with @PhutureDynasty, I can't remember what the fuck it was though.
Hahaha the Eagles Redskins game.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

PhutureDynasty wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:I know I made a recent bet with @PhutureDynasty, I can't remember what the fuck it was though.
Hahaha the Eagles Redskins game.

Shit that's right, like a week before Xmas. I knew it was something not in the near phuture.