Bulls talking Carmelo Anthony trade with Knicks

Talk about anything here.
Incognito
All-Time Great

Bulls talking Carmelo Anthony trade with Knicks

Post by Incognito »

http://hoops-nation.com/nba-rumors-bull ... de-knicks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The report states that the Bulls would be giving up Carlos Boozer, Kirk Hinrich, Tony Snell, Jimmy Butler, and likely a first round pick as well. In return, Chicago would receive Carmelo Anthony, Raymond Felton, and Iman Shumpert.
LookAway
All-Time Great

Re: Bulls talking Carmelo Anthony trade with Knicks

Post by LookAway »

Bad deal for both teams. Melo isn't a game changer and the Bulls already have one excuse to fail
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

So the guys ranking 1st, 3rd and 6th in minutes played on a team that is 20-31 are potentially getting traded to the Bulls for guys ranking 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th on a team that is 25-25.

Did I get that right?

Is this news?
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

Dumping Boozer is a huge plus for the Bulls.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

I think a deal could have happened back when the Bulls had Deng (since he played the same position as Melo, was an all-star, and had an expiring deal). I always thought a deal consisting of Deng, Butler, Taj, and the Charlotte pick would get it done.

Now with Deng gone, there's no way the Bulls can trade for Melo as they just don't have the pieces. If NY takes Boozer that would be awesome. But I just don't see it
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

+11 wins
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

I've been reading about trade scenarios involving Boozer for a long time.
Wishful thinking on the Bulls fans part.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Wouldn't this constitute "rebuilding" for the Bulls? Rose openly said he wants no part of that process, and they already dumped his good friend Deng. This team was playing .750 ball before he went down the first time, but suddenly they're gonna drop 5 guys he's played alongside for three shoot-first wings, two of whom barely shoot 40%?
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

Shill Jackson wrote:I've been reading about trade scenarios involving Boozer for a long time.
"Bulls fans" wrote/write the articles...?

Boozers contract expires after next season, clearing a lot of cap space for anyone trading for him...that's plenty of incentive for a lot of teams....no wishful thinking needed.
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Wouldn't this constitute "rebuilding" for the Bulls? Rose openly said he wants no part of that process, and they already dumped his good friend Deng. This team was playing .750 ball before he went down the first time, but suddenly they're gonna drop 5 guys he's played alongside for three shoot-first wings, two of whom barely shoot 40%?
reloading....not rebuilding.

The other 2 would be just to make the deal work....Felton would be a back up....Shump would be great in a Thibs coached D(if they were even kept around at all) and Melo's flaws would be greatly minimized.

That said.....don't see "this one" happening but have heard it before.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Jordan420Bulls wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:I've been reading about trade scenarios involving Boozer for a long time.

Boozers contract expires after next season, clearing a lot of cap space for anyone trading for him...that's plenty of incentive for a lot of teams....no wishful thinking needed.
Yes. Massey is a midwesterner.

"I haven't been writing for all that long, but I am hoping that I can become a sports writer in the future, and I've had some of my article published on ESPN, I'll probably end up posting some of those.

I'm the owner of the very new NBA forum, Basketball Nation, http://bballnation.net/forum.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and my user name on there is The Lone Granger,
(LOL!) I post all my work on that site as well. If your into the NBA and you want to join, your more than welcome ;)."
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

Shill Jackson wrote:
Jordan420Bulls wrote:

"I haven't been writing for all that long, but I am hoping that I can become a sports writer in the future, and I've had some of my article published on ESPN, I'll probably end up posting some of those.

I'm the owner of the very new NBA forum, Basketball Nation, http://bballnation.net/forum.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and my user name on there is The Lone Granger,
(LOL!) I post all my work on that site as well. If your into the NBA and you want to join, your more than welcome ;)."
lol

smh
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

Shill Jackson wrote:
Jordan420Bulls wrote:

WTF?
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

ripper76 wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
Jordan420Bulls wrote:

WTF?
I agree.

I am also concerned that an aspiring writer doesn't know how to use "your"
--Henry Rollins

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Wouldn't this constitute "rebuilding" for the Bulls? Rose openly said he wants no part of that process, and they already dumped his good friend Deng. This team was playing .750 ball before he went down the first time, but suddenly they're gonna drop 5 guys he's played alongside for three shoot-first wings, two of whom barely shoot 40%?
Ignoring anything rose says or wants is the wisest move the bulls could do..they do owe him anything and there is no guarantee he will ever even be an average player again...rose is a bitch and selfish for even openingnhis mouth after sitting for three seasons..rose shouldnt have any pull in anything the bulls do...
That said...the bls are afraid to make moves
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Max
Coach

Post by Max »

Shill Jackson wrote:
Jordan420Bulls wrote:

What is this?
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

Marc Spears today from Yahoo

There is "no chance" the Knicks will deal Carmelo Anthony, who owns a contract opt-out this summer, before the trade deadline, a source said.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Max wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
Jordan420Bulls wrote:

What is this?
A quote from the author of the OP link
--Henry Rollins