Should Jordan relace Jerry West as NBA Logo?

Talk about anything here.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Re: Should Jordan relace Jerry West as NBA Logo?

Post by Da Stars. »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:
jordanzone wrote:..ask the NBA who the logo is to be and see what they say...haha...that's the thing, the West logo is just a pic(silhouette) captured to represent the NBA as a whole and not an individual(which is what they prefer), I mean, they could have used any similar body in that position to use and it would have served the same purpose...it's silly though, West is outdated, the pic is bland, and bringing in a new look would be optimal for the NBA...all things must change eventually fellas, even the NBA mindset on this...

The Logo is Jerry West of the Lakers and it represents the NBA. The Lakers are the NBA. No one's going to put MJ's ugly ass as the logo.
:blabla: :stfu: :asskicking:
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:
jordanzone wrote:..ask the NBA who the logo is to be and see what they say...haha...that's the thing, the West logo is just a pic(silhouette) captured to represent the NBA as a whole and not an individual(which is what they prefer), I mean, they could have used any similar body in that position to use and it would have served the same purpose...it's silly though, West is outdated, the pic is bland, and bringing in a new look would be optimal for the NBA...all things must change eventually fellas, even the NBA mindset on this...

The Logo is Jerry West of the Lakers and it represents the NBA. The Lakers are the NBA. No one's going to put MJ's ugly ass as the logo.

..lol, you want a :gaah: reaction so bad...but even you know I'm right on about this...you're just homerizing this issue, as well you should...
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

jordanzone wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

..lol, you want a :gaah: reaction so bad...but even you know I'm right on about this...you're just homerizing this issue, as well you should...

What reaction would I be expecting? The Logo shows the roots of the game. West played for the most glamorous franchise in the sport. He'll be the Logo for a loooooonnnnnng time. This was a cute "what if", though. :clap:
Olaf wrote:I would fuck them up with an ice pick.

I could also fuck you up, if you want to be fucked up.

Bring your father, mother and kids, too.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

The logo in the OP is property of Nike, so they'd have to do a different image of MJ less the league gets sued and Nike pulls all their product out of the league.
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:The logo in the OP is property of Nike, so they'd have to do a different image of MJ less the league gets sued and Nike pulls all their product out of the league.

..generic look, just like the West logo...it's time people, out with the old, in with the GOAT...

jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:
jordanzone wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

What reaction would I be expecting? The Logo shows the roots of the game. West played for the most glamorous franchise in the sport. He'll be the Logo for a loooooonnnnnng time. This was a cute "what if", though. :clap:
..no, West just happen to be the authors flavor at the time('69), simple as that...playing for the Lakers doesn't matter, even the NBA doesn't want a recognizable individual as the logo...you're not an old fart, so your only other allegiance to the logo is the guy played for the Lakers...so I get why you are adamant about this not changing...
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

jordanzone wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:The logo in the OP is property of Nike, so they'd have to do a different image of MJ less the league gets sued and Nike pulls all their product out of the league.

..generic look, just like the West logo...it's time people, out with the old, in with the GOAT...

hilarious that you think West is outdated, but you want to highlight a player from 20 years ago.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
BrotherCharles
Superstar

Post by BrotherCharles »

Make AngerGeneral Great Again
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

Yes with all due respect to the great Jerry West, it's time to make the G.O.A.T, the official logo of NBA basketball.

Laughing Man
All-Star

Post by Laughing Man »

so change it to Jordan, then 20 yeard from now to LeBron? Oh a gay player comes out who is decent, change it to them? Change it now and you'll be forever stuck changing it for every little thing.
You know what the worst thing about the end of the day is? Tomorrow, it starts all over again.
chiefdodgerslakers24
All-Star

Post by chiefdodgerslakers24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
LookAway wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I think it will happen at some point. Look at the West logo closely. The hair. Shorts.

Does it resemble a modern NBA player in any way? Eventually, somebody will notice and make it part of their agenda...
The Logo is steeped in tradition. Who cares what the fashion was 50 years ago. There is a reason why we get nostalgic over the things we do. Modern is not nostalgic. If there is anything we learned is don't change things that are successful. (I miss the old NBA on NBC theme song, can you tell?)

1. I don't really get the fascination with the NBC stuff on this board... other than it's what many grew up with so that has a lot to do with their affinity for it.

2. I tend to agree with you on the West logo. I like it. I think it's nostalgic iconic.

3. I wouldn't be the one leading the charge to change it. I don't want to... nor do I have the clout. But somebody does... and I bet they add it to their agenda eventually.
NBA was on NBC for my favorite all time NBA basketball moment. Horry for the win. The theme song was perfect, good broadcasters, so much better than ESPN/ABC
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

Shill Jackson wrote:
jordanzone wrote:

hilarious that you think West is outdated, but you want to highlight a player from 20 years ago.

..you realize the West logo was done about 45 years ago?...also, why not have the best the game has ever seen as your logo...West was just the designers popular choice, it could have been a number of people...and Jordan last played less than 20 years ago anyway(not that it mattered)...many on here are too nostalgic to embrace this...
Carpediem77
Superstar

Post by Carpediem77 »

The present NBA logo is not even a top 10 ATG.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

jordanzone wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
jordanzone wrote:

..you realize the West logo was done about 45 years ago?...also, why not have the best the game has ever seen as your logo...West was just the designers popular choice, it could have been a number of people...and Jordan last played less than 20 years ago anyway(not that it mattered)...many on here are too nostalgic to embrace this...
Interesting that you know the mind of the designer.
The choice of the Jordan image is silly. It does not change the design enough, so there are copyright issues. It also doesn't show Jordan doing anything he was known for.
If you want the best the game has ever seen, then have a silhouette of a skyhook.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

Shill Jackson wrote:
jordanzone wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote: hilarious that you think West is outdated, but you want to highlight a player from 20 years ago.

The choice of the Jordan image is silly. It does not change the design enough, so there are copyright issues. It also doesn't show Jordan doing anything he was known for.
If you want the best the game has ever seen, then have a silhouette of a skyhook.
..well, it's well documented what the intent was when it was created...As for a Jordan logo, there are variations that could be used that doesn't interfere with Nike, and even the one I posted is an updated look...

..and no to Kareem...lol, come on man...
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

jordanzone wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
jordanzone wrote:

..well, it's well documented what the intent was when it was created...As for a Jordan logo, there are variations that could be used that doesn't interfere with Nike, and even the one I posted is an updated look...

What do you mean lol to Kareem?
He's the greatest basketball player ever. Dominant since HS. Multiple decades.
Unstoppable shot.

The Jordan logo you've shown doesn't change anything, and ultimately is just an ego stroke by swingers.
--Henry Rollins

jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

Shill Jackson wrote:
jordanzone wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote: Interesting that you know the mind of the designer.

What do you mean lol to Kareem?
He's the greatest basketball player ever. Dominant since HS. Multiple decades.
Unstoppable shot.

The Jordan logo you've shown doesn't change anything, and ultimately is just an ego stroke by swingers.

lol...Kareem isn't even #2 on the pecking order, much less greatest...but I get you Laker fans wanting that so badly...

..also, you think those two logos look the same?... :scratch:
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

So what would you rather have a 40 year old Dodge Dart that would be West? Or a 15 year old Ferrari, Jordan?
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

Da Stars. wrote:So what would you rather have a 40 year old Dodge Dart that would be West? Or a 15 year old Ferrari, Jordan?
..yes, that was my point in the cars pics I posted on page 2...this isn't about something broke needing a fix(as grizz posted), it just about enhancing the product...I don't get why some people take this so personal...
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

elmouse03 wrote:Guess this logo

Bump for the logo that represents todays NBA