Jelly. Heat game.

Talk about anything here.
fsuheater
Superstar

Jelly. Heat game.

Post by fsuheater »

So a friend who has season tix forgot to sell them and gave them to us. Texted the husband (instead of me), so the husband took our son. Happy they got to go, but it would've been cool to go. I haven't been since pre-season vs. the Hawks (my old avatar pic, for those of you that remember). Not to mention that the Pistons are decent.

We usually make it to a game by now. Anyway. No spoilers, please. Game is taping. Reminds me I need to make it to a game soon. This is when things start heating up.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Re: Jelly. Heat game.

Post by Deez »

Sweet. Have fun
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

fsuheater wrote:So a friend who has season tix forgot to sell them and gave them to us. Texted the husband (instead of me), so the husband took our son. Happy they got to go, but it would've been cool to go. I haven't been since pre-season vs. the Hawks (my old avatar pic, for those of you that remember). Not to mention that the Pistons are decent.

We usually make it to a game by now. Anyway. No spoilers, please. Game is taping. Reminds me I need to make it to a game soon. This is when things start heating up.

Awesome good for the son. BTW how many has your son been to? Is this his first? Sorry mom. This is a father son thing.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Da Stars. wrote:
fsuheater wrote:So a friend who has season tix forgot to sell them and gave them to us. Texted the husband (instead of me), so the husband took our son. Happy they got to go, but it would've been cool to go. I haven't been since pre-season vs. the Hawks (my old avatar pic, for those of you that remember). Not to mention that the Pistons are decent.

Awesome good for the son. BTW how many has your son been to? Is this his first? Sorry mom. This is a father son thing.
When I lived in Vancouver, I used to go a ton of Grizzlies games. I probably did about 15-20 games a year on average. And my number 1 "date" was my daughter. She was always a bigger fan than my boys. Now admittedly, they were all pretty young, but out of my 4 kids, my daughter has always been the rabid sports fan.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

I usually go to see the Heat against the Lakers and the Clippers every year (Except for the xmas day games), but I havent gone this year. It is usually just me and the wife for the Lakers, and the whole family for the Clipper game (Obviosly, the Laker game costs alot more coin).

The kids always love going to the games.
fsuheater
Superstar

Post by fsuheater »

Da Stars. wrote:

Ha ha. I think this is his third. We took him to see Washington last year. It is usually just the husband and me, but babysitters last minute are hard to come by. Anyway, hope the gang shows my boy a good game. He is legitimately getting into basketball at 5, so that's cool
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

fsuheater wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:

Ha ha. I think this is his third. We took him to see Washington last year. It is usually just the husband and me, but babysitters last minute are hard to come by. Anyway, hope the gang shows my boy a good game. He is legitimately getting into basketball at 5, so that's cool

Now I am Jelly. I was in my 40's when I saw my first NBA game.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Don't make me call the Jelly School.

[youtube]3LYDvDNIhP0[/youtube]
fsuheater
Superstar

Post by fsuheater »

rileymartin wrote:

I usually go to see the Heat against the Lakers and the Clippers every year (Except for the xmas day games), but I havent gone this year. It is usually just me and the wife for the Lakers, and the whole family for the Clipper game (Obviosly, the Laker game costs alot more coin).

That's awesome. We usually go when the bulls are in town (the team I love to hate). Still relishing being at game 7 vs. Boston and game 5 vs. OKC when we won our 2nd 'ship.

Game 5 was literally a party the entire time, there was no doubt for one moment who was winning that game. Need to make it to see Indi this year. And maybe a good west coast team.
fsuheater
Superstar

Post by fsuheater »

Da Stars. wrote:
fsuheater wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:

Well, what can I say. We're 20 minutes from the arena. My kid will love basketball, that's all there is to it. : )
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

fsuheater wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:
fsuheater wrote:

Well, what can I say. We're 20 minutes from the arena. My kid will love basketball, that's all there is to it. : )

Jelly again. When I was 5. MN had no pro team at all. And my parents income could not allowed me to go anyway.
fsuheater
Superstar

Post by fsuheater »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:

When I lived in Vancouver, I used to go a ton of Grizzlies games. I probably did about 15-20 games a year on average. And my number 1 "date" was my daughter. She was always a bigger fan than my boys. Now admittedly, they were all pretty young, but out of my 4 kids, my daughter has always been the rabid sports fan.
That's great. Wait, how far were you from the arena?

I have a little girl, too. Hope she likes sports as much as I do. I grew up watching a lot of football, so it is just part of me.
fsuheater
Superstar

Post by fsuheater »

Da Stars. wrote:
fsuheater wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:

Jelly again. When I was 5. MN had no pro team at all. And my parents income could not allowed me to go anyway.
Well, now you can watch all the games you want, right?
fsuheater
Superstar

Post by fsuheater »

rileymartin wrote:

Riley, out of curiosity, why the LA teams? Yes, the atmosphere is great, the kids love it. I wish there were more Sunday afternoon games...
Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

fsuheater wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Riley, out of curiosity, why the LA teams? Yes, the atmosphere is great, the kids love it. I wish there were more Sunday afternoon games...
Bandwagon love dies hard.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

My rotten niece has a friend who's mother is an Ice girl for the Stars. I want tickets dang it.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

LOOks like the two of them saw a very good game. Good for them.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

fsuheater wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

I live in SoCal . I dont ever have the opportunity to see the Heat down in Florida, because most of the time when I go back home it is in the summer. I went back home over Christmas, but the Heat were on the road out west here when I was there lol.
I have to admit that I love it out here. in addition to all of the great places and things to do in Cali, as a sports fan, there is everything. My company that I work for has Ducks Tix, and Angel Tix. I have seen the World series, and been to the stanley Cup finals. I even just got my season Tix for the LA Kiss!!!!