Is it just me, or has this whole Finals series felt like regular season games?

Talk about anything here.
CleveTown™
Superstar

Is it just me, or has this whole Finals series felt like regular season games?

Post by CleveTown™ »

I don't know what it is, but it doesnt even feel like Im watching a Finals....and no it's not because Boston is sweeping them.
My RAPTURE LETTER to Angergeneral: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129641&p=1841888
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Is it just me, or has this whole Finals series felt like regular season games?

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Kkk let us down.
CleveTown™
Superstar

Re: Is it just me, or has this whole Finals series felt like regular season games?

Post by CleveTown™ »

Alex_Murphy wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:00 pm Kkk let us down.
no emotion from either team, either. What a lackluster finals this has been.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

CleveTown™ wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:02 pm
Alex_Murphy wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:00 pm Kkk let us down.
no emotion from either team, either. What a lackluster finals this has been.
Ummm Boston is pretty dialed in you dumbass….
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Haven't watched any games to be honest.
I'm in bed well before halftime and busy with other stuff
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

elartman1973 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:00 am Haven't watched any games to be honest.
I'm in bed well before halftime and busy with other stuff
you arent missing anything
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Yes, and outside of Knicks 76ers the entire playoffs has been awful
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Western conference semis had more drama. It is what it is. Reminds me of the 1996 bulls Sonic’s finals where it was a forgone conclusion.
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

kobeunderbite wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:19 am Yes, and outside of Knicks 76ers the entire playoffs has been awful
:stephena:

The entire Western Conference playoffs were better than Knicks Sixers
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

That's what happens when my team is SO good it rends the game of basketball completely noncompetitive.

This playoff had plenty of exciting moments and great games.

It's just that one team (my team), is so much better than the competition it just strips the game of any tension or excitement. In order to have tension, there needs to be a real possibility either team can lose.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:08 am That's what happens when my team is SO good it rends the game of basketball completely noncompetitive.

It's just that one team (my team), is so much better than the competition it just strips the game of any tension or excitement. In order to have tension, there needs to be a real possibility either team can lose.
As much as I hate to see this bitch ass Celtics team win, I’ll give them credit where it’s due. Everybody said that they had the easiest road to the Finals ever, then they folded the Mavericks dicks into a knot after everyone picked them to win.

Turns out the Celtics are really just that good.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

zombiesonics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:20 am
As much as I hate to see this bitch ass Celtics team win, I’ll give them credit where it’s due. Everybody said that they had the easiest road to the Finals ever, then they folded the Mavericks dicks into a knot after everyone picked them to win.

I tried to tell people the Celtics are simply a GOAT-tier team playing in a relatively easy circumstance. People act like that combination is impossible, and it's not. That was most of Magic's career, and Lebron's Heat career to a slightly lesser extent.

The Celtics won virtually the same percentage of games against the West this year as the East (77 vs 78 in RS), and had a *higher* net rating against the West than East (14 vs. 10 in RS).

It's too bad there isn't a second great team to challenge them so we can see just what the ceiling is. Four or five teams clumping into a "very good" category behind them means the league is in good shape, but it doesn't make for an exciting series in the 1 v 1 situation in the Finals.
Last edited by Bush4Ever. on Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:08 am That's what happens when my team is SO good it rends the game of basketball completely noncompetitive.

Are you saying everyone picked Dallas or Boston?
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

On RealGM, I think like 40 percent picked Dallas, which blew my mind, since it's usually a way more grounded board than most I've seen on the internet.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:56 am

Dallas. Everyone was riding their dick and calling Kyrie and Luka were the GOAT duo of all-time.

:pjaxlol:
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

kobeunderbite wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:19 am Yes, and outside of Knicks 76ers the entire playoffs has been awful
Magic and cavs was solid...over your head obviously

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

They did have the easiest road. Ever best player on opposing team was injured. Including luka

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

zombiesonics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:04 am
PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:56 am

Dallas. Everyone was riding their dick and calling Kyrie and Luka were the GOAT duo of all-time.

:pjaxlol:
I thought Boston would win but I expected a closer series than this.

Ultimately, this Boston team feels inevitable. The regular season already showed us how good they are and now they're capping it off with a dominant playoff run.

Sure, they didn't play the greatest playoff teams and for the most part injuries were in Boston's favor, but that's part of the game.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

There is no denying Boston had a historically weak run TO the Finals (maybe the weakest run ever, when you factor in the injuries to the opponents' best player/s, combined with the overall level of talent of the 3 EC opponents), and for that reason ALONE the Celtics can never be considered a GOAT tier team UNLESS they beat another GOAT tier team in the Finals (like Magic and the Lakers did in the 80's)... and clearly these Mavs are nowhere even remotely close to that level.

If we were to create a Tier list:

GOAT tier Champion
Elite tier Champion
Average Champion

... the Celtics would rank somewhere between Average and Elite.

That's keeping it real... sorry bushy.

8-)
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."