Celtics are finished

Talk about anything here.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Celtics are finished

Post by elartman1973 »

BREAKING: Kristaps Porzingis suffered a torn medial retinaculum allowing dislocation of the posterior tibialis tendon and is considered day-to-day.

Joe Mazzulla says this is a “serious injury” and the Celtics’ medical team will make the decision about Kristaps Porzingis’ availability. “He’s doing anything and everything he can to be able to play,” Mazzulla said.
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

xer0
Superstar

Re: Celtics are finished

Post by xer0 »

Honestly even if they win, this is supposed to be the 'most talented' era ever according to some modern simps, from what I've watched of these finals this level of basketball is pathetic, anyone that thinks either of these two teams are beating the bird Celtics, Isiah pistons or magic Lakers are out of their minds. Nobody is going to remember or talk about this finals and they'll quickly be a forgotten footnote in NBA history, mid level talent teams at best. This era is a joke
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

xer0 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:45 pm Honestly even if they win, this is supposed to be the 'most talented' era ever according to some modern simps, from what I've watched of these finals this level of basketball is pathetic, anyone that thinks either of these two teams are beating the bird Celtics, Isiah pistons or magic Lakers are out of their minds. Nobody is going to remember or talk about this finals and they'll quickly be a forgotten footnote in NBA history, mid level talent teams at best. This era is a joke
I sometimes feel like you didn’t receive enough hugs as a kid.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

xer0 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:45 pm Honestly even if they win, this is supposed to be the 'most talented' era ever according to some modern simps, from what I've watched of these finals this level of basketball is pathetic, anyone that thinks either of these two teams are beating the bird Celtics, Isiah pistons or magic Lakers are out of their minds. Nobody is going to remember or talk about this finals and they'll quickly be a forgotten footnote in NBA history, mid level talent teams at best. This era is a joke
Oh look, it's the non-NBA fan talking about the NBA again! :lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

They'd curb stomp all of them. Nostalgia can really be an illness.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

As much as i want the Mavs to win. I would almost rather lose than win a series with one of the teams top players out. Go Mavs.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

The Bulls didn't even win a title when they lost Horace Grant, and the 1986 Celtics didn't win a title when they lost Bill Walton, who was a backup center at the time. Even the 2017/18 Warriors lost in 2019 when some pieces were lost through injury.

The 2024 Celtics losing KP, but winning a title anyway would mark them as the CLEAR GOAT team with no possible arguments against.

Losing KP makes the series more risky, but the reward much higher.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:27 pm The Bulls didn't even win a title when they lost Horace Grant, and the 1986 Celtics didn't win a title when they lost Bill Walton, who was a backup center at the time. Even the 2017/18 Warriors lost in 2019 when some pieces were lost through injury.

The 2024 Celtics losing KP, but winning a title anyway would mark them as the CLEAR GOAT team with no possible arguments against.

Non starter out for games and win makes them greatest team ever.

I am going to get drunk, sober out and drunk again to even understand the most fucked up post I have ever read from the great Busch.

Hell they only have to win 2 of the next 4 games.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Da Stars. wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:50 pm
Non starter out for games and win makes them greatest team ever.

I am going to get drunk, sober out and drunk again to even understand the most fucked up post I have ever read from the great Busch.

Hell they only have to win 2 of the next 4 games.
All it took was losing a backup center for the 1986 Celtics to not win a title.

Where do people rank the 1986 Celtics all-time? Boomers usually rank them in the top 5. Some even as the GOAT team.

Ditto with the Curry/Durant Warriors in 2019. A GOAT-tier team took a few injuries and blam-o....no title.

Being robust against injuries to important players would be a feather in the cap....history shows pretty clearly how great teams can be surprisingly fragile in the face of injuries.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:27 pm The Bulls didn't even win a title when they lost Horace Grant, and the 1986 Celtics didn't win a title when they lost Bill Walton, who was a backup center at the time. Even the 2017/18 Warriors lost in 2019 when some pieces were lost through injury.

Not even remotely close

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

elartman1973 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:09 pm
Not even remotely close
64 regular season wins and 4th best net rating in history within the best era of ball ever.
Best starter +/- in year
Best bench +/- in year
Best offense in year
Potentially going 16-2 in the playoffs, despite losing arguably their 3rd most important player at a critical juncture.

It's not arguable at the point, assuming they finish the job.

You are literally arguing against two plus two equaling four.

lmao
Last edited by Bush4Ever. on Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Injury to a 20ppg scorer, Artman: no excuses
Injury to Cole Anthony, Artman: Orlando lost because they're injured
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:15 pm
elartman1973 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:09 pm
Not even remotely close
64 regular season wins and 4th best net rating in history within the best era of ball ever.
Best starter +/- in year
Best bench +/- in year
Best offense in year
Potentially going 16-2 in the playoffs, despite losing arguably their 3rd most important player at a critical juncture.

It's not arguable at the point, assuming they finish the job.

You are literally arguing against two plus two equaling four.

lmao
Dont give a shit about numbers vs injured teams or other teams of this era. Doesn't translates. Give it a rest bandwagon fool

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

elartman1973 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:20 pm Dont give a shit about numbers vs injured teams or other teams of this era. Doesn't translates. Give it a rest bandwagon fool
I'm pretty sure not every team was injured all year around, over an 82 game schedule.

The C's playoff dominance is simply a continuation of what they did in the regular season.

They had a net rating of 14.2 against the West this year.

By comparison, the 1996 Bulls had a net rating of 14.0 against the East.

This is a historically great team, by any meaningful metric.

I know it's difficult as a Magic fun to understand greatness, but it's still a fact.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:24 pm
elartman1973 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:20 pm Dont give a shit about numbers vs injured teams or other teams of this era. Doesn't translates. Give it a rest bandwagon fool
I'm pretty sure not every team was injured all year around, over an 82 game schedule.

The C's playoff dominance is simply a continuation of what they did in the regular season.

They had a net rating of 14.2 against the West this year.

By comparison, the 1996 Bulls had a net rating of 14.0 against the East.

This is a historically great team, by any meaningful metric.

I know it's difficult as a Magic fun to understand greatness, but it's still a fact.
The celtics playoffs have been absolutely embarrassing compared to real teams You're trying to discredit.
You wouldn't know what being a real fan is about.
Stop pretending you're a fan.
It's cringey

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

elartman1973 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:12 pm jealousy
You aren't allowed to address me, or other Celtics fans without a proper address (Sir, King, etc...).

Sorry peasant. Those are the rules. And you WILL obey.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:38 pm
elartman1973 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:12 pm jealousy
You aren't allowed to address me, or other Celtics fans without a proper address (Sir, King, etc...).

Sorry peasant. Those are the rules. And you WILL obey.
Nobody is jealous of the celtics.
A real fan would understand this
Your deflection is noted

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

elartman1973 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:39 pm
Nobody is jealous of the celtics.
A real fan would understand this
Your deflection is noted
Ignored until you learn how to act in the face of a real man, who is better than you in all facets of life, who is a fan of a team that is overwhelmingly superior to yours.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush is finished...
What a delusional retard and he's most definitely triggered as fuck

Classic yet very common