Tankathon has Lakers drafting both Isiah Collier & Bronny James

Talk about anything here.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Tankathon has Lakers drafting both Isiah Collier & Bronny James

Post by lettherebehouse »

I like Collier but how you gon take him if Devin Carter and Terrence walking bucket Shannon are available?

:stephena:
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

lettherebehouse wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:48 pm I like Collier but how you gon take him if Devin Carter and Terrence walking bucket Shannon are available?

I’m not sure. The lakers weaknesses are glaring. They need players who are complete and understand the game . High level defensive IQ. The Lakers can achieve elite basketball status if they change up how they play. They need a PG like Haliburton who can stop on a dime in transition and sink threes. The Lakers need to put up 240 points a night and that’s not gonna happen playing Lebron and AD ball.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

What happns if a bottom-feeder like Detroit or the Wizards draft Bronny before the Lakers? Is LeFraud going to bail on the Lakers and sign with a doormat just so he can play with his sissy son?

:lol: :roll: :L
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Collier at 17 would be an absolute steal. His ceiling is as high as any guards in this draft if his shot comes around
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Is Collier gonna make it to #17?

I thought I read the Jazz want him at #10?
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Alex_Murphy wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:58 pm
lettherebehouse wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:48 pm I like Collier but how you gon take him if Devin Carter and Terrence walking bucket Shannon are available?

I’m not sure. The lakers weaknesses are glaring. They need players who are complete and understand the game . High level defensive IQ. The Lakers can achieve elite basketball status if they change up how they play. They need a PG like Haliburton who can stop on a dime in transition and sink threes. The Lakers need to put up 240 points a night and that’s not gonna happen playing Lebron and AD ball.

There’s not a better defensive guard in the draft than Carter
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Bronny would be the 7th best player on the floor in a kingcarl rec league game.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

The LeGMing of Lebron James is a negative on his career.

He's a made man...as a player. As a GM, he's a bit of a mess, at least sometimes.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

lettherebehouse wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:26 pm

It is what it is. I’m highly disappointed in AD three point shooting prowess the last couple years. I thought he was way more efficient from beyond the arc during the bubble championship. He regressed and if anything didn’t improve his long ball. I would like to see AD bring the ball up on some possessions and just stop at the arc and let em rip. Transition 3 point shooting needs to be the name of the game and the lakers need more players with the huevos to take them with 15-20 seconds left on the shot clock. Tired of them running boring ass offenses.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Alex_Murphy wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:00 pm

It is what it is. I’m highly disappointed in AD three point shooting prowess the last couple years. I thought he was way more efficient from beyond the arc during the bubble championship. He regressed and if anything didn’t improve his long ball. I would like to see AD bring the ball up on some possessions and just stop at the arc and let em rip. Transition 3 point shooting needs to be the name of the game and the lakers need more players with the huevos to take them with 15-20 seconds left on the shot clock. Tired of them running boring ass offenses.

Well shit wasn’t Gabe Vincent supposed to bring some of that to the table foe us? And year before, Beasley?

:noidea:
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

lettherebehouse wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:17 pm

Well shit wasn’t Gabe Vincent supposed to bring some of that to the table foe us? And year before, Beasley?

Cmon man that’s like asking Gary Payton II to come back and lead the warriors to the championship. We need future stars this is the Lakers. Austin Reeves is a good look but we need some other under the radar studs that can hoop. Give me Tyler Herro and Lauri Markenen and see what I do with this Laker offense.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Alex_Murphy wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:21 pm
lettherebehouse wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:17 pm

Cmon man that’s like asking Gary Payton II to come back and lead the warriors to the championship. We need future stars this is the Lakers. Austin Reeves is a good look but we need some other under the radar studs that can hoop. Give me Tyler Herro and Lauri Markenen and see what I do with this Laker offense.

I’m just talm’bout dudes who can bring a ball up court and chuck a 3 early in the shot clock as you described. Role guys, not stars although we need them too. But we need the Derrick White 3 & D types desperately and the last few we brought in never panned out.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

No matter who lakers draft, the homers will claim they drafted the next superstar and declare him the steal of the draft....and will be wrong as they have been every year
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Watching Bronny fall on his ass will be priceless.