Lets get the shit started.

Talk about anything here.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Lets get the shit started.

Post by Da Stars. »

Lets get this finals series started. Go Mavs. I might be supporting a dead horse. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Re: Lets get the shit started.

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Time for Tatum to take the final step.

It's not likely to be any easier in a Finals than right now for him.

Let's go!!!
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Porzingis is back. That is meaningful.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I just don’t have any faith in Tatum. He just doesn’t impress me at all.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:23 am Porzingis is back. That is meaningful.
No way. LOL.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:27 am I just don’t have any faith in Tatum. He just doesn’t impress me at all.
Shit is crazy to me.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

A Jazz fan would be the expert on stars choking and underperforming in the playoffs/finals, wouldn't he?

:troll:
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:42 am A Jazz fan would be the expert on stars choking and underperforming in the playoffs/finals, wouldn't he?

:troll:
bush with the mic drop moment.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

I understand it's how they do it every year but with the early series finishes in hockey and basketball. Having a full week off in each takes some interest for me.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Robceltsfan wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:36 am
Kingcarl24 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:27 am I just don’t have any faith in Tatum. He just doesn’t impress me at all.
Shit is crazy to me.
Yeah I know he’s good but I feel like he’s just not that guy.

Sorry. I am rooting for Boston though.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:18 am Time for Tatum to take the final step.

It's not likely to be any easier in a Finals than right now for him.

Let's go!!!

BOOKMARKING this post so "IF" the Celtics win you'll look like a fool if you decide to spew anymore foolish drivel about how the 2024 Celtics are better than the 90's Bulls (lolol), like you did in that other thread a week or so ago.

:lol: :roll: :L

:asskicking:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:23 pm

BOOKMARKING this post so "IF" the Celtics win you'll look like a fool if you decide to spew anymore foolish drivel about how the 2024 Celtics are better than the 90's Bulls (lolol), like you did in that other thread a week or so ago.

There's nothing contradictory, dummy.

The 2024 Celtics (contingent on winning a title) are a GOAT-tier team....who happened to be playing a lesser team than would be usual in a Finals.

Do you think the 1996 Bulls would have somehow gotten worse if they played the 96 Rockets (48 wins) in the Finals instead of the 96 Sonics?

Did every member of the Dream Team suddenly tank overnight because they were playing non-NBA players from Angola or Cuba or even Croatia?

Stop. Think. Edit your post. You'll be okay.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:29 pm

The 2024 Celtics (contingent on winning a title) are a GOAT-tier team....who happened to be playing a lesser team than would be usual in a Finals.

Do you think the 1996 Bulls would have somehow gotten worse if they played the 96 Rockets (48 wins) in the Finals instead of the 96 Sonics?

Did every member of the Dream Team suddenly tank overnight because they were playing non-NBA players from Angola or Cuba or even Croatia?

You can't be a GOAT-tier team if the teams you beat were either crippled with injuries to their best players or weak overall, simpleton... and yes, anyone who declares these Celtics better than the 96 Bulls IS a simpleton.

Now go grab some bench, but on your way bring TDK a sammich.

:asskicking:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:49 pm
You can't be a GOAT-tier team if the teams you beat were either crippled with injuries to their best players or weak overall, simpleton...
Okay, so let's go through the logic.

1. You claim today's era is the worst in NBA history, or very close.
2. You claim if you play weaker competition, you become lesser yourself (somehow)

So if we time-machined the 1996 Bulls to the modern day, they would become a terrible team correct?

Since they would be playing nothing but scrubs (in your words), and you can't simply be a great team who happened to get lucky with a nice schedule in a given year.

Let's see you be intellectually honest and internally consistent and agree with yourself.

Go ahead...lol
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:59 pm
You can't be a GOAT-tier team if the teams you beat were either crippled with injuries to their best players or weak overall, simpleton...

2. You claim if you play weaker competition, you become lesser yourself (somehow)

So if we time-machined the 1996 Bulls to the modern day, they would become a terrible team correct?

Since they would be playing nothing but scrubs (in your words), and you can't simply be a great team who happened to get lucky with a nice schedule in a given year.

Let's see you be intellectually honest and internally consistent and agree with yourself.

Go ahead...lol
The '96 Bulls would go 83-0 against this pansy-assed league! Then they'd go 16-0 in the playoffs.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

~TDK
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

Just in the Finals. Bush. The Mavs faced a 50 win team in the first round. Celtics, 0. until facing the Mavs. Celts are hardly an elite team.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Da Stars. wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:30 pm
Just in the Finals. Bush. The Mavs faced a 50 win team in the first round. Celtics, 0. until facing the Mavs. Celts are hardly an elite team.
No.

77 percent winning percentage against the West this year.

4th highest net rating in HISTORY (by the way, it was HIGHER against the West than the East, I believe 14 vs. 10 IIRC).

Best starters by +/- this year (1st)
Best bench by +/- this year (1st)

Best offense this year (1st)
Almost the best defense this year (3rd)

Get this...sometimes legit great teams simply luck out and get an easier path than normal to the Finals (or at least in the last two rounds).

It's not that complicated.

Don't worry though...they haven't won it yet...they can absolutely lose this series. Obviously if they lose against Dallas, all bets are off.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

The '87 Lakers are considered the best version of the Magic Johnson era. They won 65 games. They won the title.

But in the WC playoffs, they faced teams with 37 wins, 42 wins and 39 wins. A total record of 118-128.

TIL that Stars thinks that Lakers team isn't "elite".

~George Carlin~
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:59 pm

Go ahead...lol
:roll:

If the 96 Bulls faced the Sonics without Payton (or Kemp), the Magic without Shaq or Penny, etc., then their status as the "undisputed" GOAT team would be questioned/debatable. But since all their competition was healthy (unlike Boston's) there is no denying it. By the same logic IF the 2024 Celtics win the Championship it'll come as a result of having (arguably) THE weakest path to the Finals ever, not to mention "it's not likely to be any easier in a Finals than right now"... your words.

So...

All-time weak Conference competition + never easier in the Finals (your words) = only a simpleton would claim these 2024 Celtics > 96 Bulls.

Not a particularly difficult concept.

PS: I never said today's NBA is full of scrubs. The fact that you're spewing bold-faced lies then questioning my intellectual honesty is proof positive you're grasping at straws. Be a man and take your beatdown, will ya?

:roll:

:L

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Da Stars. wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:30 pm

You can only play who is in front of you. Part of the reason that I have become less impressed with the 90s Bulls with the passage of time. The way they were constructed was terrific. Who they played in the playoffs, in general, were far weaker teams.