Just got ptyregium surgery

Talk about anything here.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Just got ptyregium surgery

Post by wailuaFC »

Had one for over 20 years and doctors have refused to cut it out. Finally found one that was willing and there was so much scar tissue built up behind it that it caused an astigmatism and night blindness in that eye. Now instead of a month recovery, I’ve got two months, and the first two weeks I’m not supposed to lift anything over 5 pounds or expose my eye to sunlight. I’m gonna go insane, thank god for the playoffs.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Re: Just got ptyregium surgery

Post by Da Stars. »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:36 pm Had one for over 20 years and doctors have refused to cut it out. Finally found one that was willing and there was so much scar tissue built up behind it that it caused an astigmatism and night blindness in that eye. Now instead of a month recovery, I’ve got two months, and the first two weeks I’m not supposed to lift anything over 5 pounds or expose my eye to sunlight. I’m gonna go insane, thank god for the playoffs.
And all this time I thought you were posting more cause you missed us. :suds:

Hope the eye gets better soon.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

I wish you the best in recovery.

Stay sheltered and rest up.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

I have been around more because of the playoffs, surgery was yesterday. Thanks Phuture, that long of inactivity is gonna be brutal for me. Movie/tv shows/book recommendations would be appreciated.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:45 pm I have been around more because of the playoffs, surgery was yesterday. Thanks Phuture, that long of inactivity is gonna be brutal for me. Movie/tv shows/book recommendations would be appreciated.

Shogun
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

kobeunderbite wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:45 pm
wailuaFC wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:45 pm I have been around more because of the playoffs, surgery was yesterday. Thanks Phuture, that long of inactivity is gonna be brutal for me. Movie/tv shows/book recommendations would be appreciated.

Shogun
I’ve heard good things, HBO?
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:36 pm Had one for over 20 years and doctors have refused to cut it out. Finally found one that was willing and there was so much scar tissue built up behind it that it caused an astigmatism and night blindness in that eye. Now instead of a month recovery, I’ve got two months, and the first two weeks I’m not supposed to lift anything over 5 pounds or expose my eye to sunlight. I’m gonna go insane, thank god for the playoffs.
Try wearing 2 eye patches when you're 6 years old
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

elartman1973 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:00 pm
I can’t, I’m a few decades past six years old. What were your surgeries for?
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:13 pm
I can’t, I’m a few decades past six years old. What were your surgeries for?
Had surgery at 4 years old, botched..then 6 years old corrected it. Astigmatism thing
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Congrats dude. Rest easy. In the process of shuttling my father back and forth for cataract surgeries. Soon he'll get new prescriptions and new frames then he can get back to AARP pimpin pimpin.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

I had to wear one around the time I was learning how to ride a bicycle.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:26 pm Congrats dude. Rest easy. In the process of shuttling my father back and forth for cataract surgeries. Soon he'll get new prescriptions and new frames then he can get back to AARP pimpin pimpin.
Cataracts is a way more invasive surgery, but glad to hear he’ll be back to the pimp game soon. Best of luck to you and him
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:38 pm
Havlicekstealsit wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:26 pm Congrats dude. Rest easy. In the process of shuttling my father back and forth for cataract surgeries. Soon he'll get new prescriptions and new frames then he can get back to AARP pimpin pimpin.
Cataracts is a way more invasive surgery, but glad to hear he’ll be back to the pimp game soon. Best of luck to you and him
I had cataract surgery (probably old MTBike injury) and a lens replacement.
Not too bad. Drops, no lifting, etc.

Shogun is a FX show. Hulu maybe. Near perfect.
I’ve been watching Welcome to Wrexham, which is very good.
The Bear is amazing if you have not seen it.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**