The Lord of the Rings is back

Talk about anything here.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Re: The Lord of the Rings is back

Post by Robceltsfan »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:08 pm I am aware now. I was simply saying that hearing that Gollum would have been alive if this was a sequel to ROTK wouldn't have been that crazy to me, given it's a fantasy world.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

kobeunderbite wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:51 am They're not bringing Gollum back to life, the story isn't post-ROTK, and the Hobbit movies were great and huge successes.
Disagree about the hobbit movies. No mention of Tom bombadil is wild, and way too reliance on cgi. One of the best things about LOTR was each orc, goblin, etc had its own individual set of armor made for it, not the crappy cgi the hobbit used. Rohan was built from the ground up, the interior of helms deep as well, it was amazing. I’m surprised they aren’t using the silmarillion for a new movie, way more interesting and plot relevant than hunting golem, but I’m sure Peter Jackson will make it decent.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:27 pm
kobeunderbite wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:51 am They're not bringing Gollum back to life, the story isn't post-ROTK, and the Hobbit movies were great and huge successes.
Disagree about the hobbit movies. No mention of Tom bombadil is wild, and way too reliance on cgi. One of the best things about LOTR was each orc, goblin, etc had its own individual set of armor made for it, not the crappy cgi the hobbit used. Rohan was built from the ground up, the interior of helms deep as well, it was amazing. I’m surprised they aren’t using the silmarillion for a new movie, way more interesting and plot relevant than hunting golem, but I’m sure Peter Jackson will make it decent.

It's true that the Hobbit movies were visually hideous CGI-fests and not even a fraction as good as LotR, but I still enjoyed them a lot.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

kobeunderbite wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:37 pm

It's true that the Hobbit movies were visually hideous CGI-fests and not even a fraction as good as LotR, but I still enjoyed them a lot.
I think the casting was pretty damn good and they hit the most nostalgic scenes really well like floating down in the barrels and the trolls arguing scene
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Armitage was great as Thorin.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:40 pm
kobeunderbite wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:37 pm

I think the casting was pretty damn good and they hit the most nostalgic scenes really well like floating down in the barrels and the trolls arguing scene

The weird go pro shots in the barrel scene semi killed it for me, it was so distracting. But the Smaug sequence was absolute perfection imo
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Nothing crazy about the video but a nice reminder.

The GOAT trilogy. Period.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Robceltsfan wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:50 am
PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:48 am
Robceltsfan wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:44 am We assumed Gandalf died, yes.

We watched Gollum die.
It's not that farfetched to you if they said Gollum was somehow alive?

It's a fantasy world with magic.

Surviving after falling into lava? Way too unrealistic...
Agreed!
No way!

"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

I named my new dog brego after the horse that saved Aragorn. I hate having to explain it to people but I like the name
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Shill Jackson wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:50 pm
Robceltsfan wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:50 am
PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:48 am
It's not that farfetched to you if they said Gollum was somehow alive?

It's a fantasy world with magic.

Surviving after falling into lava? Way too unrealistic...
Agreed!
No way!

:banderas:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

wailuaFC wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:17 pm I named my new dog brego after the horse that saved Aragorn. I hate having to explain it to people but I like the name
Great name.

What kinda dog?
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:41 pm
wailuaFC wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:17 pm I named my new dog brego after the horse that saved Aragorn. I hate having to explain it to people but I like the name
Great name.

What kinda dog?
Malanois. Highly recommend not getting one of these. I love him and he’s a ton of fun, but if you don’t have the time or energy to take care of them, I could see them being an absolute menace. He’s too smart for his own good
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

wailuaFC wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:42 am
Great name.

What kinda dog?
Malanois. Highly recommend not getting one of these. I love him and he’s a ton of fun, but if you don’t have the time or energy to take care of them, I could see them being an absolute menace. He’s too smart for his own good
How big is your Mutt. FWIW. I call my Schnauzers mutts all the time. So it not a bad thing. And yes I have to take the dogs to the dog park daily, or else they drive me nuts. :suds:
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Da Stars. wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:53 am
Great name.

What kinda dog?
How big is your Mutt. FWIW. I call my Schnauzers mutts all the time. So it not a bad thing. And yes I have to take the dogs to the dog park daily, or else they drive me nuts. :suds:
Picked him up from the shelter. Brother in law saw a post on Facebook that he was gonna be dropped off there and I jumped on the opportunity. His littermates went for 2k a piece so I got lucky. He’s 7 months old and a little over 50 pounds
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Great name.

What kinda dog?
Nice.

Seems you have your hands full but are up for the task.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

wailuaFC wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:27 am
Picked him up from the shelter. Brother in law saw a post on Facebook that he was gonna be dropped off there and I jumped on the opportunity. His littermates went for 2k a piece so I got lucky. He’s 7 months old and a little over 50 pounds
He’s at the age where he’s ready for some serious training.
I got a tip with my first Aussie to use different hand commands with each verbal command. Gives their brain extra to work on. When my Aussie started losing his hearing, he’d still respond to the hand commands.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Shill Jackson wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:55 pm
wailuaFC wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:27 am

He’s at the age where he’s ready for some serious training.
I got a tip with my first Aussie to use different hand commands with each verbal command. Gives their brain extra to work on. When my Aussie started losing his hearing, he’d still respond to the hand commands.
Yeah I’ve been incorporating verbal and visual commands. We work with search and rescue dogs, but he’s not allowed to be a part of the program until he’s a year old. He should be pretty well trained by that point