The Lord of the Rings is back

Talk about anything here.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Re: The Lord of the Rings is back

Post by Robceltsfan »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:08 pm I am aware now. I was simply saying that hearing that Gollum would have been alive if this was a sequel to ROTK wouldn't have been that crazy to me, given it's a fantasy world.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

kobeunderbite wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:51 am They're not bringing Gollum back to life, the story isn't post-ROTK, and the Hobbit movies were great and huge successes.
Disagree about the hobbit movies. No mention of Tom bombadil is wild, and way too reliance on cgi. One of the best things about LOTR was each orc, goblin, etc had its own individual set of armor made for it, not the crappy cgi the hobbit used. Rohan was built from the ground up, the interior of helms deep as well, it was amazing. I’m surprised they aren’t using the silmarillion for a new movie, way more interesting and plot relevant than hunting golem, but I’m sure Peter Jackson will make it decent.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:27 pm
kobeunderbite wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:51 am They're not bringing Gollum back to life, the story isn't post-ROTK, and the Hobbit movies were great and huge successes.
Disagree about the hobbit movies. No mention of Tom bombadil is wild, and way too reliance on cgi. One of the best things about LOTR was each orc, goblin, etc had its own individual set of armor made for it, not the crappy cgi the hobbit used. Rohan was built from the ground up, the interior of helms deep as well, it was amazing. I’m surprised they aren’t using the silmarillion for a new movie, way more interesting and plot relevant than hunting golem, but I’m sure Peter Jackson will make it decent.

It's true that the Hobbit movies were visually hideous CGI-fests and not even a fraction as good as LotR, but I still enjoyed them a lot.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

kobeunderbite wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:37 pm

It's true that the Hobbit movies were visually hideous CGI-fests and not even a fraction as good as LotR, but I still enjoyed them a lot.
I think the casting was pretty damn good and they hit the most nostalgic scenes really well like floating down in the barrels and the trolls arguing scene
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Armitage was great as Thorin.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:40 pm
kobeunderbite wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:37 pm

I think the casting was pretty damn good and they hit the most nostalgic scenes really well like floating down in the barrels and the trolls arguing scene

The weird go pro shots in the barrel scene semi killed it for me, it was so distracting. But the Smaug sequence was absolute perfection imo