G.O.A.T.

Rudy Gobert wins his 4th DPOY award

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Isaac robbed.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: Rudy Gobert wins his 4th DPOY award

Post by PhutureDynasty »

I actually think it should have gone to Wemby but Rudy is still an elite defender.

Four DPOYs is amazing. He's on the short list of greatest defensive bigs ever.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Madness posted a video of people afraid to take what seems like open layups when Wemby is near.

I do not think an advanced defensive metric can track things like that. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, Bush.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Would be a Below average defender in the 90s
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:15 am Madness posted a video of people afraid to take what seems like open layups when Wemby is near.

I do not think an advanced defensive metric can track things like that. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, Bush.
Wemby was a joke everytime the magic played him..we lived in the paint and embarrassed him. His offense was below average as well
Facts.
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

elartman1973 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:04 am Would be a Below average defender in the 90s
Amazing trolling Artie!!!
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:15 am Madness posted a video of people afraid to take what seems like open layups when Wemby is near.

That type of interaction should eventually roll up into productive +/- data, since they are passing up shooting easy scoring chances for (presumably) harder ones within the same possession, whereas they don't do that for most players.

Over time that should equate to lower scoring rates for the opposing offense, all else equal.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:53 pm

That type of interaction should eventually roll up into productive +/- data, since they are passing up shooting easy scoring chances for (presumably) harder ones within the same possession, whereas they don't do that for most players.

Over time that should equate to lower scoring rates for the opposing offense, all else equal.
That makes sense and after I hit send on that post I had a feeling they were smart enough to find a metric that can "track" that.

Thanks for making me look stupid though.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Speaking of lower scoring, I don't think OKC has allowed 100 points in any of their playoff games. Chet and them boys doin' work.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Congrats to Mr. Gobert... one of the very few players in the NBA today who actually plays tough, consistent, all-out Defense like they played in the late 80's - 00's.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."