Grizz.

Talk about anything here.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Grizz.

Post by Da Stars. »

In your opinion who is doing the best job of broadcasting the NBA and NHL playoffs. I have really enjoyed not watching the Stars and Maves home team broadcasters. Very balanced.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Re: Grizz.

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

I watch virtually all my hockey on Canadian networks. Every single playoff game is on TV here. So the names won't mean much to you. Chris Cuthbert is a great play by play guy. Color commentators are not so hot. I'll go with Craig Simpson there, but he's just okay. Best studio host is Ron McLean by a mile and the best studio analyst is Kevin Bieksa. Funny thing is I disliked that little prick Bieksa when he played for the Canucks. Bit of an agitator, bit dirty, but would only answer the bell against smaller guys.

I think Mike Breen and Ian Eagle are the play by play guys that do the best job in the NBA.

Just as a general comment, at least on TV, I find Canadian broadcasters of local NHL games tend to be a lot less biased than their US city counterparts. Not a fair comment overall, because there are great ones (Dave Ransdorf for Tampa Bay for example), but a lot are just PURE homers.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Re: Grizz.

Post by Da Stars. »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:48 pm I watch virtually all my hockey on Canadian networks. Every single playoff game is on TV here. So the names won't mean much to you. Chris Cuthbert is a great play by play guy. Color commentators are not so hot. I'll go with Craig Simpson there, but he's just okay. Best studio host is Ron McLean by a mile and the best studio analyst is Kevin Bieksa. Funny thing is I disliked that little prick Bieksa when he played for the Canucks. Bit of an agitator, bit dirty, but would only answer the bell against smaller guys.

I think Mike Breen and Ian Eagle are the play by play guys that do the best job in the NBA.

Just as a general comment, at least on TV, I find Canadian broadcasters of local NHL games tend to be a lot less biased than their US city counterparts. Not a fair comment overall, because there are great ones (Dave Ransdorf for Tampa Bay for example), but a lot are just PURE homers.
Give me TNT over ESPN in both sports all day long.

That being said, homer announcers are just annoying.