So the T'Wolves held the MIGHTY JOKER and his Nuggets to 80 points...

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

So the T'Wolves held the MIGHTY JOKER and his Nuggets to 80 points...

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

...and they did so withOut the (soon to be) 4-time DPOY (Gobert) on the floor.

:lol: at the defending Champs (led by a guy who is "supposed to be" miles better than the GOAT Michael Jordan - lolol) getting thoroughly embarrassed on their Home court by a LOWER seed missing the best defender in the game.

Inexcusable.

:mjlaugh:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: So the T'Wolves held the MIGHTY JOKER and his Nuggets to 80 points...

Post by kobeunderbite »

What point do you think you're making here? That the NBA is deep enough to the point that there are several great teams unlike the 1990's when there were generally about 1.5-2.0 good teams every season?
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

If Joker loses with HCA in the playoffs, he'll just need five more such playoff series losses to catch up to Larry Bird.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

kobeunderbite wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:49 am What point do you think you're making here? That the NBA is deep enough to the point that there are several great teams unlike the 1990's when there were generally about 1.5-2.0 good teams every season?
If a bunch of 45-55 Win teams that never won a Championship in this era is your definition of "great" teams, then my point about the league is even more valid... as the STANDARD for "greatness" has been lowered significantly.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:16 am
kobeunderbite wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:49 am What point do you think you're making here? That the NBA is deep enough to the point that there are several great teams unlike the 1990's when there were generally about 1.5-2.0 good teams every season?
If a bunch of 45-55 Win teams that never won a Championship in this era is your definition of "great" teams, then my point about the league is even more valid... as the STANDARD for "greatness" has been lowered significantly.
Greatness doesn't mean a bunch of 60+ win teams. That's what happens in a top-heavy, low-parity league. That's what the expansion 90's were.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:59 am If Joker loses with HCA in the playoffs, he'll just need five more such playoff series losses to catch up to Larry Bird.
Well he'd better hurry because Joker is already MILES BEHIND Bird in the MVP and Ring department, as Legend won 5 MVP's and 3 Championships in just his first 8 years in the league (going up against vastly superior Playoff opponents) while Joker only has 3 and 1 respectively after his 8th season (lolol)... and the way things are going in this series (his 9th season), those numbers aren't about to change anytime soon.

Who knows... maybe LeFraud decides to take his talents to the Nuggets next year so he can destroy Joker's career (like he did Bosh, Love,etc.) and cripple Denver for the next 10 years like he's doing in LA.

:lol:

PS: You think you're sneaky and clever eh, trying to suck TDK into a Joker/Bird debate. Not happening bushy... first you must admit defeat and acknowledge MJ as the GOAT (in the Jordan vs. LeFraud debate) and promise to never again defend LeFraud in any future MJ debates as you admit he's not a pimple on Mike's keyster.

Only then will I destroy you in a Bird vs. Jokic exchange... even though I already started the destruction above.

:bird:
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Tue May 07, 2024 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Why does TDK approach every post on this board like its the last rap battle in Eight Mile?

To anyone on the board, if I ever start doing that, you absolutely have permission to kill me.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Robceltsfan wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:26 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:16 am
Greatness doesn't mean a bunch of 60+ win teams. That's what happens in a top-heavy, low-parity league. That's what the expansion 90's were.
IMO all four teams in the west could win the title, only the Celtics in the east.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Bird won 5 MVP's? :noidea:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Robceltsfan wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:49 am Bird won 5 MVP's? :noidea:
He's drunk. At 10:30 in the morning.

Sad scene.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Edwards averaging 39.7 points his last 3 games, and the Wolves defense was absolutely lock down D last night. Murray & Porter disappeared and the Wolves have plenty of size to contend with the Nuggets across the board.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Yes... 3 regular season and 2 Finals.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:51 am
He's drunk. At 10:30 in the morning.

Sad scene.
Obviously I'm talking "total", bush league... :roll: ... imagine a drunk slapping the stupid out of you this early in the morning.

:slapping:

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:11 am
Then why'd you only say 2 MVP's for Joker?

Nevermind....I see that you edited. You got called out for your attempted lie. :suds:
Last edited by Robceltsfan on Tue May 07, 2024 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

~George Carlin~
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

AlaskaHawks wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:54 am Edwards averaging 39.7 points his last 3 games, and the Wolves defense was absolutely lock down D last night. Murray & Porter disappeared and the Wolves have plenty of size to contend with the Nuggets across the board.
The size seemed to really bother Denver yesterday. Minnesota has guys who can bang with Joker and make his life difficult. And the refs were flat out letting all of the physical play go yesterday. Murray and Porter have to be red hot or this series is going to be done in 4. I think after the first game of the series Denver had some doubts creeping in about being able to match up with Minnesota. Game 2 made it clear Minnesota is a problem.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Robceltsfan wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:16 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:11 am
Then why'd you only say 2 MVP's for Joker?

Nevermind....I see that you edited. You got called out for your attempted lie. :suds:
Forgot about his Finals MVP last year... besides, the "5 MVP's"for Bird should have given it away that I was talking Total... or are you and bush-league really dumb enough to think that I thought Bird had 5 regular season MVP's?

:L

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:19 am or are you and bush-league really dumb enough to think that I thought Bird had 5 regular season MVP's?
Yes.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

manchild98 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:17 am
AlaskaHawks wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:54 am Edwards averaging 39.7 points his last 3 games, and the Wolves defense was absolutely lock down D last night. Murray & Porter disappeared and the Wolves have plenty of size to contend with the Nuggets across the board.
The size seemed to really bother Denver yesterday. Minnesota has guys who can bang with Joker and make his life difficult. And the refs were flat out letting all of the physical play go yesterday. Murray and Porter have to be red hot or this series is going to be done in 4. I think after the first game of the series Denver had some doubts creeping in about being able to match up with Minnesota. Game 2 made it clear Minnesota is a problem.
In other words last night gave us a glimpse of what Joker (the heralded "best player in the game" in today's supposed "vastly superior NBA") would look like if he played in the 80's-00's...

:pimp:

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:20 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:19 am or are you and bush-league really dumb enough to think that I thought Bird had 5 regular season MVP's?
Yes.
Then you guys are pretty dumb... I understand now.