Post by elartman1973 »

Smh
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: It's happening!

Post by kobeunderbite »

elartman1973 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:03 amSmh

This is a BIG deal, fat man. The Switch is the most successful console in modern history, everyone will be watching Nintendo's next moves closely.
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

:L
My RAPTURE LETTER to Angergeneral: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129641&p=1841888
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

It's always cute to see people who criticize gaming that are losers that spend their time consuming some of the most inane content out there like television and social media
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

xer0 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:09 am It's always cute to see people who criticize gaming that are losers that spend their time consuming some of the most inane content out there like television and social media
Games have brought family and friends together for years. While social media is tearing family and friends apart.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

xer0 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:09 am It's always cute to see people who criticize gaming that are losers that spend their time consuming some of the most inane content out there like television and social media

What do you think Nintendo has in store for Direct if they aren't talking about the Switch Successor? Awful time to release a game so maybe it will be more HD remasters like Windwaker or Twilight Princess. I think they also announce a Switch price cut either immediately or for the Holiday season to help them make one last push and take the all-time record from PS2.

Launch titles for the new Switch need to be a new 3D Mario and Metroid Prime.
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

Da Stars. wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:18 pm
Games have brought family and friends together for years. While social media is tearing family and friends apart.
Totally agree, but I don't necessarily think social media itself is bad, there is Alot of good about it, but the way people use it makes it overall bad to consume too much of, which these indulgences are the big reason why it's impact on society has been largely negative.
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

kobeunderbite wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:21 pm

What do you think Nintendo has in store for Direct if they aren't talking about the Switch Successor? Awful time to release a game so maybe it will be more HD remasters like Windwaker or Twilight Princess. I think they also announce a Switch price cut either immediately or for the Holiday season to help them make one last push and take the all-time record from PS2.

It's a good question, I don't know what Nintendo has up their sleeve. I personally got off the bandwagon around the N64 era and hopped onto the Sony bandwagon because I love JRPG's and Sony took all of the dev support from Nintendo at that time. If I were a Nintendo fan, outside of anncouncement about a new console or handheld of some sort, i'd be disappointed, especially since some more modern games are running terribly with bad framerates due to the switch and it's low specs. They really need to make a console on par with PS5 soon or sales will die out soon, especially with all of the switch 2 rumors.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

xer0 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:16 pm
kobeunderbite wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:21 pm

It's a good question, I don't know what Nintendo has up their sleeve. I personally got off the bandwagon around the N64 era and hopped onto the Sony bandwagon because I love JRPG's and Sony took all of the dev support from Nintendo at that time. If I were a Nintendo fan, outside of anncouncement about a new console or handheld of some sort, i'd be disappointed, especially since some more modern games are running terribly with bad framerates due to the switch and it's low specs. They really need to make a console on par with PS5 soon or sales will die out soon, especially with all of the switch 2 rumors.

Ultimately it's just not the hardware that has put the Switch on track to be the best selling console in history, it's the universal appeal of titles like Smash and Mario Kart. I'm sure the Switch successor will get a nice specs bump but for example I'd be surprised if it could even run GTA 6 day one, it's just not what Nintendo is about and the hardware is certainly not what made games like Breath of the Wild and Odyssey so special.

With that being said it is annoying, and I'd prefer a more powerful console but I understand it from a business perspective.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

This is insane. The comeback from the 3DS/Wii U era is legendary. In the end, Nintendo won and was correct to worry only about making great games and not maxing out specs. Microsoft probably won't have a next gen console and Sony is trending that way too given they sell their hardware for a loss. In 10-15 years from now the only hardware left will be the Switch successors, PC and Steam Deck.