I hear this Anthony Edwards kid is a lot like Jordan...

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

I hear this Anthony Edwards kid is a lot like Jordan...

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Supposedly his athleticism, hops, mid-range/post game, aggressive Defense, and "killer" mentality has fans comparing Anthony Edwards to the GOAT Michael Jordan.

Of course he's only been in the league 4 years, so I have yet to see him play (due to my boycott of the NBA)... so what's the word? Is this kid really the shit like that, or is the MJ comparison way out of line?

:noidea:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Re: I hear this Anthony Edwards kid is a lot like Jordan...

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

he has the skill package but time will tell. he has better handles and a better 3 point shot than Jordan. as for killer instinct, health and accomplishments, we are yet to see.
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

He’s already better than MJ ever was.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Not sure if Ant's gonna get sent home year after year after year by the same couple teams until a legit top 75 ATG talent joins him to help alleviate any ineptitude, but we'll see.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Post by Uncontroversial »

he's in the 2nd round without a top 50 all time teammate, so he's already surpassed MJ

He's also 1-0 against the defending champs in the second round
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

AtiliusRegulus wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:08 pm he has the skill package but time will tell. he has better handles and a better 3 point shot than Jordan. as for killer instinct, health and accomplishments, we are yet to see.
Edwards averages 7.4 long-range shots a game at a (below-average) 35% clip for his career, so yeah, that doesn't seem very Jordan-esque to me... plus I'm not sure I'd say Edwards is better, given Jordan only missed 1 long-range shot per game on average while Edwards misses close to 5 a game, but regardless...

They say he's got a great mid-range and post game too (Like Mike), and he's very aggressive on Defense (Like Mike)... all 3 of which are rare these days.

Gonna have to check out some more clips on this guy.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

zombiesonics wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:09 pm He’s already better than LeBron ever was.
Seems obvious, but this thread is talking about Edwards and the GOAT Jordan, not LeFraud.

Pay attention, will you.

:L

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Uncontroversial wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:20 pm he's in the 2nd round without a top 50 all time teammate, so he's already surpassed MJ

He's also 1-0 against the defending champs in the second round
Jordan advanced to the second-round in his 4th year as well, fool... with the second-best player on the Bulls that year averaging a whopping 13-PPG.

:L :L :L

Remind us again who Edwards has as teammates?

:asskicking:

Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

The kid looks good. Let's see how this post season works out.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Did you know?

Michael Jordan, in 5 seasons without Scottie Pippen, never led his team to a winning record?

WoW!!!
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:24 pm
AtiliusRegulus wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:08 pm he has the skill package but time will tell. he has better handles and a better 3 point shot than Jordan. as for killer instinct, health and accomplishments, we are yet to see.
Edwards averages 7.4 long-range shots a game at a (below-average) 35% clip for his career, so yeah, that doesn't seem very Jordan-esque to me... plus I'm not sure I'd say Edwards is better, given Jordan only missed 1 long-range shot per game on average while Edwards misses close to 5 a game, but regardless...

They say he's got a great mid-range and post game too (Like Mike), and he's very aggressive on Defense (Like Mike)... all 3 of which are rare these days.

He's been 36% and a bit since his rookie year from beyond the arc, on high volume. He's a WAY better 3 point shooter than MJ in that context, especially when you take out the shortened 3 point line years. But you already knew that.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

How many nba players today are not better than Jordan shooting the 3. Kids start chucking up the 3 in grade school.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Anthony Edwards on MJ comparisons: “I want it to stop. He's the greatest of all time. I can't be compared to him."

Good kid who knows who the true GOAT is. Hope he has long and sustained success.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Titan18 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:33 pm Anthony Edwards on MJ comparisons: “I want it to stop. He's the greatest of all time. I can't be compared to him."

Good kid who knows who the true GOAT is. Hope he has long and sustained success.
Plus he's humble. We are blessed.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Edwards isn't like Jordan, since he doesn't require a top 30 all-time player on roster to win a playoff series.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 3:24 pm

He's been 36% and a bit since his rookie year from beyond the arc, on high volume. He's a WAY better 3 point shooter than MJ in that context, especially when you take out the shortened 3 point line years. But you already knew that.
1990: 3.0 attempts at .376%... waaaaay above the .331% league-average
1993: 2.9 attempts at .352%... above .336% league-average
1995: 1.9 attempts at .500%... again, waaaaaaaaaay above the .359% league-average
1996: 3.2 attempts at .427%... again, waaaaaaaaaay above the .367% league-average
1997: 3.6 attampts at .374%... again, above the .360% league average

Shortened line OR not (ie; 90 and 93) when Jordan took 2 or more long-range shots per game he was always above-average-to-great, relative to his peers.

Fact!

Over his career Jordan attempted "only" 1.7 long-range shots per game... and his .327% career average overall was average.

Edwards has shot below-average-to-average every year of his career.

...and here's a newsflash: You actually get BETTER when you practice more; thus, the more 3-pointers Jordan took the BETTER he shot. Hence, it stands to reason if he attempted 5 or more a game his percentage would increase accordingly as well... unless you think practicing more makes you worse?

Next.
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Mon May 06, 2024 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Titan18 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:33 pm Anthony Edwards on MJ comparisons: “I want it to stop. He's the greatest of all time. I can't be compared to him."

You should quote the next part of the video when they asked him if Jordan could guard him...and he emphatically said HELL NAWWWWWW!
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:37 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 3:24 pm

1990: 3.0 attempts at .376%... waaaaay above the .331% league-average
1993: 2.9 attempts at .352%... above .336% league-average
1995: 1.9 attempts at .500%... again, waaaaaaaaaay above the .359% league-average
1996: 3.2 attempts at .427%... again, waaaaaaaaaay above the .367% league-average
1997: 3.6 attampts at .374%... again, above the .360% league average

Shortened line OR not (ie; 90 and 93) when Jordan took 2 or more long-range shots per game he was always above-average-to-great, relative to his peers.

Fact!

Over his career Jordan attempted "only" 1.7 long-range shots per game... and his .327% career average overall was average.

Edwards has shot average to BELOW league-average every year of his career.

...and here's a newsflash: You actually get BETTER when you practice more; thus, the more 3-pointers Jordan took the BETTER he shot. Hence, it stands to reason if he attempted 5 or more a game his percentage would increase accordingly as well... unless you think practicing more makes you worse?

Next.
So we can pretend MJ was better at something, but players from prior eras are stuck in a time machine and aren't better?

No. He was a mediocre 3 point shooter and Edwards is a far better 3 point shooter. Period.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Jordan literally had two three-point shooting seasons at the regular line where he was + league-average.

Edwards *already* has two (2022 and 2023). LMAO!!
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Robceltsfan wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 3:18 pm Did you know?

Michael Jordan, in 5 seasons without Scottie Pippen, never led his team to a winning record?

WoW!!!
Jordan only played 4 full seasons withOut Pippen, and two of them came with the 19-win Wizards he inherited as a old man, after he was retired for 3 years... in 85-86 he only played in 18 games, and the Bulls wer 9-9 in those game (vs. 21-43 without the GOAT).

PS: Did you know LeFraud withOut a minimum of at least 2 prime HOFERS around him never sniffed a Championship? Did you also know that LeFraud had five (5) future HOFERS around him a few years ago and he didn't even make the playoffs (lolol)... and did you also know LeFraud lost to LOWER seeds many times (including Dirk and 11 role-players in the Finals, when James was flanked by two -2- HOFERS in their primes)?

WoW... !!! WoW... !!! WoW... !!!

:sadbron:
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Mon May 06, 2024 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.