Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: Michael Jordan shooting splits over his last 15 NBA Finals games

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:59 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:57 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:45 pm

Suggesting TS% isn't an EXTREMELY valuable tool, and much better than raw shooting % is confirmation that you are a complete moron.
Translation: Grizz is stupid enough to believe TS% is credible when it suggests that guys like Jordan, Pierce, Magic, LeBron James (!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ) AND 150 other players throughout history are/were better "shooters" than Larry Bird.

You really need to sit this one out too, meatball.

:L
It says no such thing you freaking idiot. In the same way that regular shooting percentage says no such thing. If that were the case, there is a helluva lot more than 150 players throughout history that are better "shooters" than Bird. Probably more like 600-700 ya retard.
It seems you should be trying to convince your boy-friend bush of the flaws with TS%, meatball... he's the one who used it to claim that Jordan didn't shoot well.

I simply followed up his claim by bringing up the fact that LeFraud, Magic, Pierce, MJ, etc all have BETTER TS% than one of the greatest shooters ever... therefore it must be a FLAWED stat.

You can't have it both ways meatball. You can't use it as gospel to put Jordan down, then change the goal posts when we're talking about Bird.

Told you to sit this out. Clearly you're emotions are causing you to not think straight.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Thu May 02, 2024 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:04 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:50 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:48 pm Jordan ("not that well" of a shooter per bush-league) = .568% TS%
Bird (regarded as one of the greatest "shooters" ever) = .564 TS%

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell us again why you continue to use a TS% as gospel when I just proved it's a completely worthless *fake* stat?

:slapping:
It sure as hell is a better indicator than shooting percentage.
NOT when it suggests LeBron James is a better "shooter" than Larry Bird, moron.

Well, his shooting percentage suggests he is an even BETTER shooter than Bird than the advantage in total shooting percentage ya freaking retard. That's what you can't get through your thick melon. It is by far superior a stat than plain vanilla shooting percentage is separating players.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:15 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:59 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:57 pm

Translation: Grizz is stupid enough to believe TS% is credible when it suggests that guys like Jordan, Pierce, Magic, LeBron James (!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ) AND 150 other players throughout history are/were better "shooters" than Larry Bird.

You really need to sit this one out too, meatball.

It says no such thing you freaking idiot. In the same way that regular shooting percentage says no such thing. If that were the case, there is a helluva lot more than 150 players throughout history that are better "shooters" than Bird. Probably more like 600-700 ya retard.
It seems you should be trying to convince your boy-friend bush of the flaws with TS%, meatball... he's the one who used it to claim that Jordan didn't shoot well.

I simply followed up his claim by bringing up the fact that LeFraud, Magic, Pierce, MJ, etc all have BETTER TS% than one of the greatest shooters ever... therefore it must be a FLAWED stat.

You can't have it both ways meatball. You can't use it as gospel to put Jordan down, then change the goal posts when we're talking about Bird.

Told you to sit this out. Clearly you're emotions are causing you to not think straight.
Repeating the same nonsense over and over again TDK. And you aren't trolling. You're just stupid. Is Shaq a better "shooter" than MJ. If you look at just shooting percentage, he's MILES better. Not even in the area code. But when you look at total shooting percentage, the difference is pretty negligible because that stat smooths out the flaws of just basic shooting percentage. It's not complicated if you aren't a moron.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:08 pm
He is on threes in the playoffs.

The guy you claim is a bricklayer literally had a higher three point percentage than Bird (your instinctive standard for great shooting-shooting) in the playoffs.
Career TS%
LeFraud: .589%
Legend: .564%

Hey... look here: Klay Thompson: .573%

"LeFraud is a better "shooter" than Bird and Klay, according to TS%"
Signed,
Bush and Grizz

:booker: :booker: :booker: :booker:

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Bird was a great shooter-shooter who took a lot of inefficient midrange/long twos, and didn't get an abnormal amount of close premium twos. He led with 3s and FTs almost exclusively in terms of upping his efficiency.

Jordan was an okay shooter-shooter who took a lot of inefficient midrange/long twos, and for most of his career, got an abnormal amount of close premium twos. He led mostly with premium twos at rim, with good FT shooting chipping in, in terms of upping efficiency.

Lebron is an okay shooter-shooter who took comparatively few inefficient midrange/long twos, and for his entire career, got an abnormal amount of close premium twos. He's led almost exclusively with premium twos at rim (more than Jordan), in terms of upping efficiency.

Not difficult to understand. Shooting-shooting ability doesn't have a perfect correlation to efficiency.

Of course, that's true for raw shooting percentage as well, unless TDK believes Artis Gilmore and Mark West were flamethrowers from outside.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:24 pm

The guy you claim is a bricklayer literally had a higher three point percentage than Bird (your instinctive standard for great shooting-shooting) in the playoffs.
Career TS%

Signed,
Bush-league and Grizz

Now you're just getting boring. I've explained to you in at least 4-5 posts now, that is superior to just "shooting" percentage and why that is and it makes it far more valuable. Your reliance on raw stats that are MUCH MORE LIMITED in value states that LeBron is even more superior as a "shooter" than TS%. TS% penalizes LeBron for being less efficient at the line and from distance than those guys, and that is partly why it is more valuable, dummy.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Career TS%
Yes, dummy. Because of his goofy-level advantage in terms of quantity of premium at-rim twos.

The most efficient shot in basketball will ALWAYS be a dunk or easy layup.

100 dunks = 200 points.
100 threes at a 50 percent clip = 150 points.

Where the hell do you think the advantage comes from? FTs? Threes?
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:27 pm Bird was a great shooter-shooter who took a lot of inefficient midrange/long twos, and didn't get an abnormal amount of close premium twos. He led with 3s and FTs almost exclusively in terms of upping his efficiency.

Jordan was an okay shooter-shooter who took a lot of inefficient midrange/long twos, and for most of his career, got an abnormal amount of close premium twos. He led mostly with premium twos at rim, with good FT shooting chipping in, in terms of upping efficiency.

Lebron is an okay shooter-shooter who took comparatively few inefficient midrange/long twos, and for his entire career, got an abnormal amount of close premium twos. He's led almost exclusively with premium twos at rim (more than Jordan), in terms of upping efficiency.

Not difficult to understand. Shooting-shooting ability doesn't have a perfect correlation to efficiency.

Of course, that's true for raw shooting percentage as well, unless TDK believes Artis Gilmore and Mark West were flamethrowers from outside.
^^^ This. I don't know how often this can be repeated with The Drunken Retard not understanding. We measure shooting percentage and Total shooting percentage as measures of efficiency, which is ultimately where the rubber meets the road. One (TS%) is just the superior stat in measuring that.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:28 pm

Career TS%

Signed,
Bush-league and Grizz

Now you're just getting boring. I've explained to you in at least 4-5 posts now, that is superior to just "shooting" percentage and why that is and it makes it far more valuable. Your reliance on raw stats that are MUCH MORE LIMITED in value states that LeBron is even more superior as a "shooter" than TS%. TS% penalizes LeBron for being less efficient at the line and from distance than those guys, and that is partly why it is more valuable, dummy.
Any "stat" that suggests a player who shoots 38% from beyond 3-feet from the basket (LeFraud) is a better shooter than Larry Bird and Klay Thompson is completely worthless.

It's really just that simple.

Next...

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:56 pm

Career TS%

Signed,
Bush-league and Grizz

Any "stat" that suggests a player who shoots 38% from beyond 3-feet from the basket (LeFraud) is a better shooter than Larry Bird and Klay Thompson is completely worthless.

It's really just that simply.

Next...
Ok. You simply can't admit when you are wrong. That is a very bad flaw by the way TDK, but you are in very good company.

If you look at just shooting percentage, LeBron is a much better shooter than Bird or Klay. It isn't even remotely close. LeBron gets penalized because he's pretty much average at 3s and from the line while those guys are better.

You like raw stats. So using raw stats, LeBron is one of the best shooters in history (who took a high volume of shots). So there you have it, LeBron is one of the greatest shooters of all time!
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:27 pm Of course, that's true for raw shooting percentage as well, unless TDK believes Artis Gilmore and Mark West were flamethrowers from outside.
Jordan didn't "shoot that well" because his TS% on the Bulls was = league average in 2024.

YOU said that bush-league. Thus, YOU implied that TS% measure good or bad "shooting".

Now, after TDK exposed your idiocy, you want to clarify your drivel in an effort to try and save face.

Not gonna work.

TS% is a worthless stat IF you're going to use it in the manner that YOU did regarding Jordan.

Round 5 to TDK in dramatic beat-down fashion!

Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Thu May 02, 2024 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:03 pm
Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:27 pm Of course, that's true for raw shooting percentage as well, unless TDK believes Artis Gilmore and Mark West were flamethrowers from outside.
Jordan didn't "shoot that well" because his TS% on the Bulls was = league average in 2024.

YOU said that bush-league. Thus, YOU implied that TS% measure good or bad "shooting".

Now, after TDK exposed your idiocy, you want to clarify your drivel in an effort to try and save face.

Not gonna work.

TS% is a worthless stat IF you're going to use it in the manner that YOU did regarding Jordan.

Round 5 to TDK in dramatice beat-down fashion!

Dude, you've gotten smoked the entire day. You don't understand a stat so you belittle it in favor of a stat that is truly extremely limited. Bush exposes you. I expose you. You're just incapable of admitting you are full of shit.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Not gonna work.

Yes, shoot as in "shooting percentage", hence the references to shooting percentage and not empty gym shooting or three-point competitions, etc...
Spoiler:
Drunk
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:05 pm

Not gonna work.

Dude, you've gotten smoked the entire day. You don't understand a stat so you belittle it in favor of a stat that is truly extremely limited. Bush exposes you. I expose you. You're just incapable of admitting you are full of shit.
Just so I can get edicated here. If i shot 1000 times between free throws,3pa's and two point shots. And my total points scored is 1000 my TS% would be 1.00.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Da Stars. wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:10 pm Just so I can get edicated here. If i shot 1000 times between free throws,3pa's and two point shots. And my total points scored is 1000 my TS% would be 1.00.
You can use this calculator here:

https://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/ ... _calc.html
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:14 pm
Da Stars. wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:10 pm Just so I can get edicated here. If i shot 1000 times between free throws,3pa's and two point shots. And my total points scored is 1000 my TS% would be 1.00.
You can use this calculator here:

https://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/ ... _calc.html
Thanks.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:59 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:56 pm

It's really just that simply.

Next...
Ok. You simply can't admit when you are wrong. That is a very bad flaw by the way TDK, but you are in very good company.

If you look at just shooting percentage, LeBron is a much better shooter than Bird or Klay. It isn't even remotely close. LeBron gets penalized because he's pretty much average at 3s and from the line while those guys are better.

You like raw stats. So using raw stats, LeBron is one of the best shooters in history (who took a high volume of shots). So there you have it, LeBron is one of the greatest shooters of all time!
Not, I'm not wrong.

Your boy bush-league equated TS% with good/bad "shooting", with no regard to context/perspective. I simply followed his lead to show that TS% is woefully flawed because it also shows LeFraud ahead of Bird and Klay... and only a complete idiot would suggest that James is a better "shooter" than those two.

So you're barking up the wrong tree, meatball. You should be riding your boy for not being more clear.

:pimp:

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:05 pm

Not gonna work.

I understand it perfectly meatball. What I'm doing is trolling/mocking you and bush (see my last post).

:asskicking:

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

It's kind of crazy a guy who claimed to have been a basketball megastar in high school doesn't understand how pure shooting ability often fails to correlate with actual shooting/scoring efficiency because of athletic ability, role on team, shot quantity, etc...

Jumps from high school to college and college to pros are *littered* with players (usually White ones) who are great empty gym shooters but modestly efficient shooting/scorers at the next level, usually related to lack of athletic ability making shots more difficult and lower quality.