Best player to never make an all star game?

Talk about anything here.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Re: Best player to never make an all star game?

Post by elmerjfudd »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:36 pm
wailuaFC wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:15 pm
PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:38 pm
Wut
Posts like that make it obvious most posters don’t actually watch basketball. I’m sorry the 76ers are stuck with him and that contract
He's overqualified to be a role player but underqualified to be a third option.

I just keep imagining what if all his minutes and shots were from Paul George.
40 million right now and he has given us 0 points so far. 3 rebounds and 3 assist.

The team tries to get him involved in the game early in the hopes that he can go off and has only managed to have 1 solid game. Even at his best he's never made an impact.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

elmerjfudd wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:55 pm
PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:36 pm
wailuaFC wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:15 pm
Posts like that make it obvious most posters don’t actually watch basketball. I’m sorry the 76ers are stuck with him and that contract
He's overqualified to be a role player but underqualified to be a third option.

I just keep imagining what if all his minutes and shots were from Paul George.
40 million right now and he has given us 0 points so far. 3 rebounds and 3 assist.

The team tries to get him involved in the game early in the hopes that he can go off and has only managed to have 1 solid game. Even at his best he's never made an impact.
I’ve heard the term Mendoza line and I think that’s exactly where Tobias sits. He’s not a bad player, but he actively hurts the team because he’s not so bad that the sixers feel the need to improve the position, as well as no other team wants him at the price point
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Tobias Harris ended the game with 0 points on 2 total shots.

He'll be gone this off-season.
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

He's a good player, just bc he's not working out in Philly doesn't discount what he's done with the rest of his career.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

xer0 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:56 am He's a good player, just bc he's not working out in Philly doesn't discount what he's done with the rest of his career.
Why don't you just admit you made a stupid call. He's a serviceable player. Nobody disputes that. But he's not an all-star.

You openly admit you don't watch the NBA, so why try to express an opinion that can only be right by coincidence.
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:06 am
xer0 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:56 am He's a good player, just bc he's not working out in Philly doesn't discount what he's done with the rest of his career.
Why don't you just admit you made a stupid call. He's a serviceable player. Nobody disputes that. But he's not an all-star.

You openly admit you don't watch the NBA, so why try to express an opinion that can only be right by coincidence.
I'm not admitting shit, I stand by what I said. If you don't like what I said go whine someplace else. I don't watch the NBA anymore that is true, but I watched a fair amount of him play from years past, this thread is about good players that haven't made an all star team in their CAREER, in the case of Harris it's not a small sample, he's been in the league since 2011. Career 16 ppg on 48%, versatile player.
Just because I have opinions that you don't like doesn't make them wrong, get over yourself.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

How you gonna start a playoff game, play 29 minutes, and score 0 points on just 2 shots.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

To-bi-is-ass Harris.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

xer0 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:56 pm

I'm not admitting shit, I stand by what I said. If you don't like what I said go whine someplace else. I don't watch the NBA anymore that is true, but I watched a fair amount of him play from years past, this thread is about good players that haven't made an all star team in their CAREER, in the case of Harris it's not a small sample, he's been in the league since 2011. Career 16 ppg on 48%, versatile player.
Just because I have opinions that you don't like doesn't make them wrong, get over yourself.
About what I expected. Defensive idiot with no answer. Why don't you get over yourself and admit you made a dumb call. Not nearly as dumb as your take on Russell, but still pretty dumb.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

Alex_Murphy wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:05 pm To-bi-is-ass Harris.
I like this

I'm calling Tobias a plant, just like colangelo. I know he was traded under brand, but it was still colangelo's cronies. Everyone knew the trade was horrible at the time and when we were signing him we were basically competing with ourselves and gave him a horrible contract. Always was consistent vs the average to below average teams. Versus teams that could challenge us, he was nowhere to be found and that was with his daddy doc. As a player he was never a problem (until this year) but he was never a solution, and that's a problem given his contract. I'm glad to be rid of him, especially after this performance and just a side note in his tenure here he had 0 charges taken. Kyle Lowry in his 1st game as a 6er managed to pass him.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Mike Conley.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:15 pm

About what I expected. Defensive idiot with no answer. Why don't you get over yourself and admit you made a dumb call. Not nearly as dumb as your take on Russell, but still pretty dumb.
Again, I stand by what I said in regards to Harris and Russel as well, not my problem that my takes give you an aching ass, that's your problem little man.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

xer0 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:38 pm

Again, I stand by what I said in regards to Harris and Russel as well, not my problem that my takes give you an aching ass, that's your problem little man.
Pride before the fall. You're a moron, which is fine. There's tons of those walking around. But combined with thinking you're a smart guy and being intransigent, a pretty lousy trifecta.
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:55 pm

Pride before the fall. You're a moron, which is fine. There's tons of those walking around. But combined with thinking you're a smart guy and being intransigent, a pretty lousy trifecta.
Last time I'm gonna say this, I don't give a flying hairy rats ass what you think about me or anything else for that matter, I stand by what I said on Harris and Russel, get mad and call me names if you want but it makes no difference.

I also noticed you like to throw around ad hominems as if it strengthens your position but it does not, try taking heed of your own advice and start looking in the mirror, you're an arrogant little cretin with a boorish attitude who gets butthurt when you don't like what someone else has to say, that's a you problem. Be better.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

xer0 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:01 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:55 pm

Last time I'm gonna say this, I don't give a flying hairy rats ass what you think about me or anything else for that matter, I stand by what I said on Harris and Russel, get mad and call me names if you want but it makes no difference.

I also noticed you like to throw around ad hominems as if it strengthens your position but it does not, try taking heed of your own advice and start looking in the mirror, you're an arrogant little cretin with a boorish attitude who gets butthurt when you don't like what someone else has to say, that's a you problem. Be better.
I don't suffer fools well. You're a fool. What's worse, you're intransigent and you see the world in black and white when it is almost exclusively in shades of grey. You make bombastic statements as if they are gospel and then won't justify your opinion when challenged. That's a small man.

Your comments on Russell are classic examples. He's a poor version of Ben Wallace you stated, and then doubled down on. Bill Russell won 5 MVPs when the players voted on them, and never finished worse than 4th in his career, in his final season. The only exception was his rookie year when he missed a huge chunk of games to lead team USA to gold in the Melbourne Olympics. Those MVPs were against the likes of Wilt, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Bob Petit and so on. He won 2 NCAA championships and 11 rings, but he's beneath Ben Wallace? If you say something really stupid like that, doubling down makes you look weak, not strong.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

If I were Phuture or Fudd, I would be quite ticked at Tobias Harris ATM.

I might even be miffed, if you will