Overall another very good season for the Lakers

Talk about anything here.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Re: Overall another very good season for the Lakers

Post by Titan18 »

Can’t wait for Queen Lames to follow Bronny to whatever team uses their 2nd round pick on him in 2025 so I can go back to loving my Lakers.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Lakers losing a big plus for some on the board. Magic losing would a big plus for everyone on the board besides some guy with almost a million posts.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:32 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:29 am Autism
Control your autism, big guy.
The sign of a coward is to deflect, and then inject irrelevant insults or criticisms to try and take focus off the point/s made that led to said deflection.

Be better, big guy.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:51 am autism
You didn't follow my advice.

:(
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:48 am The Lakers had a better record against both the East and West than the Magic did this year, and won a championship.

How the hell can you argue they did anything less than better this year compared to the Magic?

lmao
Magic are the better team and would sweep the lakers....and have a 3-1 record vs the Nuggets the past 2 seasons...unlike the lakers.
Also. Magic blew the lakers the fuck out last time they played. Despite Magic missing most the team
Lolol at you taking that lakers roster over the magics roster going forward

You're as inept as it gets
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

elartman1973 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:01 am
Magic are the better team and would sweep the lakers....and have a 3-1 record vs the Nuggets the past 2 seasons...unlike the lakers.
If they had a better team (today), they would have a better record against common opponents.

It's not much more complicated than that.

The Lakers had a better record against both the West and East.

Do they have a brighter future? I mean...maybe, but L.A is operating close to an all-time low level by their standards (minus the pre-Lebron years I guess), while the Magic are operating close to an all-time high level (minus the best Shaq years).

Whatever advantage you might have will be swallowed up in a year or two at the very best, since Orlando is a dump.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:52 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:51 am autism
You didn't follow my advice.

:(
Stop talking out of your keyster, bush-league. Fact of the matter is this series was VERY winnable for the Lakers... double-digit leads in the first 3 games, led in the series 75% of the time, 3 games decided on last-second shots, etc.

Yes, the Lakers absolutely had the "horses" to win every game. Where they fell short was a) an inability to close out the Nuggets (when they had said double digit leads in the first 3 games), and b) failure to out-execute Denver in clutch moments... and that's when LeGOAT (lololol) should have taken over (like Joker and Murray did for Denver, and like Jordan would have most certainly done).

LeFraud, as he usual does, wilted like a weed (after a dog pisses on it) and then blamed the refs, his teammates, his coach and injuries.

:L :L :L

You call that autism. I call it fact.

Now run along.

:sadbron:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:11 am
Stop talking out of your keyster, bush-league. Fact of the matter is this series was VERY winnable for the Lakers..
Because both Lebron and AD played well (above their baseline) in the first place, dummy.

They simply got little from the others (the same group you said have six or seven guys who could erupt for 30 any given night, mind...interesting how that didn't happen once eh?), and Denver responded to most every challenge along the way, with superior talent/leading players.

Lebron had an average game score of 24.9 over the course of the series.

Jordan in 1992 in the Finals had an average game score of 25.8
In 1996, 18.5
In 1997, 23.4
In 1998, 21.4

He literally played near or better than Jordan did in a majority of his NBA Finals, LMAO!
Last edited by Bush4Ever. on Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

:skip:1
Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:05 am
elartman1973 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:01 am
If they had a better team (today), they would have a better record against common opponents.

It's not much more complicated than that.

The Lakers had a better record against both the West and East.

Do they have a brighter future? I mean...maybe, but L.A is operating close to an all-time low level by their standards (minus the pre-Lebron years I guess), while the Magic are operating close to an all-time high level (minus the best Shaq years).

Whatever advantage you might have will be swallowed up in a year or two at the very best, since Orlando is a dump.
No stupid fuck.
If half the team wasn't out for 2 months they would have 55 wins easily including against all those teams you are DESPERATLY trying to act are a factor during regular season.
Magic have by far the better team, and future and it's not a 2 year thing..your nba IQ is so incredibly low and you're so clearly triggered and failing miserably in your weak attempt to discredit the magics super duped young team.

Lakers have no future.
And are trash
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

elartman1973 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:19 am autism
Making it to the Finals in the East is the rough equivalent of winning the first round in the West.

Just humble yourself a bit....you were proven wrong by the board and me AGAIN this year, for the 11th or so year in a row.

It might just be time to admit you can't be objective about anything related to Orlando.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

kobeunderbite wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:02 am
AtiliusRegulus wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:32 am :stephena: :susp:
kobeunderbite wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:42 am In season tournament champions, top-3 record after February 1 and played the eventual champions extremely close again. Lakers with some minor personnel changes and a new coach are on the cusp of yet another championship.
Two consecutive years of playin tournaments aka struggling to make the playoffs

At least I can say that my Heat had a horrible season and did not improve one bit from last year.

The margins in the Nuggets series have been extremely thin. The Lakers are not far off. A trade and a new coach will put this team on the doorstep of the title.
They were the 7th seed and loss 4-1.
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:17 am
Stop talking out of your keyster, bush-league. Fact of the matter is this series was VERY winnable for the Lakers..
Because both Lebron and AD played very well (above their baseline) in the first place, dummy.

They simply got little from the others (the same group you said have six or seven guys who could erupt for 30 any given night, mind...interesting how that didn't happen once eh?), and Denver responded to most every challenge along the way, with superior talent/leading players.

In 1996, 18.5
In 1997, 23.4
In 1998, 21.4

He literally played near or better than Jordan did in a majority of his NBA Finals, LMAO!
Counterfactual. First let's stipulate the Lakers lost to a better team. Now the counterfectual. How does the series play out with 2014 LeBron?
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Sudanese Sensation wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:28 am Counterfactual. First let's stipulate the Lakers lost to a better team. Now the counterfectual. How does the series play out with 2014 LeBron?
The Lakers on average over the entire series lost by about two points a game (including their win), and lost by a bucket in two different games...clearly prime or near-prime Lebron makes up that difference compared to his modern version to some degree.

Gun-to-head, I might still take Denver, but it would have gone right to the very end and been a "who makes or misses at the right time" type series.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:17 am
Because both Lebron and AD played very well (above their baseline) in the first place, dummy.

In 1996, 18.5
In 1997, 23.4
In 1998, 21.4

LeFraud's numbers for the series were only slightly better than his regular season totals, sherlock... and here's a newsflash: "Stats" don't tell the entire story. If you knew the game as well as you pretend, you'd know this.

WINNERS (like Jordan) find a way to WIN when 3 of the games come down to last-second shots, when they lead the series 75% of the time, and when they hold double-digit leads in 3 of the 4 losses.

LOSERS (like LeBron) make excuses... the team, the refs, the coach, and injuries (even though there weren't any).

Case-close / end of story.

:L

lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

I’m good. It’s time to blow it up. Pelinka needs to get Lebron on the phone and tell him straight up they have zero interest in ever signing or drafting Bronny, even mention he flat out sucks. Let him walk away this offseason and tank 2 straight years. The biggest steals in this draft can be had in the range of picks these boys fall within if we can make a deal to land it….Devin Carter (late 1st round projection) if he gets that deep, or PJ Hall (projected 2nd rounder). Make that happen, Mitch. Wembanyama will be coming 2027 to join forces with whoever we get in the 2 lotterys prior and we’ll be back on top of the food chain without Rich Paul holding our execs by the balls.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:42 am lying and autism
I said Lebron AND AD, dummy. Learn to read and not lie.

And yes, Jordan "found" a way to win (not counting the five seasons he played without Pippen where he didn't win a single playoff series I guess), despite playing in a mediocre fashion compared to modern NBA stars...it's called "play across from competition where most players would not even make the modern NBA".

Wow...what a brain buster. Truly complicated dynamics in play there, TDK.

lmao.

Edit: Not to mention, Jordan's best game ever (G2 against the Celtics in the 1986 playoffs) literally came down to the final shot, and the Bulls lost that game LMAO!
Last edited by Bush4Ever. on Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

"The Lakers have mega talent, a legion of players who can erupt for 30 any given night"

-TDK

Actual Result:

The others shoot 40 percent, with no player breaching even 25 points even once.

Another boomer lie exposed. Ho hum.

lmao
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:47 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:42 am lying and autism
I said Lebron AND AD, dummy. Learn to read and not lie.

And yes, Jordan "found" a way to win (not counting the five seasons he played without Pippen where he didn't win a single playoff series I guess), despite playing in a mediocre fashion compared to modern NBA stars...it's called "play across from competition where most players would not even make the modern NBA".

Wow...what a brain buster. Truly complicated dynamics in play there, TDK.

lmao.

Edit: Not to mention, Jordan's best game ever (G1 against the Celtics in the 1986 playoffs) literally came down to the final shot, and the Bulls lost that game LMAO!
Bottom Line: WINNERS (like Jordan and TDK) find a way to win and LOSERS (LeBron, bush, etc.) make excuses ESPECIALLY when they led the series 75% of the time and held commanding leads in the first 3 games and STILL lost the series in 5.

Fact.

Walk it off, rookie.

PS: 86 Jordan lost to a GOAT level team with 5 HOFERS. These Nuiggets aren't even remotely close to that level.

:asskicking:

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:21 pm
Bottom Line: WINNERS (like Jordan and TDK) find a way to win
The game (G2 vs. 86 Celtics) Jordan is most famous for is literally a game that went down to the final minute twice (in regulation and OT), where Jordan choked at winning (twice).

lol

Edit: I get that you are in "can't answer the challenge, so I'll troll to distract from that fact" mode, but you shouldn't say things that are objectively and immediately refuted. That's just not good trolling lol lol lol
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:24 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:21 pm
Bottom Line: WINNERS (like Jordan and TDK) find a way to win
Irrelevant drivel
:L

Again: WINNERS (like Jordan) don't lose a series in which their team held the lead 75% of the time and had commanding leads in 3 of the 4 losses, bush-league.

Babble all you want about the GOAT Jordan, but it doesn't change the fact that LeBron is a Loser and a Fraud.

Go grab some bench, rookie.