Chiefs fans.

Talk about anything here.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Chiefs fans.

Post by Da Stars. »

The city of Kansas City Missouri has voted not to support a sales tax for revenue for both Arrowhead and Royal stadiums. If they were to move, funny as hell.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Re: Chiefs fans.

Post by Titan18 »

This happened like a month ago bruh. But I’m with the voters. People can barely afford groceries and you want to add a tax to give billionaires a new stadium.

Take out a loan like everyone else.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

Titan18 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:15 pm This happened like a month ago bruh. But I’m with the voters. People can barely afford groceries and you want to add a tax to give billionaires a new stadium.

Thanks, nephew. I was unaware of the situation.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

Titan18 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:15 pm This happened like a month ago bruh. But I’m with the voters. People can barely afford groceries and you want to add a tax to give billionaires a new stadium.

Have you been in either stadium?
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

I think every city votes these things down now. Aren't the Besrs trying to build a 5 billion dollar stadium/complex? They say it won't cost taxpayers....I think they want to tax tourists instead? But can you trust what they say?
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Da Stars. wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:20 pm

Have you been in either stadium?
I have not
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

They can't move obviously.

No chance a loyal fanbase fresh off of back to back Superbowls loses its team.

That said, I heard Dallas was a rumored city if they did move and that would be hilarious.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

manchild98 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:22 pm I think every city votes these things down now. Aren't the Besrs trying to build a 5 billion dollar stadium/complex? They say it won't cost taxpayers....I think they want to tax tourists instead? But can you trust what they say?
No you can’t trust what the Chicago government says. They are looking for like 1 billion dollar from a city that is already broke and is still paying off the failed renovations of the same stadium from 20 years ago.

What will happen is that tax money from other sources will be reallocated to the stadium and then there will be new taxes for those now underfunded services.