What are your flaws as a human being?

Talk about anything here.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Re: What are your flaws as a human being?

Post by Titan18 »

Da Stars. wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:35 am
Titan18 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:33 am I hate cats with a fiery passion. Not just in the “I don’t want to ever have a cat” kind of way but I’d prefer if every cat on this planet disappeared tomorrow and ceased to exist.

Sorry not sorry. Fuck cats
Pussy killer. Does your wife know you don't like Pussy Cats?
Yes she knows I hate Cats, the animal. When we met her parents had 6 and they grew up with a ton of them. Said at one point they had 10. I was pretty clear right away that I’ll never allow a cat into my home so if that was a deal breaker to her then it probably be best to just end it there but luckily it wasn’t.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Far less every year and faaaaaaaar less than when I was lmd or kobeunderballs age. Meaning they have yet to even discover flaws and think they have none thus don't work on them. Children
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

elartman1973 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:01 am Fat
Smell
Terrible with women
Do a lot of drugs
No social skills
Uncontrolled autism
Sweat too much
Dumb
Manual laborer
Can’t cook
Small peen
Don’t shower
Alcoholism
Insecure
Obese
Uncharismatic
Terrible taste in fashion
Coke bottle glasses
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

To follow up on Titan's cat hate, I hate people with dogs that use pee pads in the house. That shit is gross. Just train them to go outside ya lazy bum.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Nowhere near manchild level, but I wish I had been more social most of my adult life. Social connections are extremely important and I didn't realize it or enjoy them enough. I do much more now, from "couples" outings to "out with the boys" nights. Those are guys I've known for years and years from the gym and now we swap lies and fix the world's problems over a few pints about once a month or so. Just having a coffee with a friend now and again. Friends really matter.

From a student and professional point of view, I have always fought a tendency to procrastinate and I still do, but I'm better at it now. I just organize my life better so that there is more stuff done just out of habit now. I meditate every morning before I do anything and it helps start the day. I spend time every night and every morning trying to fine tune my plan for the day so that there is less time unaccounted for that I can spend just screwing around like I am now! Some of this stuff will sound "hokey" to people, but I repeat positive affirmations morning and night (different ones and I am always changing them up to fine tune versus what I feel I need more of at the time) and I spend a few minutes after I meditate in the morning trying to visualize how I want the key parts of my day to look like. None of these things are magic bullets, but they all help at the margin. Habits matter.

I was a pretty good dad when my kids were younger, but I definitely could have been better. Our relationships now are much more as "equals" and "friends" than as father/child because of their ages, but I spend a fair bit of time trying to make sure I am as good a dad now as I can be, even though that role is much more limited now.

I was not a good husband. I'll leave it at that. But I have worked very hard so that now I am a good partner to the great woman I am with. I am smart enough to know I don't want to screw that up and I have trained myself to be much better in that role than I was when I was younger.

There is a quote that has been attributed to a number of different people, but I associate with William Saffire that goes: "when you are through changing, you are through." I take that quote to heart. I want to be different in a year than how I am now and I want to continue to learn from mistakes and improve until they put me in the ground. There are few things more damning about someone than people who are so set in their ways and in their personalities that they cease to grow and change with life.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

TIL Grizz is an actual human being who can enjoy “pints with the boys”. All this time I just thought he was a cyborg who only eats once a day - metal chips and protein concentrate.

Curious, Grizz… what is your go-to brew off the tap ey?
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:05 pm Nowhere near manchild level, but I wish I had been more social most of my adult life. Social connections are extremely important and I didn't realize it or enjoy them enough. I do much more now, from "couples" outings to "out with the boys" nights. Those are guys I've known for years and years from the gym and now we swap lies and fix the worlds problems over a few pints about once a month or so. Just having a coffee with a friend now and again. Friends really matter.

From a student and professional point of view, I have always fought a tendency to procrastinate and I still do, but I'm better at it now. I just organize my life better so that there is more stuff done just out of habit now. I meditate every morning before I do anything and it helps start the day. I spend time every night and every morning trying to fine tune my plan for the day so that there is less time unaccounted for that I can spend just screwing around like I am now! Some of this stuff will sound "hokey" to people, but I repeat positive affirmations morning and night (different ones and I am always changing them up to fine tune versus what I feel I need more of at the time) and I spend a few minutes after I meditate in the morning trying to visualize how I want the key parts of my day to look like. None of these things are magic bullets, but they all help at the margin. Habits matter.

I was a pretty good dad when my kids were younger, but I definitely could have been better. Our relationships now are much more as "equals" and "friends" than as father/child because of their ages, but I spend a fair bit of time trying to make sure I am as good a dad now as I can be, even though that role is much more limited now.

I was not a good husband. I'll leave it at that. But I have worked very hard so that now I am a good partner to the great woman I am with. I am smart enough to know I don't want to screw that up and I have trained myself to be much better in that role than I was when I was younger.

There is a quote that has been attributed to a number of different people, but I associate with William Saffire that goes: "when you are through changing, you are through." I take that quote to heart. I want to be different in a year than how I am now and I want to continue to learn from mistakes and improve until they put me in the ground. There are few things more damning about someone than people who are so set in their ways and in their personalities that they cease to grow and change with life.
*Like*

That's a great quote. I may steal that one for my own growth. I remember when I turned 30 a few years ago I wrote on a whiteboard that I have in my room "make your thirties better than your twenties." It's since been erased for other things but I haven't forgotten it and I try to do it everyday.

It is good that you've acknowledged your flaws and addressed them accordingly. Nobody is perfect
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

lettherebehouse wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:18 pm TIL Grizz is an actual human being who can enjoy “pints with the boys”. All this time I just thought he was a cyborg who only eats once a day - metal chips and protein concentrate.

Why do you think I nicknamed him Spock?
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

lettherebehouse wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:18 pm TIL Grizz is an actual human being who can enjoy “pints with the boys”. All this time I just thought he was a cyborg who only eats once a day - metal chips and protein concentrate.

Believe it or not, there are actually two sets of "da boys" that I go out with semi-regularly. With the one group, I drink a brew called "Velvet Fog" and with the other, something called "Banded Peak Microburst" which is an IPA of some sort. I am hardly a beer connoisseur, but they taste fine.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:49 pm

Believe it or not, there are actually two sets of "da boys" that I go out with semi-regularly. With the one group, I drink a brew called "Velvet Fog" and with the other, something called "Banded Peak Microburst" which is an IPA of some sort. I am hardly a beer connoisseur, but they taste fine.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:42 am
Titan18 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:33 am I hate cats with a fiery passion. Not just in the “I don’t want to ever have a cat” kind of way but I’d prefer if every cat on this planet disappeared tomorrow and ceased to exist.

Sorry not sorry. Fuck cats
Ok. At least your honest I guess.

Just don't go psycho on the things.

Avoid them if you don't like them.
I’d never intentionally kill one of those overgrown rodents if that’s what you’re implying.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Titan to cats:

Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:26 pm Titan to cats:

:haha2:
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:05 pm Nowhere near manchild level, but I wish I had been more social most of my adult life. Social connections are extremely important and I didn't realize it or enjoy them enough. I do much more now, from "couples" outings to "out with the boys" nights. Those are guys I've known for years and years from the gym and now we swap lies and fix the world's problems over a few pints about once a month or so. Just having a coffee with a friend now and again. Friends really matter.

Beautiful post.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

To answer the question, I'm not certain what my greatest flaw is, but what I work on most actively is being present when I'm with my family and especially my children. I try to abide by a rule where I keep my phone in the next room. I think I'm already decently ahead of the game here because I don't use the phone/tv at all on shabbat, that is purely family time, but this is what is most important to me, being the best and most mindful husband and father that I possibly can. There is no close second.