Through their first 30 career playoff games, only Jordan & Wilt...

Talk about anything here.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Through their first 30 career playoff games, only Jordan & Wilt...

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

...have scored more points than Luka Doncic.

MJ - 1091 points in his first 30 playoff games.
Wilt - 1061
Luka - 976
Elgin - 933
Oscar - 901

Pretty good company.

https://stathead.com/tiny/ebaIy
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: Through their first 30 career playoff games, only Jordan & Wilt...

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Imagine a non-athletic, below-average shooting, soft white dude thoroughly dominating an Era that is "supposed to be" better than ever...

:lol: :roll: :L
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Doncic in my opinion is an improved version of Tony Kukoc. On steroids.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Da Stars. wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:05 pm Doncic in my opinion is an improved version of Tony Kukoc. On steroids.
Doncic was playing pro on a top team in Europe at an age when MJ was being cut from his high school team. He was 16 years old and two months old playing for Real Madrid.

His basketball IQ is off the charts.

Kyrie Irving is the athletic ideal, on the same team. Kyrie, despite those athletic gifts isn't worth one fine hair on Doncic's ass.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:34 pm
Da Stars. wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:05 pm Doncic in my opinion is an improved version of Tony Kukoc. On steroids.
Doncic was playing pro on a top team in Europe at an age when MJ was being cut from his high school team. He was 16 years old and two months old playing for Real Madrid.

Kyrie Irving is the athletic ideal, on the same team. Kyrie, despite those athletic gifts isn't worth one fine hair on Doncic's ass.
??????????????????? My response was Doncic Tony Kukoc on steroids. FWIW. Tony started playing pro ball at age 17. Not debating who is the better player is. Just an observation of how similar they are.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Da Stars. wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:56 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:34 pm

??????????????????? My response was Doncic Tony Kukoc on steroids. FWIW. Tony started playing pro ball at age 17. Not debating who is the better player is. Just an observation of how similar they are.
Hey Stars. My comment had nothing to do with Kukoc. He was great. It was just explaining that Doncic has long been special. Definitely wasn't a shot at you or Kukoc. Cheers young man.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

The best Euro's in the world (during the 90's) were nowhere near the best players in the NBA when they migrated over... fast forward 35 years to today and the Euros are embarrassing today's NBA. It just shows you how truly God-like Jordan's impact was on the sport.

Anyway, Kukoc was a pioneer: A 6'11 Point-Forward with elite Passing skills and Clutch shooting, but Toni was soft Defensively like Luka and Luka is obviously the better Scorer. Also both soft, white dudes so yeah... I guess I could see the "Kukoc on steroids" comparison.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:44 pm The best Euro's in the world (during the 90's) were nowhere near the best players in the NBA when they migrated over... fast forward 35 years to today and the Euros are embarrassing today's NBA. It just shows you how truly God-like Jordan's impact was on the sport.

Anyway, Kukoc was a pioneer: A 6'11 Point-Forward with elite Passing skills and Clutch shooting, but Toni was soft Defensively like Luka and Luka is obviously the better Scorer. Also both soft, white dudes so yeah... I guess I could see the "Kukoc on steroids" comparison.
In my humble opinion. The Euro's were brought over for one thing. To shoot the 3. 1986-87 was when college and HS hoops brought in the 3 point shot. International ball was playing with it for years.

To this date, this is the reason that MJ never really had a 3 point shot.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:48 pm ...have scored more points than Luka Doncic.

MJ - 1091 points in his first 30 playoff games.
Wilt - 1061
Luka - 976
Elgin - 933
Oscar - 901

Pretty good company.

https://stathead.com/tiny/ebaIy
But lebron is GOAT...
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Post by Uncontroversial »

did MJ win a single playoff series in that stretch, or were all 30 games in that long era where he selfishly chased scoring stats while providing very little winning impact until pippen joined to carry him?
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Madness thinks pippen won titles without jordan.
This moron is so desperate to piggy back the ignorant 20 year younger generation like a complete loser
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Uncontroversial wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:13 am did MJ win a single playoff series in that stretch, or were all 30 games in that long era where he selfishly chased scoring stats while providing very little winning impact until pippen joined to carry him?
Silly boy...

Jordan's first 30 playoff games takes us into the 88-89 season, when the Bulls advanced to the ECF and became the ONLY team to win a game in the Playoffs against the (eventual Champion) Pistons... and they actually won 2 games in the series, as Detroit swept the Celtics, Bucks and Lakers in the other 3 rounds.

In other words you could easily argue that as early as the 1988-89 season the Bulls were the SECOND best team in the NBA with Pippen averaging a "whopping" 14/6/4 on the season (13/8/4 in the Playoffs).

Does that answer your question?

Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Post by Uncontroversial »

elartman1973 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:52 am Madness thinks pippen won titles without jordan.
This moron is so desperate to piggy back the ignorant 20 year younger generation like a complete loser
Pippen advanced farther in the playoffs without MJ than MJ ever did without Pippen.

Factola for your buttery fat ass
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Uncontroversial wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:09 pm
elartman1973 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:52 am Madness thinks pippen won titles without jordan.
Pippen advanced farther in the playoffs without MJ than MJ ever did without Pippen.

Factola for your buttery fat ass

In 1985 MJ inherited a Bulls team that won just 27 games the previous year. In 2002 he inherited a Wizards team that won just 19 games the year prior.

In 1999 Pippen joined a Rockets team that already featured Barkley and Dream, and they lost in the first-round. The following year he joined a stacked Blazers' team that reached the WCF the year prior, and they went on to the WCF (again) the first year Pip joined; however the next 3 seasons the Blazers got beat in the first round each year.

So aside from that one (1) season Pippen did not advance further than MJ... and in the one (1) season he did, I'm thinking it's because he had much better talent around him (than MJ did without Scottie), and that that could have a little something to do with Pippen going further in the playoffs.

But that's just a wild guess. I'm sure the real answer is because Pip > MJ eh?

:L

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Without a top 30 player on roster, MJ was just a stats guy whose relative statistics would be matched or outpaced by about 5-7 players a season nowadays.

An upgraded version of Trae Young, minus actually making it to the ECFs in 2021.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Pippen with Pete freaking Myers as his SG won 55 games.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 pm Pippen with Pete freaking Myers as his SG won 55 games.
...and lost in the second-round that year.

So what?

LeBron with 5 other HOFERS around him couldn't even make the Playoffs.

:lol:

As usual, you got nothin'.

Next...

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:28 pm My crappola opinion.
Get back to us when you have something intelligent to write.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:51 pm Get back to us when you have something intelligent to write.
It is relevant.

Jordan not being to win a series without a top 30 all-time player is absolutely relevant, especially when the empty stats player of this generation did it multiple times in his early 20s.

We don't want to compare him to Luka, because that's not fair to him...the Pippenless versions were closer to Trae Young.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:51 pm Get back to us when you have something intelligent to write.
It is relevant.

Jordan not being to win a series without a top 30 all-time player is absolutely relevant,
Not without context and perspective, bush-league.

Next...