House...

Talk about anything here.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

House...

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

How did it come to pass that you are an Angels fan and not the Doyers?
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: House...

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Good question.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:08 pm Good question.
It's been good for his character though. Toughened him up a little. Got bullied but survived and learned to live with extra disappointment.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

I was an Orioles fan as a kid before moving to CA from back east. Over time pops ended up taking us to far more Angel games than Dodger games. I grew up on Doug Decinses, Bobby Grich, Brian Downing, Wally Joyner, Gary Pettis and those guys (i’m pretty sure I cried when Dave Henderson hit that extra innings homer off Donnie Moore in the 86 ALCS). Then family had season tickets through most of the 90s and the rest is history. Was a Dodger fan too, I wasn’t some hater despite their fans being Raider fans in blue. The worst of the worst, if you will.

But now it’s more than that. Instead of listing them all i’ll just say Dodgers represent the Democrats, and Angels represent MAGA no troll.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

lettherebehouse wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:46 pm I was an Orioles fan as a kid before moving to CA from back east. Over time pops ended up taking us to far more Angel games than Dodger games. I grew up on Doug Decinses, Bobby Grich, Brian Downing, Wally Joyner, Gary Pettis and those guys (i’m pretty sure I cried when Dave Henderson hit that extra innings homer off Donnie Moore in the 86 ALCS). Then family had season tickets through most of the 90s and the rest is history. Was a Dodger fan too, I wasn’t some hater despite their fans being Raider fans in blue. The worst of the worst, if you will.

But now it’s more than that. Instead of listing them all i’ll just say Dodgers represent the Democrats, and Angels represent MAGA no troll.

As a long time, Twins fan. Fuck off. Ya little gook. At least your Angels kept Barry Bonds ringless.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Da Stars. wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:49 pm
lettherebehouse wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:46 pm I was an Orioles fan as a kid before moving to CA from back east. Over time pops ended up taking us to far more Angel games than Dodger games. I grew up on Doug Decinses, Bobby Grich, Brian Downing, Wally Joyner, Gary Pettis and those guys (i’m pretty sure I cried when Dave Henderson hit that extra innings homer off Donnie Moore in the 86 ALCS). Then family had season tickets through most of the 90s and the rest is history. Was a Dodger fan too, I wasn’t some hater despite their fans being Raider fans in blue. The worst of the worst, if you will.

As a long time, Twins fan. Fuck off. Ya little gook. At least your Angels kept Barry Bonds ringless.

You’re really gonna hold that grudge on us to your grave for getting fleeced in that Rod Carew trade?

Let it go man, let it go.

:stephena:
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

lettherebehouse wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:03 pm

You’re really gonna hold that grudge on us to your grave for getting fleeced in that Rod Carew trade?

I forgot about that. LOL. Little more recent. The only time in your lifetime the Angels won it all. Or just the only time in my lifetime the Angels won it all. Key phrase, at least you kep Barry Bonds from winning it all.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Da Stars. wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:14 pm

I forgot about that. LOL. Little more recent. The only time in your lifetime the Angels won it all. Or just the only time in my lifetime the Angels won it all. Key phrase, at least you kep Barry Bonds from winning it all.

There’s literally zero reasons to hate the Angels. We haven’t won dick in over 20 years, we have a predominantly white fanbase, we suck ass every year… we’re just a bunch of faggots prancing around in our halo uniforms down the street from Disney singing It’s A Small World instead of take me out to the ballgame.

Fuck, now that I think of it, fuck this team. I’m going back to where it all started for me, B-more baby!

:banderas:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

lettherebehouse wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:29 pm
Da Stars. wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:14 pm

There’s literally zero reasons to hate the Angels. We haven’t won dick in over 20 years, we have a predominantly white fanbase, we suck ass every year… we’re just a bunch of faggots prancing around in our halo uniforms down the street from Disney singing It’s A Small World instead of take me out to the ballgame.

Fuck, now that I think of it, fuck this team. I’m going back to where it all started for me, B-more baby!

:banderas:
I don't dislike the Angels, but if I had to come up with a reason why I would dislike them it would be because they are ruining Mike Trout's prime by not giving him sufficient help.

That plus they somehow kept him from wanting to leave for the Phillies.

That said, I like the Angels and Trout obviously.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Cool. I remember all those guys too. Thanks.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

He likes them because of the movie Angels in the Outfield.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Angels in the Outfield was one of the best terrible movies of all-time.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Dude’s been an attention whore since back in the ESPN message board days