Grizz?????

Talk about anything here.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Grizz?????

Post by Da Stars. »

How important is it to Canada to have one of the four teams in the playoffs to bring home the cup. And what team would be the most likely to win?
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Re: Grizz?????

Post by Titan18 »

It’s not important at all
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Da Stars. wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:06 pm How important is it to Canada to have one of the four teams in the playoffs to bring home the cup. And what team would be the most likely to win?
Canada hasn't sniffed a Stanley Cup victory since 1993.

Hockey is an American sport. We stole it from them and now only American cities win the thing on the backs of mostly Canadian player's slave labor.

:lavar:

z
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Fuck the Capitals
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Phuture is right. The best ice puck player over the last 20 years is Patrick Kane, a red and blue blooded American
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

kobeunderbite wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:25 pm Fuck the Capitals
I thought you said you wasn't going to post anything about the NHL playoff till the second round. :suds:

I concur, Fuck the Caps.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Titan18 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:26 pm Phuture is right. The best ice puck player over the last 20 years is Patrick Kane, a red and blue blooded American
He also beats up cab drivers which is alpha as fuck.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:24 pm
Da Stars. wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:06 pm How important is it to Canada to have one of the four teams in the playoffs to bring home the cup. And what team would be the most likely to win?

Hockey is an American sport. We stole it from them and now only American cities win the thing on the backs of mostly Canadian player's slave labor.

z
When was the last time the flyers won the Stanley cup?
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

elmouse03 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:43 pm
PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:24 pm

z
When was the last time the flyers won the Stanley cup?
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Titan18 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:26 pm Phuture is right. The best ice puck player over the last 20 years is Patrick Kane, a red and blue blooded American
He wasn't the best player on his own team.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

To answer the question, it really depends on where you are. In Ontario, the Leafs are absolutely desperate for a Cup. They last won in 1967, and Torontonians think they live in the Center of the Universe, so it matters a lot to them. Personally, I don't really care much who wins. With that said, I would really prefer Edmonton not win it. As a Calgarian, Oilers fans would be insufferable.

It is probably a bit like I would imagine it to be between Pittsburgh and Philly fans. If you are a fan of one, you can't really be a fan of the other.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:56 pm To answer the question, it really depends on where you are. In Ontario, the Leafs are absolutely desperate for a Cup. They last won in 1967, and Torontonians think they live in the Center of the Universe, so it matters a lot to them. Personally, I don't really care much who wins. With that said, I would really prefer Edmonton not win it. As a Calgarian, Oilers fans would be insufferable.

It is probably a bit like I would imagine it to be between Pittsburgh and Philly fans. If you are a fan of one, you can't really be a fan of the other.
Absolutely. I know a few fans from Calgary and they say stuff about Edmonton fans.

I can't stand the Penguins or any other team from Pittsburgh.

Do you find it hard to remove the respect you have for Connor McDavid as a talent from the hatred you have for his team?

I found it tough to remove the two while I watched Crosby dismantle my team year in and year out and my hatred for the Pens grew.

Ultimately though, Crosby is the greatest I have been alive to witness. I can admit that.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:01 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:56 pm To answer the question, it really depends on where you are. In Ontario, the Leafs are absolutely desperate for a Cup. They last won in 1967, and Torontonians think they live in the Center of the Universe, so it matters a lot to them. Personally, I don't really care much who wins. With that said, I would really prefer Edmonton not win it. As a Calgarian, Oilers fans would be insufferable.

Absolutely. I know a few fans from Calgary and they say stuff about Edmonton fans.

Do you find it hard to remove the respect you have for Connor McDavid as a talent from the hatred you have for his team?

I found it tough to remove the two while I watched Crosby dismantle my team year in and year out and my hatred for the Pens grew.

Ultimately though, Crosby is the greatest I have been alive to witness. I can admit that.
You can't be a fan and not find McDavid incredible. He's just electrifying, even if you dislike the team he plays for. Having said that, I want him and the Oilers to get swept in the first round and hear Oilers fans whine province wide.

The best example for me is Robert Gordon Orr. I hated that mother fucker when he played for the Bruins. The Bruins were our big rivals in the 70s (the Leafs had gone to shit) and he was the prime reason. Part of the reason I hated him so passionately was that he was so freaking good. As a kid who couldn't really reason things out, he was just an enemy. In hindsight, one of the great tragedies in sport, and certainly one of the biggest ever for hockey, was his career being derailed by knee injuries. He could have easily been dominant for another 7-8 years, he was that good.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:06 pm
PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:01 pm

You can't be a fan and not find McDavid incredible. He's just electrifying, even if you dislike the team he plays for. Having said that, I want him and the Oilers to get swept in the first round and hear Oilers fans whine province wide.

The best example for me is Robert Gordon Orr. I hated that mother fucker when he played for the Bruins. The Bruins were our big rivals in the 70s (the Leafs had gone to shit) and he was the prime reason. Part of the reason I hated him so passionately was that he was so freaking good. As a kid who couldn't really reason things out, he was just an enemy. In hindsight, one of the great tragedies in sport, and certainly one of the biggest ever for hockey, was his career being derailed by knee injuries. He could have easily been dominant for another 7-8 years, he was that good.
*Like*

I actually went to a Flyers game in 2012 where we beat the Penguins and Crosby in the playoffs. Best sporting event I've seen in attendance. Giroux opens the game with this shift...

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Quite the shift. Flattens Crosby and scores a beauty.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:17 pm Quite the shift. Flattens Crosby and scores a beauty.
Absolutely. Giroux is probably my favorite Flyer ever.

I also loved Jagr and he was on this team from the video.
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

I have never watched more than 3 consecutive minutes of any hockey game... ever. In my life.
My RAPTURE LETTER to Angergeneral: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129641&p=1841888
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

CleveTown™ wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 am I have never watched more than 3 consecutive minutes of any hockey game... ever. In my life.
Doesn't surprise me. You're kind of a fag.