All-Time Great

Re: Lakers vs Nuggets predictions

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Nuggets in 6
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

If LeFraud refrains from dominating the ball (allowing his teammates to excel) and focuses more on Defense and Facilitating then the Lakers win in 6... of course we all know that's not going to happen, sooooooooooo:

Nuggets in 5.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Lakers in 7

MVP D'Angelo Russell
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Nuggets sweep just to be different
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Pain
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Lakers made a mistake not tanking for OKC.

Nugs in 5, 6 at most.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

AlaskaHawks wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:26 am Lakers made a mistake not tanking for OKC.

Nugs in 5, 6 at most.
I agree with this.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

They should have tanked the first play in game to get OKC instead, but they would likely have to play Denver anyway at some point. Better to face them at their potentially healthiest rather than deep into the post season.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Nuggets in 6. The 30 FTA advantage lakers will get per game should net them 2 wins.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

AD will get injured.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

A wild card is Murray. Jokic can't do everything himself. If Murray plays reasonably well, Denver almost surely wins. Lakers role players would have to play well above their norms for an entire series for a different result.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

I dont give a shit. Lakers in 5. Did I just type that. LOL?
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Since February 1,

Nuggets 24-10
Lakers 23-10
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

kobeunderbite wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:39 am Since February 1,

Nuggets 24-10
Lakers 23-10
Murray missed 9 games, and they were 5-4 in those. And the wins were mostly against really bad teams.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:43 am

Nuggets 24-10
Lakers 23-10
Murray missed 9 games, and they were 5-4 in those. And the wins were mostly against really bad teams.

That's fair but the Lakers, if I recall correctly, dropped a few LeBron-less contests as well. All in all I would say it's a positive that the records over the last few months are reasonably close even when accounting for the absences of key players. With that being said, the Nuggets have beaten the Lakers in 46 consecutive games, so it's hard to imagine the Lakers winning this series. But if Russell can have a strong series shooting the ball as opposed to the abomination of a series that he had last season, and Jokic isn't able to connect on every one of his late game hail mary threes, the Lakers should have a punchers chance.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Nuggets won.
Period
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

kobeunderbite wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:49 am

Nuggets 24-10
Lakers 23-10

That's fair but the Lakers, if I recall correctly, dropped a few LeBron-less contests as well. All in all I would say it's a positive that the records over the last few months are reasonably close even when accounting for the absences of key players. With that being said, the Nuggets have beaten the Lakers in 46 consecutive games, so it's hard to imagine the Lakers winning this series. But if Russell can have a strong series shooting the ball as opposed to the abomination of a series that he had last season, and Jokic isn't able to connect on every one of his late game hail mary threes, the Lakers should have a punchers chance.
All true. They really do need Russell to hit a bunch of 3s and for Reeves to be above norm. If that happens, who knows? If Murray goes cold for the Nugs, same thing.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:52 am

All true. They really do need Russell to hit a bunch of 3s and for Reeves to be above norm. If that happens, who knows? If Murray goes cold for the Nugs, same thing.

Watching Nadal look all too pedestrian on clay right now. Sad to see. He showed some flashes of his old self early, enough for me to maintain hope given that he deserves time to shake the rust off, but it's never easy to watch the greats get old.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:52 am

Imagine this, two members of Angergeneral have a having an NBA chat without insults. :suds: