Overperforming Magic have their best season in 13 years... and finish with same record as Lakers with a disaster season

Talk about anything here.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Overperforming Magic have their best season in 13 years... and finish with same record as Lakers with a disaster season

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

elartman1973 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:50 pm
AlaskaHawks wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:23 pm Magics are back!
Lakers sure as hell arent
elartman1973 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:54 am Lakers are trash.
Imagine thinking they aren't

Wow
elartman1973 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:36 am BTW kobeunderballs..Lakers and magic do not have the same record ..and magic are 3 seed fighting for 2 seed while lakers may miss the playoffs altogether..so walk it off chump
:haha2:
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
elartman1973
El Padrino

Re: Overperforming Magic have their best season in 13 years... and finish with same record as Lakers with a disaster sea

Post by elartman1973 »

Stay triggered.
Magic just getting started with years of contention ahead. And they actually vastly underperformed. But you've never seen them play so your opinions are as valid as tdk or kobeunderballs, nonexistent
Lakers at end of the road with years of lottery ahead

Ouchie
Last edited by elartman1973 on Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Re: Overperforming Magic have their best season in 13 years... and finish with same record as Lakers with a disaster sea

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Congrats on the Magic for reaching the playoffs for the third time the last twelve seasons. Amazing accomplishment.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Congrats to Grizz for his favorite team slightly defying expectations by a quarter-step this season.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:53 pm Congrats to Grizz for his favorite team slightly defying expectations by a quarter-step this season.
Bush: " magic are a 36 win team with play in 8 seed as their ceiling"

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

elartman1973 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:08 pm
I definitely did not say 36 wins. The whole point of making fun of you for not making easy money on Vegas setting the line for Orlando at 37 wins was that they would easily clear that mark. Literally every poster here who trolls on Orlando told you to make some easy money on that bet.

I did say 7th/8th seed though. At the conclusion of the season, their real seed is 6th because of Joel's injury, in a super-compact cluster of teams in the 6th-8th slots.

Wow...what a difference. Between the 6th-best team and 8th best team instead of the 7th best-8th best.

You claiming the Magic would be an elite team is WAY more off-the-mark than what I and pretty much everyone else said.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:15 pm
elartman1973 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:08 pm
I definitely did not say 36 wins. The whole point of making fun of you for not making easy money on Vegas setting the line for Orlando at 37 wins was that they would easily clear that mark. Literally every poster here who trolls on Orlando told you to make some easy money on that bet.

I did say 7th/8th seed though. At the conclusion of the season, their real seed is 6th because of Joel's injury, in a super-compact cluster of teams in the 6th-8th slots.

Wow...what a difference. Between the 6th-best team and 8th best team instead of the 7th best-8th best.

You claiming the Magic would be an elite team is WAY more off-the-mark than what I and pretty much everyone else said.
Their real seed is 2 because of all their injuries.

And I made no claims but keep pushing lies and your obvious bitterness

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

elartman1973 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:17 pm
Okay.

Let's make a board bet.

If the Celtics (true 1) and Magic (true 2, according to you) meet in the playoffs, I take Boston. You take Orlando.

Loser leaves the board for a month (you don't need moderator approval to do this like you claim you do for avatars).

Deal?
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

There is absolutely zero chance Rafa is mentally capable of stepping away from this board for an entire month.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:19 pm
elartman1973 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:17 pm
Okay.

Let's make a board bet.

If the Celtics (true 1) and Magic (true 2, according to you) meet in the playoffs, I take Boston. You take Orlando.

Loser leaves the board for a month (you don't need moderator approval to do this like you claim you do for avatars).

Deal?

Providing the Celtics and Magic win there first round, they will meet in the second round of the playoffs. Providing they both win.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Da Stars. wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:39 pm
Providing the Celtics and Magic win there first round, they will meet in the second round of the playoffs. Providing they both win.
Thanks for clarifying they will only meet if they win in the first round, but not if they lose.

That makes everything a lot more clear.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush is so triggered at being wrong

Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

How much did you bank grizz?
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:53 pm Congrats to Grizz for his favorite team slightly defying expectations by a quarter-step this season.
Thanks Bush! I look forward to my Magic making a little noise in the playoffs this year and then taking another big step forward next year. Look out NBA!!!
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Alex_Murphy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:50 pm How much did you bank grizz?
Can't remember what the odds were. I bet $300 if I remember correctly.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:51 pm
Alex_Murphy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:50 pm How much did you bank grizz?
Can't remember what the odds were. I bet $300 if I remember correctly.

LOL. Now Grizz. I do. LOL. Over/Under bets don't really have odds in general. I think it was even odds. What he fuck does an old fugging drunk like me know, let alone know, Right?
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Don't forget the Magic had the EASIEST schedule in the NBA and the Lakers had the second to hardest. If that averaged out, the Lakers would have finished 12 games ahead of Orlando, and that's with the Lakers having more health issues.

The Lakers at their worst are still better than the Magic at their best lol
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:58 am Don't forget the Magic had the EASIEST schedule in the NBA and the Lakers had the second to hardest. If that averaged out, the Lakers would have finished 12 games ahead of Orlando, and that's with the Lakers having more health issues.

Nope. Magic are the better team now and for the foreseeable future. Enjoy several years of lottery or play ins at best.
This will end up being the worst magic season on the next decade.
Stay triggered

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:58 am Don't forget the Magic had the EASIEST schedule in the NBA and the Lakers had the second to hardest. If that averaged out, the Lakers would have finished 12 games ahead of Orlando, and that's with the Lakers having more health issues.

Against West:
Magic, .500 winning percentage
Lakers, .519 winning percentage

Against East:
Magic, .615 winning percentage
Lakers, . 666 winning percentage

Overall:
Magic, .573 winning percentage
Lakers: .573 winning percentage

The Lakers and Magic having the same record simply reflects the idea that the Magic played the strong majority of their games against the East (easier conference), while the Lakers played a majority of their games against the West (harder conference).

A good example of Simpson's Paradox, by the way.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:20 am

Against West:
Magic, .500 winning percentage
Lakers, .519 winning percentage

Against East:
Magic, .615 winning percentage
Lakers, . 666 winning percentage

Overall:
Magic, .573 winning percentage
Lakers: .573 winning percentage

The Lakers and Magic having the same record simply reflects the idea that the Magic played the strong majority of their games against the East (easier conference), while the Lakers played a majority of their games against the West (harder conference).

A good example of Simpson's Paradox, by the way.
Imagine if you posted something relevant...
Still waiting.

Keep hating and trying to discredit a team that won 22 games 2 seasons ago

Imagine acting like playing against the West is a factor in the Eastern Conference playoffs

Now post the magics record vs the Nuggets then the lakers record vs the Nuggets

Thanks again

Morom