NBA play in tournament.

Talk about anything here.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

NBA play in tournament.

Post by Da Stars. »

Is this good or bad for the league in general? I say hell no.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Re: NBA play in tournament.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Just another money-making gimmick like the IST.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I absolutely hate the logic of it.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Well this much is certain: The play-in tournament may end up saving LeFraud from missing the Playoffs for the 3rd time in 6 seasons in the Western Conference... a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar cry from the 8 straight cakewalk Finals appearances while playing in the (all-ime weak) EC with Super Teams, but I digress...

Yes, the play-in tourney is a joke... not quite as big a joke as the in-season tourney (lol), but pretty damn bad.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:25 pm Well this much is certain: The play-in tournament may end up saving LeFraud from missing the Playoffs for the 3rd time in 6 seasons in the Western Conference... a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar cry from the 8 straight cakewalk Finals appearances while playing in the (all-ime weak) EC with Super Teams, but I digress...

Yes, the play-in tourney is a joke... not quite as big a joke as the in-season tourney (lol), but pretty damn bad.
Which year did Lebron’s Lakers make it in from the 9 or 10 seed?
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

While I'm not a fan of it, all they are trying to do is keep the interest of a few more fan bases through the end of the regular season. But it doesn't really matter since the NBA is a chalk league. There have only been 2 NBA champions ranked lower than a 3 seed in their conference in the history of the league (since 1947).

The 68-69 Celtics were a 4 seed (which is impressive because only 4 teams from each conference made the playoffs and the league had just 14 teams. And the 95 Rockets were a 6 seed.

A 3 seed has won the championship 8 times. A 2 seed has won the championship 16 times. And the 1 seed has won the championship 51 times.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Teams that lose in the playin end up in the lottery? If so what's the point of it again?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Robceltsfan wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:53 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:25 pm Well this much is certain: The play-in tournament may end up saving LeFraud from missing the Playoffs for the 3rd time in 6 seasons in the Western Conference... a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar cry from the 8 straight cakewalk Finals appearances while playing in the (all-ime weak) EC with Super Teams, but I digress...

Which year did Lebron’s Lakers make it in from the 9 or 10 seed?
They might do so this year... and if so it'll be the 3rd time in 6 years LeFraud will have failed to finish with at least the 8th seed in the Western Conference (ie; a Playoff spot), with two (2) other seasons barely squeaking into postseason with the 7th seed. Again, a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar cry from the absolute cakewalk he had in the Leasteran Conference all those years.

(PS: Although the LeMedia and the LeTots agree, the truth of the matter is Anthony Davis is / has been the Lakers' best and most valuable player... so technically speaking it's "Davis' Lakers".)

:pimp:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."