UFC 300 is this Saturday

Talk about anything here.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

UFC 300 is this Saturday

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Not the greatest main event in terms of name power but overall the card is really deep with good fights that have a chance to be really entertaining.

I am really looking forward to this one.

@Bush

@Hawks

@Clevetown

@LNS ... :cry:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Re: UFC 300 is this Saturday

Post by Bush4Ever. »

It's almost guaranteed to be an exciting card. We basically already saw the Max fight before with Max/Poirier 2. The main and co lack a little gravitas, but should be a good combination of technical excellence and violence.

I'm most interested in seeing if Arman can level up and beat Do Bronx. I think this is the time for him to level up with a big name/win and finally start to shake up the names at 155 beyond Islam, the American trio, and Do Bronx.

Bo Nickal should completely obliterate Cody Brundage.
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

You got Jiri and Aljo in the prelims. say less. it's going to be nuts!
My RAPTURE LETTER to Angergeneral: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129641&p=1841888
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

I like Bo since he was a Penn State wrestler. Assuming he handles his business this weekend and continues his trajectory, I like his chances against anyone they'd throw at him. Including DDP, Strickland, Stylebender, etc. I feel like stylistically his toughest challenge may be Chimaev.

I also can't wait to see Cody fight. Dude isn't the brightest bulb but I like his fighting style. For that one night against Dominic Cruz, he fought one of the best fights I've ever seen... especially against someone as tricky and talented as Cruz.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

CleveTown™ wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:22 pm You got Jiri and Aljo in the prelims. say less. it's going to be nuts!
Yessir. The deepest card in UFC history by far.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

As a side, Jon Jones' dumbass apparently threatened a drug testing lady saying he would kill her.

I hate that this dude is so talented so he's been given as many chances as he has been.

I wish Dana would just cut him. I wouldn't a single one of his PFL fights or wherever he'd choose to go and I only watch his UFC fights with the slim hope that he loses.

Absolute scumbag.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Jon Jones will accidentally murder someone approximately 8 or 9 years after his retirement, and everyone will be shocked.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:47 pm Jon Jones will accidentally murder someone approximately 8 or 9 years after his retirement, and everyone will be shocked.
Lol

If it happens he will apologize and say that he will never do it again.

Then the moment he leaves the courtroom he will do cocaine, drink alcohol, take PEDs, and then drive home and get into a terrible accident, flee the scene, and randomly beat up the first woman he sees as he's running away.

Am I missing anything?
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I really do wonder what will happen when he's no longer fighting.

BJ Penn (who went really sideways for a moment post-career, and he was half the menace Jon Jones is) talked about the discipline (or semi-discipline) of training and fighting MMA holding back some men who probably are inclined to do some villainous things without that routine, without those goals and things to focus on, etc...

I guess time will tell. Thankfully, just one more fight with this guy.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:07 pm I really do wonder what will happen when he's no longer fighting.

BJ Penn (who went really sideways for a moment post-career, and he was half the menace Jon Jones is) talked about the discipline (or semi-discipline) of training and fighting MMA holding back some men who probably are inclined to do some villainous things without that routine, without those goals and things to focus on, etc...

I think it's funny the amount of different personalities that go along with great martial arts fighters.

You have the loose cannons like Jon Jones, Conor, BJ, Mike Tyson (during the second half of his boxing career at least, he's settled down considerably now), etc.

Then you have pure martial artists who seem to be much more level-headed and truly dedicate themselves to the craft, even in their free rime. Best examples of this are GSP, Mighty Mouse, Cormier, etc.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:07 pm I really do wonder what will happen when he's no longer fighting.

I’ve told this story before but BJ knocked my uncle out at a bar in Hilo during his prime fighting days. Dude is a loose cannon, still would have loved to see him be governor for the sheer hilarity and he couldn’t be worse than our current one
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:27 pm

I’ve told this story before but BJ knocked my uncle out at a bar in Hilo during his prime fighting days. Dude is a loose cannon, still would have loved to see him be governor for the sheer hilarity and he couldn’t be worse than our current one
Why did BJ KO your uncle?
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:46 pm

He was being a Fwam.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Diaz
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

According to him, they bumped into each other and BJ got nuts and he didn’t back down. Knowing him, he was probably being a drunk fool. Regardless, I doubt he started it and a multi belt holding mma champ probably shouldn’t be getting into bar fights with random old men haha
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

wailuaFC wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:14 pm
According to him, they bumped into each other and BJ got nuts and he didn’t back down. Knowing him, he was probably being a drunk fool. Regardless, I doubt he started it and a multi belt holding mma champ probably shouldn’t be getting into bar fights with random old men haha
Ouch.

"... and a multi belt holding mma champ probably shouldn’t be getting into bar fights with random old men haha"

Don't tell McGregor ^ this.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Let's go Cody.

Get this W.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:14 pm Let's go Cody.

Get this W.
:rosenew:
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Ol boy was leakin like Balboa in that last fight holy shit

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

lettherebehouse wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:24 pm Ol boy was leakin like Balboa in that last fight holy shit

The ref let him push through which I thought was debatable but ultimately seemed OK since he persevered.

A modern day Rocky to Green's Apollo Creed.