Just so you know

Talk about anything here.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Just so you know

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Lebron, AD, KD and Steph Curry are all scheduled to be in the play in tournament: not conference finals, and not the nba finals.
Yes my friend the so called greatest player of the game, the greatest shooter of the game, the greatest pure scorer of the game etc oh and key players on your 2024 Olympic team.

Overpaid and overhyped
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Re: Just so you know

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Yes, that's happens when you have a supremely talented and deep league.

Superstars in their prime push out fading superstars who would have normally been on retirement's doorstep (Durant/Curry), or sprinted beyond it (Lebron) in the old days.

Joker-29
Joel-30
Giannis-29
Luka-25
SGA-25

Tatum-26
Brunson-27

None of those monikers for Lebron/Steph/KD would apply taking their play within the 2024 season in isolation.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

If they are fading why are they among the highest paid?
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

AtiliusRegulus wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:05 pm If they are fading why are they among the highest paid?
Because there isn't a perfect correlation with pay and performance in the NBA? Because of contract timing, length, salary cap issues, playing unusually good in a contract year vs. unexpectedly bad, etc...

Is Bradley Beal the 6th best player in the NBA? Simmons the 20th? Tatum the 37th? Brunson the 53rd? SGA 34th?

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/players/
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

I think the real question (with respect to today's Era) is: Are the players overpaid because they're overhyped, or are they overhyped because they're overpaid?

Objectively speaking, I'd say it's a little of both on average.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

AtiliusRegulus wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:46 pm Lebron, AD, KD and Steph Curry are all scheduled to be in the play in tournament: not conference finals, and not the nba finals.
Yes my friend the so called greatest player of the game, the greatest shooter of the game, the greatest pure scorer of the game etc oh and key players on your 2024 Olympic team.

Overpaid and overhyped
When is the last time you actually watched a basketball game? Your takes are generally so incredibly stupid that I chalk it up to not watching. Nobody could actually really be that disconnected from a sport they actually watch, could they?
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:09 pm
AtiliusRegulus wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:05 pm If they are fading why are they among the highest paid?
Because there isn't a perfect correlation with pay and performance in the NBA? Because of contract timing, length, salary cap issues, playing unusually good in a contract year vs. unexpectedly bad, etc...

Is Bradley Beal the 6th best player in the NBA? Simmons the 20th? Tatum the 37th? Brunson the 53rd? SGA 34th?

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/players/
AD signed that ridiculous contract last year and Lebron is scheduled to sign 3 years $163 mill in the off season. Thr lakers will be having 2 years of play in.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:57 pm I think the real question (with respect to today's Era) is: Are the players overpaid because they're overhyped, or are they overhyped because they're overpaid?

Lebron has been pure hype since landing in LA. The hype train is ridiculous.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

AtiliusRegulus wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:25 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:57 pm I think the real question (with respect to today's Era) is: Are the players overpaid because they're overhyped, or are they overhyped because they're overpaid?

Lebron has been pure hype since landing in LA. The hype train is ridiculous.
He was finals MVP ya freaking retard.