Got to admit

Talk about anything here.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Got to admit

Post by lettherebehouse »

zombiesonics wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:21 pm I was always a “wrestling is fake” guy. And all the wrestling fans at my school would always have the same response: “movies are fake and you still watch them”

I guess.

AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:50 pm Last night's WrestleMania main event was a top 3 moment in my life.
And the highest single night grossing event for the wwe. Rock is king Midas. He has the golden touch
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

AtiliusRegulus wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:14 am
PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:50 pm Last night's WrestleMania main event was a top 3 moment in my life.
And the highest single night grossing event for the wwe. Rock is king Midas. He has the golden touch
Indeed.

Last night on Raw he mentioned how he's going back to Hollywood but that him and Cody have unfinished business. He even bragged that despite Cody winning the belt on Sunday he pinned him on Saturday.

The Rock has been spectacular these last 2 months.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

elmouse03 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:02 pm
:stonecold:

Would have been better if that guy showed up.

This is my problem with WWE. It has become Marvel in that people are just waiting for the next big cameo, crossover event, comeback from an old star, etc. It's the same thing.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

lettherebehouse wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:48 pm
zombiesonics wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:21 pm I was always a “wrestling is fake” guy. And all the wrestling fans at my school would always have the same response: “movies are fake and you still watch them”

I guess.

You enjoy it the same way you would a move or tv show where the big bad plan is foiled by a character you least expected leading to the happy ending you crave.

Darius is right on the money. Based homie.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

kobeunderbite wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:31 am

This is my problem with WWE. It has become Marvel in that people are just waiting for the next big cameo, crossover event, comeback from an old star, etc. It's the same thing.
Yeah but that's because nobody feels connected to any of the current stars compared to the stars of the past. Also people miss the edginess and realism of the tv14 era. Looks like they are trying to go back to that.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

elmouse03 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:16 am

Yeah but that's because nobody feels connected to any of the current stars compared to the stars of the past. Also people miss the edginess and realism of the tv14 era. Looks like they are trying to go back to that.
That's a big problem though, you can't just skate by on the Rock showing up every couple of years, the actual product needs to be good.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

kobeunderbite wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:47 pm

That's a big problem though, you can't just skate by on the Rock showing up every couple of years, the actual product needs to be good.
I think HHH is trying to toughen up the locker room and writers as older stars thought they all have became soft. People think that what was missing and wrong with the current product but it all started at the top with Vince as he cared about his own entertainment than the fans who paid to watch it.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

elmouse03 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:20 pm
kobeunderbite wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:47 pm

I think HHH is trying to toughen up the locker room and writers as older stars thought they all have became soft. People think that what was missing and wrong with the current product but it all started at the top with Vince as he cared about his own entertainment than the fans who paid to watch it.

Time will tell if any stars developed after the year 2005 build up any kind of credibility on par with those from the golden years. Big ask for HHH.