Has anyone here ever been knocked out?

Talk about anything here.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Has anyone here ever been knocked out?

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Whether through a fight, an accident of some sort, or something else?

Personally, I have never been knocked out and I've never even been seriously punched in the face.

I've hit my head decently hard on asphalt before as a young kid but I took it and kept moving.

What say you?
elartman1973
El Padrino

Re: Has anyone here ever been knocked out?

Post by elartman1973 »

No
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I've taken some head blows in striking arts and basketball, but the only time I was ever legit KOed was in baseball as a tween.

My dumbass teammate was whipping his bat around like he was a Jedi Knight and whipped it (accidentally) against my head Loony Tunes style while I was standing sort of sideways to him.

When I woke up my head was shockingly clear, almost like the KO cleared all the rust and cobwebs out (reset to factory settings?). Thankfully no long-term damage.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Once. I was a senior in high school and it happened during a soccer game. One of my teammates sent a line drive cross in front of the net and I went to head it in the goal. I didn't think anyone was close to me, but a defender somehow showed up and cut in front of me. Instead of connecting with the ball I struck him in the head instead. I was knocked out briefly and had a goose egg on my forehead. I honestly felt ok, but they wouldn't let me play the rest of the game and made me go to the hospital to get checked out. I was fine.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 pm I've taken some head blows in striking arts and basketball, but the only time I was ever legit KOed was in baseball as a tween.

My dumbass teammate was whipping his bat around like he was a Jedi Knight and whipped it (accidentally) against my head Loony Tunes style while I was standing sort of sideways to him.

When I woke up my head was shockingly clear, almost like the KO cleared all the rust and cobwebs out (reset to factory settings?). Thankfully no long-term damage.
Damn. Glad to hear it was OK after you woke up.

Shocked you had no concussion symptoms afterwards, especially when it was a bat and not a fist.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

manchild98 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 pm Once. I was a senior in high school and it happened during a soccer game. One of my teammates sent a line drive cross in front of the net and I went to head it in the goal. I didn't think anyone was close to me, but a defender somehow showed up and cut in front of me. Instead of connecting with the ball I struck him in the head instead. I was knocked out briefly and had a goose egg on my forehead. I honestly felt ok, but they wouldn't let me play the rest of the game and made me go to the hospital to get checked out. I was fine.
Nice that you were OK afterwards.

Soccer is apparently one of the bigger sports for CTE because of heading the ball and other types of collisions while you're swinging your head around.
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

Never. always wondered what it felt like though.
My RAPTURE LETTER to Angergeneral: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129641&p=1841888
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Twice. Once in high school when I got thrown out of the back of a friends truck when he was driving on sand dunes and once in college playing soccer. I was defending a corner kick and ended up diving into the goalpost to try to save a goal. Ball went in and I got a concussion and stitches
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

It's interesting how many injuries seem to happen in "softer" sports like baseball or soccer.

Larry Bird had his finger permanently bent backwards by a softball play (that he says he never recovered from) and also a concussion.

In one of his biographies he talked about how he went to Celtics doctor for a physical exam in the pre-draft workout, and the doctor asked him to "show him the[hurt] finger", and Bird held up the finger on his opposite (i.e.-good/healthy) hand and got a medical pass (how the hell that worked I don't know lol).
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 pm Twice. Once in high school when I got thrown out of the back of a friends truck when he was driving on sand dunes and once in college playing soccer. I was defending a corner kick and ended up diving into the goalpost to try to save a goal. Ball went in and I got a concussion and stitches
Fucking triple whammy... Concussion, stitches, and they still scored.

I respect the dedication to defense.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 pm
wailuaFC wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 pm Twice. Once in high school when I got thrown out of the back of a friends truck when he was driving on sand dunes and once in college playing soccer. I was defending a corner kick and ended up diving into the goalpost to try to save a goal. Ball went in and I got a concussion and stitches

Quad, it glanced off my head for an own goal
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 pm

:ohshitgif:
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Once.
Got called up to Varsity in 10th grade for the playoffs.
We did a lineman drill where you lay on your back with your helmet on the line, 10 yards apart.
When the whistle blew, you jump up and go against the other guy full bore.
I got our all-league guard. A fire hydrant against my scrawny ass.
I woke up on my back, and only saw in shades of red for about 10 minutes.
Of course, I didn’t tell anybody. I’m sure I was concussed. No lasting effects thankfully.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Shill Jackson wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am Once.
We did a lineman drill where you lay on your back with your helmet on the line, 10 yards apart.
Of course, I didn’t tell anybody. I’m sure I was concussed. No lasting effects thankfully.
Ouch.

I have seen that drill before and it makes sense that people get their bells rung doing it.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:26 am
Shill Jackson wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am Once.
Ouch.

I have seen that drill before and it makes sense that people get their bells rung doing it.
Oklahoma Drill
little asian man
Rookie

Post by little asian man »

elartman1973 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 pmNo
i knocked you out in college with a wound house kick

you were mad i wank in your bed, you sleep in my juice. You try fight me, so i knock you out cold and everybody laugh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Post by Uncontroversial »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 pm

lmao
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Once. At my first condo I had street parking and had to run to get something out of my car and realized I forgot my keys. My regular doors to my unit were unlocked but the main door to the building had an automatic lock so I couldn’t get back in. There were only 4 units and I buzzed each one to get me in but no one was home so I went to hop the 8 foot fence in the back, as I was going over my pant leg got hooked on the fence and I fell and hit my head on concrete and was knocked out briefly. Woke up with a massive lump and felt tired and went to my unit and fell right asleep which in hindsight was a terrible idea cause if i had some sort of real damage I’d probably would have dropped dead. Woke up like 20 minutes later with a headache and went to get checked out. Said everything looked fine but to make sure I didn’t sleep alone for a few days so my now wife stayed over the week. Lump went completely away after a day and didn’t have any after effects.