zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

NFL bans tackling

Post by zombiesonics »

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: NFL bans tackling

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Yea players can't grab a player by the waist and drop all their body weight to drag the player down.

They claim it increases injury risk by tacking that way.

Soft as fuck.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

The sad part is I can’t quit her. I’m too deep in this, and will watch every Sunday no questions axed.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

zombiesonics wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 pm
Why do you always lie?
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Flag football.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Southpark nailed it again woth their Sarcastaball episode on this.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

This news automatically disqualifies future players and current players who debuted any later than 2017 from GOAT argument. Solidifying Brady as the forever NFL GOAT
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

I didnt even know what a hip whatever tackle was.

My RAPTURE LETTER to Angergeneral: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129641&p=1841888
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

CleveTown™ wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:54 pm I didnt even know what a hip whatever tackle was.

It's how Mark Andrew's Ankle broke last year which is why its a discussion really.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

:lol: :lol: :lol: at today's (alleged) "bigger, better, badder, stronger and more physically fit" athletes being as SOFT as a freakin' pillow.

:lol: :roll: :L

Today's fans should be embarrassed at the way today's athletes are pampered and coddled like 6 year old girls... but then again today's fans don't know how much tougher the NFL (and NBA) was in the 80's and 90's, so their ignorance on the topic is understandable.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Titan18 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 pm This news automatically disqualifies future players and current players who debuted any later than 2017 from GOAT argument. Solidifying Brady as the forever NFL GOAT
That happened the day Brady became a starter, which is why Montana is the forever NFL GOAT...
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

LOL. More contact in the NBA and hockey than football. LOL.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Meanwhile offensive players are still allowed to use their heads as a battering ram. And if you are holding the ball you can also stiff arm someone in the face...for everyone else, hands to the face is a penalty. I can't say I ever noticed people getting hurt a ton through hip drop tackling. So I guess to tackle someone from behind you'll have to 2 arm shove them as hard as you can or dive and make an ankle tackle.

NFL adopted the XFL kick off rules which means there may actually be some returns this year. Touchback goes to the 30 yard line.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Actual footage of future NFL games:

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Imagine you're a smaller defensive back and you have Derrick Henry running full steam towards you.

How the hell are you supposed to bring him down?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

The NFL is doing what the NBA already did: Turn Defense into a joke by using the rules to make the game easier than it's ever been for the Offense, so today's fans can drool over the "Offensive stats" and claim that the modern athlete is so much more skilled and talented... foolishly failing to realize that the "appearance' of more skill/talent is simply an illusion due to the Defense being soft and weak.

True story.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

It’s a good rule. Defensive players shouldn’t be swinging themselves into offensive players legs, it’s why you aren’t allowed to tackle below the knee and why chop blocks are illegal. You can still do what DK did to baker and unweight yourself, you just can’t carry your momentum onto their legs
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

wailuaFC wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 pm It’s a good rule. Defensive players shouldn’t be swinging themselves into offensive players legs, it’s why you aren’t allowed to tackle below the knee and why chop blocks are illegal. You can still do what DK did to baker and unweight yourself, you just can’t carry your momentum onto their legs
As Manchild pointed out, where are the players to tackle a player when he puts his head down..
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm Imagine you're a smaller defensive back and you have Derrick Henry running full steam towards you.

How the hell are you supposed to bring him down?
Hair is part of the uniform. Grab it with both hands and hang on.
Bill Russell

wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Da Stars. wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:15 pm
wailuaFC wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 pm It’s a good rule. Defensive players shouldn’t be swinging themselves into offensive players legs, it’s why you aren’t allowed to tackle below the knee and why chop blocks are illegal. You can still do what DK did to baker and unweight yourself, you just can’t carry your momentum onto their legs
As Manchild pointed out, where are the players to tackle a player when he puts his head down..
It’s also illegal to lead with the helmet