Orr vs Gretzgy, vs Jordan vs James.

Talk about anything here.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Orr vs Gretzgy, vs Jordan vs James.

Post by Da Stars. »

How can open minded hockey fans debate this topic more openly without malice of any type, than the NBA debate?
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Re: Orr vs Gretzgy, vs Jordan vs James.

Post by Shill Jackson »

It should be Kareem vs James
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

This isn't the first time Stars spelled Gretzky with a G. K& G are like 3 keys apart my man.

:skip:

:suds:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Shill Jackson wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:15 pm It should be Kareem vs James vs Russell vs Jordan
FTFY
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Da Stars. wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:02 pm How can open minded hockey fans debate this topic more openly without malice of any type, than the NBA debate?
NBA is more popular and discussed in the US than the NHL.

Basketball is the sport that has the highest percentage of its fanbase that follow one player as opposed to one team. That plus the way the sport is marketed means individual players are discussed more often in basketball than any other sport (even football) here in America.

Hockey is probably fourth in terms of hierarchy in America.

1. NFL
2. NBA
3. MLB
4. NHL

Below that group is combat sports, soccer, etc.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:30 pm
Da Stars. wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:02 pm How can open minded hockey fans debate this topic more openly without malice of any type, than the NBA debate?

Basketball is the sport that has the highest percentage of its fanbase that follow one player as opposed to one team. That plus the way the sport is marketed means individual players are discussed more often in basketball than any other sport (even football) here in America.

1. NFL
2. NBA
3. MLB
4. NHL

Bobby Orr. Only defensemen in the history of the NHL to lead the NHL in scoring not just once, but twice. Maybe hockey fans have more common sense.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

1. NFL
2. MLB
3. NBA
4. WNBA
5. NHL

Fixed
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Da Stars. wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:50 pm

1. NFL
2. NBA
3. MLB
4. NHL

Bobby Orr. Only defensemen in the history of the NHL to lead the NHL in scoring not just once, but twice. Maybe hockey fans have more common sense.
Maybe. I still think Wayne is greater but Orr was amazing. He's #2 for me. I know Grizz disagrees and he makes a great argument as he's more versed in the sport than I am, as are you.

The GOAT discussion in the States is much less prevalent for hockey than it is in basketball, football, and baseball.

That's all I am trying to say.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Titan18 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:04 pm

1. NFL
2. MLB
3. NBA
4. WNBA
5. NHL

Fixed
:westbrook:
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:06 pm
Da Stars. wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:50 pm

1. NFL
2. NBA
3. MLB
4. NHL

Maybe. I still think Wayne is greater but Orr was amazing. He's #2 for me. I know Grizz disagrees and he makes a great argument as he's more versed in the sport than I am, as are you.

The GOAT discussion in the States is much less prevalent for hockey than it is in basketball, football, and baseball.

That's all I am trying to say.

In today's game, the advantage the goaltenders and defensemen in gear and other facts. Advantage Orr.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

Gretzgy? C'mon stars..