Embiid's absence proves he's the undisputed MVP of the league...

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Embiid's absence proves he's the undisputed MVP of the league...

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Sixers are 26-8 with him (76%), 12-24 withOut him (33%).

Enough said.

:noidea:

Discus...
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: Embiid's absence proves he's the undisputed MVP of the league...

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Hard to argue against the OP's factual post.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

Facts!!!
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:05 pm Sixers are 26-8 with him (76%), 12-24 withOut him (33%).

Enough said.

Discus...
So you are a black guy…
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

MVP hasn't precisely been aligned with the idea of value to team in such a strong way, historically. If it was, the award would have been biased towards superstars who played on mediocre teams (Lebron in Cleveland would have won it almost every year in his first go-round), rather than elite teams who probably would have been "reasonably good" in their absence (like Magic in LA or Lebron in Miami or Jordan in Chicago for the first threepeat, etc...).

At the time of his injury, Embiid had the best EPM in the league and his per-minute production was outrageously high (arguably the best in history), so unless the 76ers fell wildly off-pace as a team, his case would have been straightforward this year IMO.

Note that it's usually better to examine per-minute on vs. off/with vs. without as opposed to game-level, since minutes being played without the player during games he plays still give a signal of how good a team is without him. A player playing 36 minutes a game essentially misses a full game every fourth time they suit up for a game. This helps if the relevant players being judged played full seasons or most of full seasons...you'd rather go per-minute than trying to draw a trend from four or five games or however many the guy missed.

This year, Joker is probably going to win, and it's still well-earned. His production is also right in-line with what the best MVPs have traditionally put up (not as high as Embiid's this year though), his team should be an elite team, there's a clear on vs. off effect, and all the rest. I looked at the most recent odds, and he's actually a stronger favorite compared to SGA than I would have thought.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Should have kept Harden.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

elmouse03 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:01 pm Should have kept Harden.
:verdum:
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Also shows Nick Nurse is a mediocre coach who can't readjust game plans when he doesn't have a star player.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:09 pm Also shows Nick Nurse is a mediocre coach who can't readjust game plans when he doesn't have a star player.
That’s on Morey for not improving the roster. He should’ve traded for Anunoby when he had the chance. Also should’ve gotten rid of Tobias Harris and found a better backup C than Bamba.

He did nothing at the deadline.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

zombiesonics wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:34 pm
Havlicekstealsit wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:09 pm Also shows Nick Nurse is a mediocre coach who can't readjust game plans when he doesn't have a star player.
That’s on Morey for not improving the roster. He should’ve traded for Anunoby when he had the chance. Also should’ve gotten rid of Tobias Harris and found a better backup C than Bamba.

He did nothing at the deadline.
Rumors that we're looking into Paul George this off-season.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Honestly the bulls should have traded Lavine for Harris's expiring and all those picks the 76ers got from the clippers when they had a chance within the first 10 games in the season.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:05 pm Sixers are 26-8 with him (76%), 12-24 withOut him (33%).

Enough said.

Discus...
BUMP

Update:

The Sixers are playing elite .776% ball with Embiid (28-8), and a dismal .341% without him (14-27)... not only is he the true MVP of the league, he's also my pick for 2024 Finals MVP.

:pimp:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:26 pm

Enough said.

Discus...
BUMP

Update:

The Sixers are playing elite .776% ball with Embiid (28-8), and a dismal .341% without him (14-27)... not only is he the true MVP of the league, he's also my pick for 2024 Finals MVP.

:banderas:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

elmerjfudd wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:04 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:26 pm

Enough said.

Discus...
BUMP

Update:

:banderas:
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

The Sixers were EASILY the Top 1 or 2 team in the NBA before Embiid went down... and with just enough time left in the regular season for him to get his legs/rhythm back before the playoffs, and just enough time for the team to get back in sync, there is absolutely no reason to believe they can't go all the way (unless Embiid goes down again of course).

Otherwise, we know the Celtics are hit-or-miss... yeah they look great in the regular season but Tatum and Co. have been gross underacheivers in the playoffs (even losing to the MUCH lower seed last season), and Boston is really the only team that poses any real threat to a healthy Philly team in the EC.

Out West only the Nuggets can hang with a healthy Sixers for an entire series... but Embiid will make Jokic his daddy if they neet up.

So yeah, Joel Embiid = your 2024 NBA Finals MVP*.

(...if healthy*)

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:49 am The Sixers were EASILY the Top 1 or 2 team in the NBA before Embiid went down... and with just enough time left in the regular season for him to get his legs/rhythm back before the playoffs, and just enough time for the team to get back in sync, there is absolutely no reason to believe they can't go all the way (unless Embiid goes down again of course).

Otherwise, we know the Celtics are hit-or-miss... yeah they look great in the regular season but Tatum and Co. have been gross underacheivers in the playoffs (even losing to the MUCH lower seed last season), and Boston is really the only team that poses any real threat to a healthy Philly team in the EC.

Out West only the Nuggets can hang with a healthy Sixers for an entire series... but Embiid will make Jokic his daddy if they neet up.

(...if healthy*)

TDK: "ya'll still watch this shit???"

Also TDK: "Let me give ya'll an in-depth analysis on everything going on in the NBA today!"

:lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Robceltsfan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:23 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:49 am The Sixers were EASILY the Top 1 or 2 team in the NBA before Embiid went down... and with just enough time left in the regular season for him to get his legs/rhythm back before the playoffs, and just enough time for the team to get back in sync, there is absolutely no reason to believe they can't go all the way (unless Embiid goes down again of course).

(...if healthy*)

TDK: "ya'll still watch this shit???"

Also TDK: "Let me give ya'll an in-depth analysis on everything going on in the NBA today!"

:lol:
Haha... not quite. I still "follow" hoops because (as I have said many times in the past) I love the sport itself... I can't help it if it's run by weak/soft "woke" cream-puffs who have sissified the game like Democrats / Lefties are trying to sissify society. Besides, my previous post isn't anything "in depth", silly. Boxscores, game summaries, W/L records and other easy, readily available data is all one needs to be able to substantiate what I wrote.

- Boston = Playoff underacheivers
- Sixers = undeniably a legit Championship caliber team when Embiid plays
- WC has no team (other than Denver) capable of hanging with a fully healthy Sixers clicking on all cylinders
- Embiid >>>>> Jokic

All these facts (and lots more) are easy to uncover without watching games.
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

TDK, you should bet some serious money on the 76ers winning the title and post the receipt of the bet online.

You'd have the admiration of everyone successfully making a call like that.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:40 am TDK, you should bet some serious money on the 76ers winning the title and post the receipt of the bet online.

You'd have the admiration of everyone successfully making a call like that.
I don't gamble UNLESS it's a 100% sure thing (like Jordan winning in the Finals, or LeBron crying to the officials at least 2-3 times every game, for example) "or" unless I personally have control in the outcome.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:48 am I don't gamble UNLESS it's a 100% sure thing (like Jordan winning in the Finals, or LeBron crying to the officials at least 2-3 times every game, for example) "or" unless I personally have control in the outcome.
That's fine, but you automatically forfeit the right to brag or claim credibility if they win the title.

They are +2500 the last I checked, which should pretty much be an automatic bet of meaningful value to anyone who literally thinks they will win the title.