Would Bill Russell's game even make it to the NBA in todays game.

Talk about anything here.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Re: Would Bill Russell's game even make it to the NBA in todays game.

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:11 pm

The 50's/60's shot FT's underhanded,
And were closer in performance on FTs to the 1990s (1.4 percent worse) than the 1990s were to the 2020s (3.2 percent worse).

You are literally proving my point.

lmao!
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:20 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:11 pm

The 50's/60's shot FT's underhanded,
And were closer in performance on FTs to the 1990s (1.4 percent worse) than the 1990s were to the 2020s (3.2 percent worse).

You are literally proving my point.

lmao!
1998-99 FT Shooting: 72.8%

1950-51 FT Shooting: 73.3%

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Pretty simple

The 90s were an exciting time for the nba with a superior product. That’s why the ratings were so much better than today’s weak and boring product. As a result the fans were much more into the games and involved leading to more attempts to distract the opposing team which would naturally lead to more misses.

The fans at today’s game are gang bangers and celebrities who are at games to be seen and for Instagram. They hardly pay attention making the crowd lifeless.

The 50s and 60s? Did they even play in front of crowds? They were essentially shooting around in empty gyms.

Duh. Not sure how you can call yourself an astute nba fan and not know this.

:snoop:
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Still not a northern pike. Maybe a Walleye, a bass. Mostly perch.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Just for DaStars

Not bad for a guy who can't dribble. I wonder how many guys in the current NBA could get up the court that fast?

phpBB [video]
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:01 pm Just for DaStars

Not bad for a guy who can't dribble. I wonder how many guys in the current NBA could get up the court that fast?

phpBB [video]
That shit was fucking beautiful.

Wilt could never…
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

phpBB [video]
Thanks for sharing. Do you have a video of him shoot outide, oh never mind. I already stated I believe Bill would have evolved. Like all greats from all other Eras. I guess this daily pillow fight is now, well just getting old.

Only person's opinion that might have been changed maybe is mine. Wayne vs Bobby. Ok, Bobby over Wayne.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

kobeunderbite wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:28 am A mix between Tyrus Thomas and Andray Blatche

:nashpoint:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Robceltsfan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:05 pm

phpBB [video]
That shit was fucking beautiful.

Wilt could never…
Stand there with a straight face and tell me you think Bill Russell was a better offensive player than Wilt.

I dare you.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Anyone else notice there's not a Defensive player within 10 feet of Russell the entire length of the floor... they were all just lollygagging it up the floor after Russ grabbed the Rebound, and then at the end some midget white dude with no muscles (who works part-time at Bronco's Lube Joint) got in the way under the basket after the 6 foot 9 Russell was already mid air.

C'mon.

:L

Can't dribble with his off hand, no evidence of any outside shooting ability period (let alone from long-range), and no evidence he'd be able to effectively defend the (cough-cough) "bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, more athletic" perimeter players of today.

A role-player off the bench today... I am now convinced.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:07 pm Anyone else notice there's not a Defensive player within 10 feet of Russell the entire length of the floor... they were all just lollygagging it up the floor after Russ grabbed the Rebound, and then at the end some midget white dude with no muscles (who works part-time at Bronco's Lube Joint) got in the way under the basket after the 6 foot 9 Russell was already mid air.

C'mon.

Can't dribble with his off hand, no evidence of any outside shooting ability period (let alone from long-range), and no evidence he'd be able to effectively defend the (cough-cough) "bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, more athletic" perimeter players of today.

Kind of hurts doesn't it TDK? Russell dribbling the ball upcourt could get up the floor faster than MJ running a sprint.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:59 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:07 pm Anyone else notice there's not a Defensive player within 10 feet of Russell the entire length of the floor... they were all just lollygagging it up the floor after Russ grabbed the Rebound, and then at the end some midget white dude with no muscles (who works part-time at Bronco's Lube Joint) got in the way under the basket after the 6 foot 9 Russell was already mid air.

C'mon.

Kind of hurts doesn't it TDK? Russell dribbling the ball upcourt could get up the floor faster than MJ running a sprint.
You thought that was fast? I had to double check that my settings weren’t on slow motion.

It was a decent play against 6’2 white dudes. Nothing more nothing less.

:trumphuh:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Bill Russell would be an athlete in any era for basketball. So would Wilt.

Human beings don't evolve to a different thing in a 60 year time frame such that a turbo-athlete in one era wouldn't represent in the other strictly on an athletic front.

Skills/abilities certainly can evolve, as can environmental things related to performance like science/nutrition, financial support, institutional dominance of a sport in culture (and everything that leads to), etc...but not the base model.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Titan18 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:05 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:59 am

C'mon.

You thought that was fast? I had to double check that my settings weren’t on slow motion.

It was a decent play against 6’2 white dudes. Nothing more nothing less.

:trumphuh:
Now you're just boring.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

"Russell and Wilt would be athletic MVP superstars if they played today, even though they had no shooting ability, couldn't dribble with their off hand, never defended the perimeter, and shot a dismal 56% and 51% respectively from the FT line YET the stars from the 90's wouldn't be as good if they played today because the league overall shot 2-3% less from the FT line."

Signed,
The BWGC

:lol: :roll: :L

:verdum: :elidrunk: :elistoned:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Perimeter players didn't have to worry about Bill Russell. Not one little bit. Ask Jerry West.

phpBB [video]
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:45 pm Perimeter players didn't have to worry about Bill Russell. Not one little bit. Ask Jerry West.

phpBB [video]
Clear goaltend. ***

More proof that Bill and company had the refs in pocket.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

"Bill Russell would be an MVP superstar if he played today, but the 90's stars wouldn't be nearly as good."

:verdum: