zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Re: Gilbert Arenas says MJ was on steroids in the ‘90s

Post by zombiesonics »

Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

I love steroids in sports. Only adds to his GOATness.

Should have taken more tbh
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

I was fairly convinced Karl Malone took PEDs.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

MJ also hooked up Pippen with his roid dealer.

AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Gilbert talks too much. He’s gonna get a defamation suit very soon.
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

The same Arenas who said the NBA would be better if they get rid of all the foreign players?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

So Jordan's production got worse in the 90's (when he supposedly used steroids) vs. the 80's, when he was clean??

Is that the argument here?

80's: 32.8 / 6.3 / 6.0 / 2.8 / 1.1 / .516%
90's: 30.3 / 6.2 / 4.9 / 2.2 / 0.7 / .497%

:lol: :roll: :L

Oooookie Dokie then.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:30 pm So Jordan's production got worse in the 90's (when he supposedly used steroids) vs. the 80's, when he was clean??

Oooookie Dokie then.
His production got worse because he lost some of his explosiveness to the hoop, which comes with age. He had to rely more on the mid-range game that he developed and less on his ability to take it to the rim. I was a huge Jordan fan at the time and remember very vividly that he couldn't get to the rim nearly as easily as he could earlier in his career.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:41 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:30 pm So Jordan's production got worse in the 90's (when he supposedly used steroids) vs. the 80's, when he was clean??

Oooookie Dokie then.
His production got worse because he lost some of his explosiveness to the hoop, which comes with age. He had to rely more on the mid-range game that he developed and less on his ability to take it to the rim. I was a huge Jordan fan at the time and remember very vividly that he couldn't get to the rim nearly as easily as he could earlier in his career.
That's true for the 97 and 98 seasons (and the 13 games he played in 95, when he didn't have his conditioning); however from 90 through the 96 season Jordan didn't lose anything on his first-step explosiveness, quickness or hops.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:53 pm

Oooookie Dokie then.
That's true for the 97 and 98 seasons (and the 13 games he played in 95, when he didn't have his conditioning); however from 90 through the 96 season Jordan didn't lose anything on his first-step explosiveness, quickness or hops.
Yes he did. Unquestionably. You live in make believe land. First 3 peat Jordan, it was barely perceptible, but it was very obvious for all of second 3 peat Jordan.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:56 pm

Yes he did. Unquestionably. You live in make believe land. First 3 peat Jordan, it was barely perceptible, but it was very obvious for all of second 3 peat Jordan.
You live in Canada, meatball... so you watched MJ, what, a few times a year.

:lol:

I watched just about every single game the man played, and you're wrong. Jordan's explosiveness / hops first became noticeable during the 1996-97 season. Now sit down and learn something, meatball:

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:28 pm

I watched just about every single game the man played, and you're wrong. Jordan's explosiveness / hops first became noticeable during the 1996-97 season. Now sit down and learn something, meatball:

The vast majority of his games were on WGN, and tons of others were on national broadcasts. I had all of those on cable here and was a much bigger hoops fan than you were. I don't wear rose colored glasses like you can't take off the bridge of your nose.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:37 pm

The vast majority of his games were on WGN, and tons of others were on national broadcasts. I had all of those on cable here and was a much bigger hoops fan than you were. I don't wear rose colored glasses like you can't take off the bridge of your nose.
Never the less, there's a 9 minute video (and MANY others as well) showing proof that Jordan's explosiveness and hops were STILL in prime form during the 95-96 season. As noted it wasn't until the following season when he started to lose it a bit, to where it became noticeable anyway.

In short: TDK is right, as usual.

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:41 pm

Never the less, there's a 9 minute video (and MANY others as well) showing proof that Jordan's explosiveness and hops were STILL in prime form during the 95-96 season. As noted it wasn't until the following season when he started to lose it a bit, to where it became noticeable anyway.

No TDK has confirmation bias, as usual.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:43 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:41 pm

No TDK has confirmation bias, as usual.
Right because some guy relying on his memory from 30+ years ago is more reliable than the actual footage itself.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Someone's performing dropping doesn't mean they weren't on PEDs lol

You have no idea what the counterfactual is in this case.

If he averaged 30/6/5/50% on PEDs, it could have easily been the case (for example) he would average 26/5/4/47% without PEDs.

So PEDs *limited* his drop, but didn't reverse it. Just like you can shove all the PEDs in the world into an 80 year old, and he's going to be worse than any player in the league...he'll just be better than he would have been otherwise.

This is a shocking revelation from someone who played in the league (and thus can't be wrong, because NBA players have huge IQs and don't come into the league through a genetic filter of <1 percent rarity).
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Of course he was on PEDs

"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Arenas has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's triggered. Jealous and has no credibility
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"