Irrefutable evidence/proof why the 90's were better and tougher than today's weak, sissy NBA

Talk about anything here.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Re: Irrefutable evidence/proof why the 90's were better and tougher than today's weak, sissy NBA

Post by Robceltsfan »

You mean they were only 1.4% better than this??? :lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Irrefutable evidence/proof why the 90's were better and tougher than today's weak, sissy NBA

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Robceltsfan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:43 pm You mean they were only 1.4% better than this??? :lol:
Yikes...
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Robceltsfan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:38 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:37 pm
Robceltsfan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:33 pm He was ROUNDING UP you guys!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Precisely... as we ALL do on this board.

73.7 = 74%
73.8% = 74%
73.3% = 73%

Your desperation is not a good look, rob.

8-)
What did you do with the 72.8% from 98-99? Round up to 100%? :lol:
Jordan wasn't playing in 98-99...

Regardless, that 0.1/2% gained from rounding up doesn't change the fact that the FT% difference between the 90's / today is trivial and largely irrelevant, and does nothing to prove the false claim that players today are (allegedly) so much more skilled and talented.

Soft and weak Defense of today by virtue of rules that heavily favor the Offense (as confirmed by the league/coaches/players) merely gives the "illusion" that players's today are so much better. because it's so much easier to Score.

Fact.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

TDK, didn't you go to DePaul?

Did you take like...any (college-level) math class at all?
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

1-2 extra points per game is trivial, y'all! You heard it here first from TDK!!!

Spacing is also created by rules changes, not philosophical changes! TDK again!!!

:lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

The difference between chimp and human DNA is about four percent, for the record.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Once again the BWGC thinks they know more than the League / Players / Coaches themselves, who confirm that today's rules heavily favor the Offense... and even with that damning testimony from the experts, the BWGC thinks that doesN't make it easier for today's Offense/Scoring.

:lol: :roll: :L
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

What rule change allowed players to shoot Free Throws at a better %?

:noidea:
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Robceltsfan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:48 pm 1-2 extra points per game is trivial, y'all! You heard it here first from TDK!!!

Spacing is also created by rules changes, not philosophical changes! TDK again!!!

So 1.3 = 2 now, eh rob?

I'd call you a hypocrite (and a liar because 1.3 doesn't = 2 even by rounding up) but you've got bigger issues if you think you're smarter about today's NBA than the NBA itself.

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:55 pm
Robceltsfan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:48 pm 1-2 extra points per game is trivial, y'all! You heard it here first from TDK!!!

So 1.3 = 2 now, eh rob?

I'd call you a hypocrite (and a liar because 1.3 doesn't = 2 even by rounding up) but you've got bigger issues if you think you're smarter about today's NBA than the NBA itself.

Yeah....because you can't score 1.3 points in a game. So some games it's 1 extra point....and some games it's 2.

Pretty simple math, even for a moron like you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

~George Carlin~
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Robceltsfan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:59 pm

So 1.3 = 2 now, eh rob?

Yeah....because you can't score 1.3 points in a game. So some games it's 1 extra point....and some games it's 2.

"1.3 = 2"

Signed,
Lumpy Rob who thinks he's smarter about the NBA today than the current NBA League/Players/Coaches

:asskicking:

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Robceltsfan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:59 pm

So 1.3 = 2 now, eh rob?

"1.3 = 2"

Signed,
Lumpy Rob who thinks he's smarter about the NBA today than the current NBA League/Players/Coaches

:asskicking:

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Another one

:mjcrying:
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

TDK struggling with basic math.....while rounding 72.8% up to 100%!!!! :lol:

~George Carlin~
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Here's another great video to watch. Great game from MJ....but just count all the touch fouls (leading to free throws) and all the completely wide open jumpers the Cavs allow. Watch how defenders sluff off MJ when he's behind the arc.

ThE NinETiEs wERe BeTteR!!!!

phpBB [video]

~George Carlin~
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

90s defenders gave Prime MJ the 'Washed up Russell Westbrick' treatment when he was behind the 3 pt line lol

Not good!
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:26 am Everything is better. Shooting, shooting from distance, ball movement, defensive rotations, obviously ball handling. You name the facet, and the game has gotten better. When I watch replays of 80s and 90s games now, I'm amazed I found it as enjoyable as it I did at the time. It just pales in comparison to the current product.
If anything. Post play. Maybe. :suds:
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

The BWGC now talking about 3-point shooting in the 90's, when it wasn't a part of the game.

Their desperation has reached new levels ever since the Commissioner, VP of Ops, and several (current) players/coaches exposed today's NBA for being soft and weak.

:sadbron: :sadbron: :sadbron: :sadbron: :sadbron:

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

No rebuttal of the video….just deflection.

Check mate.

~George Carlin~
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Robceltsfan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:31 pm No rebuttal of the video….just deflection.

Check mate.
Arbitrary video clips of one (1) game don't define an entire era/decade AND it most certainly doesn't refute what the current NBA Commissioner, current VP of Ops and several current players/coaches said about today's NBA/Defense being soft and weak.

I noticed that you (among others) repeatedly avoid addressing their words.

Wonder why?

:noidea: