The league better be very afraid...

Talk about anything here.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

The league better be very afraid...

Post by rileymartin »

Strider adding a curveball to his arsenal...

25 years old, and about to take over the world...

:arodtoke: :arodtoke: :arodtoke: :arodtoke: :arodtoke: :arodtoke: :arodtoke:
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: The league better be very afraid...

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

20 Wins with an ERA of almost 4... Nolan Ryan would have had 400+ wins with that kind of Offensive support from his teams.

Sorry dementia, no one is impressed.

:asskicking:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:01 am 20 Wins with an ERA of almost 4... Nolan Ryan would have had 400+ wins with that kind of Offensive support from his teams.

When Nolan Ryan was 24, his ERA was 3,97, he only won 10 games, and he only had 137 strike outs...

Not impressed...Strider is already miles ahead of him you boomer...
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Not impressed
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

rileymartin wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:19 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:01 am 20 Wins with an ERA of almost 4... Nolan Ryan would have had 400+ wins with that kind of Offensive support from his teams.

When Nolan Ryan was 24, his ERA was 3,97, he only won 10 games, and he only had 137 strike outs...

That's my point, fool... Ryan would have won 400+ games if he had the run support Strider had last year. Ryan led the freakin' NL in ERA and ERA+ in 1987 (with 270 SO's in 211 IP) and he won only 8 games.

Strider is an over-rated bum until further notice.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:39 am

That's my point, fool... Ryan would have won 400+ games if he had the run support Strider had last year. Ryan led the freakin' NL in ERA and ERA+ in 1987 (with 270 SO's in 211 IP) and he won only 8 games.

Literally every statistic leans in favor of Strider at the same point in their respective years gramps...He is simply better than Nolan Ryan was at this same age boomer...
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

rileymartin wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:19 pm

Literally every statistic leans in favor of Strider at the same point in their respective years gramps...He is simply better than Nolan Ryan was at this same age boomer...
You must have forgotten to take your meds today because I'm not claiming Ryan is/is not better... I'm saying (for the 3rd time now, so read it s-l-o-w-l-y): If Nolan Ryan had the Run Support that Strider had last year he (Ryan) would have won 400+ games in his career.

Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:16 pm

You must have forgotten to take your meds today because I'm not claiming Ryan is/is not better... I'm saying (for the 3rd time now, so read it s-l-o-w-l-y): If Nolan Ryan had the Run Support that Strider had last year he (Ryan) would have won 400+ games in his career.

I would love to know what kind of records Ryan and Blyleven might have had with the same run support.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Mets to 24y/o Ryan: nah we good fam we like Jim Fregosi better.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

I accept your surrender gramps...
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Da Stars. wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:23 pm

I would love to know what kind of records Ryan and Blyleven might have had with the same run support.
Yup... I forgot about Blyleven, and hell, we could also include Carlton, Sutton, and Phil Niekro as well. They all had a so-so (career) Winning %, yet they all have a career ERA+ that is right on-par with what Strider had last year (115) when he finished with a stellar 20-5 record.

Suffice to say A) all five of those legends would have won 400+ games if they got the run support Strider got last season, and B) no one should be "very afraid" of Strider until he proves he's not a fluke.

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

"...Hey guys, Nolan Ryan reminds me of my glory days back in the 60's when I was young, so he is better than Strider..."

-Drunko

"...Fine, but at this point in their career, Strider is way ahead of him..."

-Voice of Reason

"...I didnt say Ryan was better, just that Bert Blyleven and Phil Neikro didnt get much run support!!!..."

-Drunko

Sober up Gramps, and stay on topic...

:lamontlol: :lamontlol: :lamontlol: :lamontlol: :lamontlol: :lamontlol: :lamontlol: :lamontlol: :lamontlol:
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Riley has definitely run out of his medication... poor old fella.

:lol: :roll: :L

PS: Get back to us "when" Strider proves he's not a fluke. Until then he's nothing but a dime-a-dozen pitcher whose 20 wins last year was based on luck.

:slapping:

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:07 pm Riley has definitely run out of his medication... poor old fella.

:lol: :roll: :L

PS: Get back to us "when" Strider proves he's not a fluke. Until then he's nothing but a dime-a-dozen pitcher whose 20 wins last year was based on luck.

:slapping:
Your surrender is accepted gramps...
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

At age 24 Ryans teams gave him a little over 3 runs for run support. Your boy Strider last year got 6 runs.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Da Stars. wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:43 pm

At age 24 Ryans teams gave him a little over 3 runs for run support. Your boy Strider last year got 6 runs.
Awesome...But. also at the age of 24, Ryan had 137 strikeouts, Strider had 281...Ryan gave up 116 walks, Strider only 58...Ryan had an ERA of 3.97, Strider 3.86...

I could go on, but you get the point...
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Da Stars. wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:23 pm

Bert “be home” Blylevin is one Chris Berman’s best nicknames.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:47 pm Mets to 24y/o Ryan: nah we good fam we like Jim Fregosi better.
Cardinals and Mets should have just done a Nolan Ryan for Steve Carlton trade and everyone would have been fine.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Spring training pitch implementation always equals regular season success. The future is bright in the murder capital of GA.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

5 more innings today...2 hits, no runs, and 9 K's

Be very afraid...