We KNOW Jordan averages 40-45 a game today, but Wilt might have averaged 50

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

We KNOW Jordan averages 40-45 a game today, but Wilt might have averaged 50

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Wilt Chamberlain swishes four 3-point range hook shots in a row!

:shock: :o

"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: We KNOW Jordan averages 40-45 a game today, but Wilt might have averaged 50

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Agreed with the OP.

Wilt is definitely getting at least 50 points.

Also, in today's society with dating apps like Tinder and Bumble, Wilt would break 20,000 within a few years.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

I dunno if any team is letting Wilt get 30 shots a night, which is what he needed when he was doing the 45-50ppg, much less uncontested hook shots from the perimeter.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Wilt putting up 50 is such old news. Like 62 years old.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Wilt said he would have averaged 70 points a game against the "terrible" centers of the 1990s.

A pretty clean example of the "muh era" talk, with everything shifted back a generation or two:

That's what always gets me. This talk takes place pretty much every era. You all didn't learn anything when it was your era/hero getting irrationally shit on by even older heads?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:38 am Wilt said he would have averaged 70 points a game against the "terrible" centers of the 1990s.

A pretty clean example of the "muh era" talk, with everything shifted back a generation or two:

That's what always gets me. This talk takes place pretty much every era. You all didn't learn anything when it was your era/hero getting irrationally shit on by even older heads?
Highly unlikely since he would have had to go up against the hard-nosed, physical Defense of C and PF in/around the paint in a much slower paced era than the one he played in... vs. today's much faster era, where he would literally shoot 100% in/around the wide-open Defenseless paint, or just coast out to the 3-point line untouched, to chuck 3-ball after 3-ball with little to no resistence from the opponent.

PS: How do you figure it's shitting on the "players" of today (LeFraud aside, since he's a disgraceful joke of a man and over-rated on the court) when the reason for the super-easy/soft Era of today is beause of the game itself??? I'm sure most guys today would adapt accordinly IF they were forced to play in the late 80's - 00's (when it was much tougher to Score because of the rules, pace, style of the game, and the physicality that was allowed back then). But alas, it is what it is: The rules/style encorporated today have turned the players into cream puffs.

That's just the truth, and really, that's "shitting on" the league itself not the players, per se.

You take things too personal sometimes... as if you live your life vicariously through these guys.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

The 80s/90s were sissies compared to the alphas of the 60s.

Wilt averaged 50 in the 60s, so 70 is probably a generous estimate.

Wilt played 48+ minutes a game one season. The 80s/90s guys topped out at the low 40s (I guess they needed their precious rest HAHAHAHAHAHAHA).

Point proven. Facts.

Wilt would have averaged 70 a game in 1994. Dream/Shaq/D-Rob might have been in the high 20s, but Wilt would have averaged 70. FACTS.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Wilt might average 50 today but he’d average 70 in the ‘90s.

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:10 am The 80s/90s were sissies compared to the alphas of the 60s.

Wilt averaged 50 in the 60s, so 70 is probably a generous estimate.

Wilt played 48+ minutes a game one season. The 80s/90s guys topped out at the low 40s (I guess they needed their precious rest HAHAHAHAHAHAHA).

Point proven. Facts.

Wilt would have averaged 70 a game in 1994. Dream/Shaq/D-Rob might have been in the high 20s, but Wilt would have averaged 70. FACTS.
There you go taking this personal again.

:L

The Pace in 1994 was 95.1 and teams that year averaged just 84 FGA per game... Wilt averaged 40 FGA in 62, which means he would have had to take just about half his team's shots just to average 50, nevermind 70.

Be sensible for once, will ya?

:roll:

elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:17 am Image
Never happened because no TV. Just like Babe Ruth never hit home runs because of no tv.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:17 am

There you going taking this personal again... lololol.

The Pace in 1994 was 95.1 and teams that year averaged just 84 FGA per game... Wilt averaged 40 FGA in 62, which means he would have had to take just about half his team's shots just to average 50, nevermind 70.

I wasn't even talking about you dude. It has nothing to do with you or me.

These young whippersnappers don't know how sissy things were in the 90s.

Science, easier travel, easier playing burdens all-around, dumb non-thinking centers (see Wilt interview where he lays out an ironclad case about why the centers of the 90s were dumb---his evidence of shaking his head and going "oh my god" is compelling), etc...communism and so on (whatever that means about basketball itself....communism).

Shaq/D-Rob/Dream....25-30 PPG
Wilt 70 PPG.

I don't want to hear about made-up statistics like pace. FACT: Wilt averaged 50 a game. FACT: Shaq topped out at 30. And that's WITH sissy alpha things going on...so logically Wilt averages 70 a game in 1994.

Discuss what that upsets you

:lol:
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:22 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:17 am

There you going taking this personal again... lololol.

I wasn't even talking about you dude. It has nothing to do with you or me.

These young whippersnappers don't know how sissy things were in the 90s.

Science, easier travel, easier playing burdens all-around, dumb non-thinking centers (see Wilt interview where he lays out an ironclad case about why the centers of the 90s were dumb---his evidence of shaking his head and going "oh my god" is compelling), etc...communism and so on (whatever that means about basketball itself....communism).

Shaq/D-Rob/Dream....25-30 PPG
Wilt 70 PPG.

I don't want to hear about made-up statistics like pace. FACT: Wilt averaged 50 a game. FACT: Shaq topped out at 30. And that's WITH sissy alpha things going on...so logically Wilt averages 70 a game in 1994.

Discuss what that upsets you

:lol:
Massive deflection noted... and FTR there is NO QUESTION players in the 60's had it tougher in terms of travel. But that aside the 60's would have been an absolute cakewalk for the Bigs of the 80's/90's considering the typical 60's C shot 40%-45% and stood only about 6'8, 6'9.

Again, be sensible and stop taking this personal... it's not a good look for you.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:40 am

Massive deflection noted... and FTR there is NO QUESTION players in the 60's had it tougher in terms of travel. But that aside the 60's would have been an absolute cakewalk for the Bigs of the 80's/90's considering the typical 60's C shot 40%-45% and stood only about 6'8, 6'9.

Again, be sensible and stop taking this personal... it's not a good look for you.
I'm not taking it personally. I'm educating you young fella lol (that's the word you youngins use, correct?)

I watched this series as it was happening. Notice how Wilt gets knocked into the bleachers on every other layup or dunk attempt? That's because we had a no-layup/dunk rule back then, unlike the 90s where layup lines were considered "defense".

Wilt averaged 50 getting knocked into the stands every other shot...what's he doing against a layup line? 70 points, that's a fact. Alpha male. Sissies. Communism.

Point proven.

xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

Wilt and Jordan are the two best players in NBA history, fairly certain both players would average 50+ in this current pathetic era.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

My opinion is that first 3 peat and younger Jordan could likely average more than he did, in similar conditions. His ridiculous explosiveness and ability to take it to the rack and finish with both hands would play great today even though his outside shooting hadn't developed the way it did later in his career. Second 3 peat and older Jordan would average less than he did, mostly because of his loss of explosiveness and ability to take it to the rim combined with his relative inefficiency from beyond the arc. He just wouldn't get as many shots. Add it all up, and his averages would not be far from what they were.

I think Wilt probably averages less than he did. The game revolved much more around post offense back then, and that simply isn't the case anymore because of how much better teams are at shooting from deep and getting more points per possession with 3 point attempts. He just wouldn't get as many touches.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

elmouse03 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:18 am
Never happened because no TV. Just like Babe Ruth never hit home runs because of no tv.
I am sure everyone at the game, including the people logging the stats, were brainwashed into thinking Wilt got 100...

:) :suds:
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:38 pm
elmouse03 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:18 am
I am sure everyone at the game, including the people logging the stats, were brainwashed into thinking Wilt got 100...

:) :suds:
The stats guys didn't know how to keep stats back then. That's what people on the YouTube have said anyway.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

Old Wilt casually pulls down Shaq with a regular handshake

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

wrong thread post lol
Last edited by Bush4Ever. on Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.