Can someone please explain why today's "superior athletes" need a full 1 week off for the AS break...?

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Can someone please explain why today's "superior athletes" need a full 1 week off for the AS break...?

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Used to be just a 4-day break when the guys were playing all 75-82 games a year and averaging 38-40+ minutes a night... yet today's "vastly superior athletes" (lol) need an entire week off, on top of the load management, minimal back-backs and 3 in 4 nights, while playing 60-70 games and only 34-35 minutes a night.

Why is that?

Anyone?

:noidea:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Re: Can someone please explain why today's "superior athletes" need a full 1 week off for the AS break...?

Post by Shill Jackson »

Obviously, because they aren’t playing in a weak era
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Re: Can someone please explain why today's "superior athletes" need a full 1 week off for the AS break...?

Post by Robceltsfan »

There were 14 NBA seasons from the start of Jordan's career till his "retirement" in 1998.

He played 35,887 minutes in that timeframe.

Lebron, in the 14 NBA seasons after the start of his career played 41,272 minutes.

Now tell me how that makes you feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Shill Jackson wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:16 pm Obviously, because they aren’t playing in a weak era
So playing in an era where no contact is allowed is "easier" than playing in an era where physical contant is legal?

Hmmm... it's clear you never played basketball.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

Bron got it extended to a week
My RAPTURE LETTER to Angergeneral: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129641&p=1841888
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

They're not superior. I'd argue they are inferior from a competitive standpoint.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Because it's high comedy watching Boomers cry about it.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Robceltsfan wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:17 pm There were 14 NBA seasons from the start of Jordan's career till his "retirement" in 1998.

Lebron, in the 14 NBA seasons after the start of his career played 41,272 minutes.

Now tell me how that makes you feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.
Completely irrelevant to the thread, but since you went there:

Jordan: 9 season playing all 82 games / 11 (out of 15) seasons playing 80 or more games
LeFraud: 1 season playing all 82 games / 3 seasons (out of 21) playing 80 or more games

Jordan: 10 (of 15) seasons averaging 38 or more Min per game
LeFraud: 9 (of 21) seasons averaging 38 or more Min per game

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:sadbron:

:mjlaugh:

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

A LOT of deflection from Drunko in the above post.

You didn't refute my VERY CLEAR evidence that Lebron played WAY more minutes than Jordan over the same time period.

GG's my guy!
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

xer0 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:22 pm They're not superior. I'd argue they are inferior from a competitive standpoint.
I know... I'm being facetious.

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Robceltsfan wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:17 pm There were 14 NBA seasons from the start of Jordan's career till his "retirement" in 1998.

Even if you added all of Jordone's collegiate minutes (3,107) to that number, he would still be 2,278 minutes short of LeGOAT lol
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Robceltsfan wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:31 pm A LOT of deflection from Drunko in the above post.

You didn't refute my VERY CLEAR evidence that Lebron played WAY more minutes than Jordan over the same time period.

GG's my guy!
Duh... he played more minutes because in your cherry-picked range MJ missed nearly 2 full seasons (1 to injury and 1 to retirement).

Jordan: 38.3 min for his career / 9 season playing all 82 games / 11 playing 80 or more
LeFraud: 38.0 min for his career / 1 season playing all 82 games / 3 seasons playing 80 or more

LeFraud finishes in Second Place... yet again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

They don't "need" it.

They are superior athletes who *received* it because they had to courage to fight for better conditions, instead of rolling over like a cuck, like Jordan did against Stern and the league office.

Silver is petrified of Lebron. Stern owned Jordan.

That's the difference
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:43 pm

Even if you added all of Jordone's collegiate minutes (3,107) to that number, he would still be 2,278 minutes short of LeGOAT lol
When you play Defense for only half your career (like LeFraud), you can extend your years because you're only exerting half the energy, which means half the wear-tear on your body vs. a player (like Jordan) who went all-out on Offense and Defense his entire career.

Not that hard of a concept to comprehend... UNLESS you never played basketball, which seems to be the case with all you LeTots.

In either case MJ averaged more Min per game than LeFraud, he played 80 or more games in 75% of his 15 seasons (vs. 15% for LeFraud) and all 82 games 60% of the time vs. just 5% for LeFraud.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:sadbron:

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:12 pm They don't "need" it.

They are superior athletes who *received* it because they had to courage to fight for better conditions, instead of rolling over like a cuck, like Jordan did against Stern and the league office.

Silver is petrified of Lebron. Stern owned Jordan.

That's the difference
Stupid post for too many reasons to name...

:L

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:15 pm

Facts are facts.

You might not LIKE where Lebron led things, but there's no question who is running the NBA now.

In Jordan's day, Stern cracked the whip, and Jordan submitted and obeyed.

I was simply answering your question.

The break isn't NEEDED. It was GIVEN by the league out of pure fear of Lebron, a fear Stern didn't have of Jordan.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

AlaskaHawks wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:28 pm Because it's high comedy watching Boomers cry about it.
I was pissed when the Stars were off for a week. But not for the same reason.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:17 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:15 pm

Facts are facts.
Correct, and here are the facts: Silver is a gutless coward for allowing the inmate to run the asylum, while LeFraud is a pussy for pushing to extend the AS break. Stern wasn't a coward, and MJ wasn't a pussy.

Back to the drawing board for you, bush-league.

:slapping:

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I'm not even arguing it's a good thing.

I'm simply pointing out that Lebron shoved around Silver, while Jordan meekly submitted to Stern.

If Jordan could have fought for longer breaks, he absolutely would have, considering he took a huge break in his 2nd year, and again after the 1993 season. He clearly wasn't opposed to long breaks as a concept. He COULDN'T do it because he was SCARED of Stern.

Lebron did what Jordan was too petrified to even attempt to do.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

They should honestly just name All-Stars but have no game or event related to it, but they won't because $.

Unless someone comes up with some better ideas, does anyone actually care about the ASG or any of the events like the dunk or 3 point contest? I certainly don't.

Just have it be a small break for the players.