That was a quick-ending "GOAT" claim for Brady

Talk about anything here.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: That was a quick-ending "GOAT" claim for Brady

Post by kobeunderbite »

Da Stars. wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:43 pm Think about like this. Brady lost to Eli Manning twice. Carson Wentz.

Eli is a hall of famer you old bitch
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:57 pm
Da Stars. wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:43 pm Think about like this. Brady lost to Eli Manning twice. Carson Wentz.

Eli is a hall of famer you old bitch
They'll probably have a little plaque under Peyton's that says Peyton's little brother with a tiny Eli in quotes.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Jesus Christ Stars
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Are you enjoying yourself, Bush?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:04 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:00 pm
When did I say Montana was "overwhelmingly superior" to Mahomes, fool?
Thank you for submitting, bending the knee, and running away from your position in fear.

I'm satisfied enough with that. I don't care about football AND I was just talking out of my ass when I said Mahomes leaves Montana in the dust because I know I have no real Football knowledge.

Fixed it for you...
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

elmouse03 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:32 pm
Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:53 am I will say both Brady and Mahomes leave Montana in the dust though.

Today's kickers are on par with the size/strength of most linebackers of the 1980s, and Montana did essentially nothing once he left the protective cocoon of San Fran.
Didn't Montana take the chiefs to the AFC championship game in his first year?
Yes he did... but bush already admitted he knows nothing about Football, so we must excuse his ignorance on the topic.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

In his first year in KC, Montana went 9 for 23 in the biggest game of the year before having to leave to injury.

Amazing how "Joe Cool" became a complete choke artist the *second* he left the superteam(s) in SF.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

lettherebehouse wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:29 pm Are you enjoying yourself, Bush?
I've always said Brady is not the GOAT.

I'm entitled to a victory lap over being proven right.

I would have done it quietly, but TDK and the Brady Brigade got crazy. I can't help that.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

I don’t think there’s an argument for anyone other than mahomes at this point, or at least putting him in the same tier. Eye test and comparing numbers for the first 7 seasons of their careers both favor mahomes. You can say Brady had a greater career if you want, but mahomes is the better qb. It’s weird to me that TDK stans a player with a short but dominant career over players with longevity and dominant careers in basketball, but does the opposite when it comes to football.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

wailuaFC wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:06 pm I don’t think there’s an argument for anyone other than mahomes at this point, or at least putting him in the same tier. Eye test and comparing numbers for the first 7 seasons of their careers both favor mahomes. You can say Brady had a greater career if you want, but mahomes is the better qb. It’s weird to me that TDK stans a player with a short but dominant career over players with longevity and dominant careers in basketball, but does the opposite when it comes to football.
Again, my opinion is that Mahomes has not accomplished enough (at this point in his career) to rank him ahead of Montana (or Brady) on the All Time list... and he hasn't. That's a fact. If you / anyone else want to argue which player accomplished more based on their first 7 years in the league that's fine, but that's not my argument.

Jordan accomplished MORE from an overall career perspective (in 11 "full" seasons with the Bulls) than LeBron or Jabbar accomplished in their 21/20 year careers. Mahomes, on the other hand, has not accomplished more in 7 years than Montana/Brady accomplished in their 15/23 year careers.

That's the difference.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Brady has a 20x advantage over Montana on accumulated accomplishment and a 3x advantage in skill/ability.
Mahomes is essentially equal to Montana on *meaningful* accumulated accomplishment (taking into account teammate and league quality), and 20x the advantage in skill/ability.

Montana has absolutely no claim to any category win, let alone a total claim to GOAT status in football. FFS, he wasn't even the best player on his own team lol.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

"Mahomes leaves Montana in the dust".

Signed,
Some bush-league troll with zero (0) football knowledge

Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

He’s catching Brady but not yet. Niners mistakes won that game for the chiefs. Should have been won by San Fran in regulation if not for some big breaks
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Mahomes started 20 games this year. He threw for 3 TD's or more just twice this entire season including playoffs. He did it 9 times last season. He threw for 300 or more yards five times this season. He did it 11 times last season. Even in the playoffs this year he played in 4 games and threw 6 TD's. This was Mahomes worst statistical season (part of that is because a few of his receiver's suck).

All that anyone will really remember in the end is that he won another Super Bowl and gets it done when it matters. But KC averaged just 21.8 points per game in the regular season. The defense carried them the majority of the year.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

manchild98 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:15 pm Mahomes started 20 games this year. He threw for 3 TD's or more just twice this entire season including playoffs. He did it 9 times last season. He threw for 300 or more yards five times this season. He did it 11 times last season. Even in the playoffs this year he played in 4 games and threw 6 TD's. This was Mahomes worst statistical season (part of that is because a few of his receiver's suck).

All that anyone will really remember in the end is that he won another Super Bowl and gets it done when it matters. But KC averaged just 21.8 points per game in the regular season. The defense carried them the majority of the year.
I actually agree with the highlighted statement in particular.

It's almost the opposite of the year that KC lost to Tampa Bay in the Super Bowl.

No defense, all offense.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

You know who's really looking foolish right now? Tyreek Hill for leaving the chiefs.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Pretty amazing that in 3 superbowl wins the Chiefs have 0 offensive holding penalties.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

AlaskaHawks wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:11 pm Pretty amazing that in 3 superbowl wins the Chiefs have 0 offensive holding penalties.
:refs:
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

AlaskaHawks wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:11 pm Pretty amazing that in 3 superbowl wins the Chiefs have 0 offensive holding penalties.
And watching their lineman tackle Bosa and choke hold him during the game, crazy how the zebras won’t call anything on them.