G.O.A.T.

Your dunk contest participants

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Where have you gone, Vince & AG :L
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Re: Your dunk contest participants

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

The nba all star weekend has sunk to a new low.
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Who are the actual participants? This can't be real. lol no wonder the home run derby does like double the ratings of this shitshow
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:43 pm Where have you gone, Vince & AG :L

JJJ has a 39.5 inch vertical.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

lol, this has turned into a joke.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

As sad as it is, Brown has to be the biggest name to compete in years right? Ain’t it normally 3 bench players and a G leaguer?
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Post by Uncontroversial »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:43 pm Where have you gone, Vince & AG :L
is this the guy on the right?

Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Titan18 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:31 pm As sad as it is, Brown has to be the biggest name to compete in years right? Ain’t it normally 3 bench players and a G leaguer?
Dwight was in it 2020 but was such a fraction of his prime he didn't even make it out of the first round.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Titan18 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:31 pm As sad as it is, Brown has to be the biggest name to compete in years right? Ain’t it normally 3 bench players and a G leaguer?
Yea I had the same thought.

Besides Mac McClung the GOAT.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

They need to mandate that at least 2 dunk contest participants each be from the all star team selections for each conference. East puts up 2, west puts up 2. This way we can relive the 80’s and the early 90’s.
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Wait what? The Osceola Magic?
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

J3 fixin to dominate
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Not sure what's worse: A slam-dunk contest where today's "far superior" athletes (lol) get 100 tries to make a dunk OR the actual AS game itself, where both teams do nothing but sprint up-down the court chuckin' 3-point bombs at a 30% clip.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Man, how far the NBA has fallen. What a shame too... but then again,anything "woke" is doomed to failure.

:sadbron:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Junior High students are doing dunks in 2024 that would have won dunk contests in the 80s/90s NBA.

It's trivial to make a dunk when jaws drop over a dunk where you turn your body slightly and stick out your tongue.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:54 pm Junior High students are doing dunks in 2024 that would have won dunk contests in the 80s/90s NBA.

It's trivial to make a dunk when jaws drop over a dunk where you turn your body slightly and stick out your tongue.
Let’s not go too stupid with our posts. Junior high kids aren’t winning a fucking thing but today’s all star dunks aren’t hardly winning back then at all either.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Deez wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:39 pm
Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:54 pm Junior High students are doing dunks in 2024 that would have won dunk contests in the 80s/90s NBA.

Let’s not go too stupid with our posts. Junior high kids aren’t winning a fucking thing but today’s all star dunks aren’t hardly winning back then at all either.
There are definitely junior high students (and certainly high school, if you think that's exaggerated) who can replicate all the various tomahawk and windmill power dunks Dominique did that everyone ooed and aahed over at the time. Seriously, go back and look at those dunks. There's almost zero creativity in any of them.

The dunk contest is starting to run its course though for sure. I think the sweet spot might have been the early 00s, but I could be wrong.

I think the dunk contest should have shifted to street dunkers with the NBA sponsoring. Maybe do an invite for eight street dunkers and have them go at it. I known I've seen street dunkers do much better dunks than what I saw this years and most post-LaVine/Gordon years.