Lakers win by one (1) point with YUUGE assist of TWENTY THREE (23) FT's in 4th Quarter!!

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Lakers win by one (1) point with YUUGE assist of TWENTY THREE (23) FT's in 4th Quarter!!

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Raptors were only granted 13 FT's (to a whopping 36 for the Lakers) despite both teams having virtually the same shot-selection: ie; it's not like LA took 75% of their shots amongst Big Men in/around the paint, like back in the 80's - 00's (lol - like we ever see that nowadays) while the Raptors were chuckin' wide-open jumpers 75% of the time.

Raptors coach Darko Rajakovic went completely ballistic... AND justifiably so, too:

https://www.espn.com/nba/recap/_/gameId/401585144

“It's outrageous. What happened tonight, this is completely B.S.," Rajakovic said. "This is shame. Shame for the referees. Shame for the league to allow this. Twenty-three free throws for them, and we get two free throws in the fourth quarter? Like, how to play the game? I understand respect for All-Stars and all that, but we have star players on our team as well.

“How (is it) possible that Scottie Barnes, who is All-Star-caliber player in this league, he goes every single time to the rim with force and trying to get to the rim without flopping and not trying to get foul calls, he gets two free throws for a whole game?” Rajakovic added, slapping the table repeatedly for emphasis. "How is that possible? How are you going to explain that to me?”

“They had to win tonight? If that’s the case, just let us know, so we don’t show up for the game,” Rajakovic said. “Just give them a win. But that was not fair tonight. And this is not happening first time for us. Scottie Barnes is gonna be (an) All-Star. He’s gonna be the face of this league, and what’s happening over here during whole season … it’s complete crap.”

Objectively speaking I would have to concur with Rajakovic... a 23-2 FT disparity in the 4th Quarter!?!?!?

Wow... and this wasn't even a LePlayoff game either!

So like, yeah... how the hell can that be justified, except to admit that the China-loving NBA is working behind-the-scenes for LeCommie and the Lakers?

:noidea:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Lakers win by one (1) point with YUUGE assist of TWENTY THREE (23) FT's in 4th Quarter!!

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:00 am “How (is it) possible that Scottie Barnes, who is All-Star-caliber player in this league....

And this is not happening first time for us. Scottie Barnes is gonna be (an) All-Star. He’s gonna be the face of this league
WHO?

:mjlaugh:
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Re: Lakers win by one (1) point with YUUGE assist of TWENTY THREE (23) FT's in 4th Quarter!!

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

The betting sponsorships is making the NBA all but unwatchable now. Every third commercial is for a betting app and even "the worldwide leader in sports" network has a betting app attached.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

What is this, 2002?

Am I right?

*crickets*
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Interesting note about Scottie Barnes... as Coach Rajakovic said, he went to the basket all night (and indeed he did, taking 11 of his 20 shots in the paint) yet he got to the FT line twice. Meanwhile LeCommie took just 9 paint shots and went to the line 6 times, while AD also took 9 shots in the paint yet he got 14 FT's.

Definite BIG TIME rigging for LeLakers in this game.

:sadbron: :sadbron:
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:10 am What is this, 2002?

Am I right?

*crickets*
Why are you always trolling and ruining good threads?

You're almost as bad as artman.

Sheesh!

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:06 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:00 am “How (is it) possible that Scottie Barnes, who is All-Star-caliber player in this league....

And this is not happening first time for us. Scottie Barnes is gonna be (an) All-Star. He’s gonna be the face of this league
WHO?

:mjlaugh:

He'd be the best player on the Magic.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:16 am

Sheesh!
I was referencing the 2002 WCFs Game 6 conspiracy, which had the same dynamic/numbers.

Relax
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:18 am

Sheesh!
I was referencing the 2002 WCFs Game 6 conspiracy, which had the same dynamic/numbers.

Relax
Eh... you didn't catch my sarcasm.

:L

kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

That's good, aggressive basketball. Lakers baby
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Hol up... the tallest player on the Raptors roster is a 6'9" forward, and all of the starters are 6'8" or shorter?

Dang, it's a real mystery as to why Anthony Davis had 14 FTAs!

:haha2:
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:34 am Hol up... the tallest player on the Raptors roster is a 6'9" forward, and all of the starters are 6'8" or shorter?

23 vs. 2 in the 4th Quarter... that's no mystery, that's blatant rigging.

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:47 am
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:34 am Hol up... the tallest player on the Raptors roster is a 6'9" forward, and all of the starters are 6'8" or shorter?

Why would that have to be rigging?

Are you saying it's not possible that a 15-22 team whose tallest player is 6'9" couldn't possibly foul a bunch on a much bigger team while not getting fouled themselves?
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Five intentional fouls while in the bonus, one flagrant foul, and an obvious moving screen all in the last four minutes. Watching the game provides context
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

wailuaFC wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:12 pm Five intentional fouls while in the bonus, one flagrant foul, and an obvious moving screen all in the last four minutes. Watching the game provides context
I must be dreaming. Or is this an FC sighting. Nice to see you young man. :suds:
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Da Stars. wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:19 pm
wailuaFC wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:12 pm Five intentional fouls while in the bonus, one flagrant foul, and an obvious moving screen all in the last four minutes. Watching the game provides context
I must be dreaming. Or is this an FC sighting. Nice to see you young man. :suds:
Happy to see you my friend
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

wailuaFC wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:30 pm
Da Stars. wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:19 pm
Happy to see you my friend
Sent you a message young man. Great to see you on here. I hope it's not a quick "hit and run".
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:22 am
Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:18 am

Sheesh!

Relax
Eh... you didn't catch my sarcasm.

:L
No, you didn't catch his and now are pretending otherwise.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:59 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:47 am

Why would that have to be rigging?

Are you saying it's not possible that a 15-22 team whose tallest player is 6'9" couldn't possibly foul a bunch on a much bigger team while not getting fouled themselves?
Anything is possible I suppose, but heading into the 4th the Lakers held a meager 13-11 edge in FT's... so it look extremely suspicious for that disparity to suddenly skyrocket to a 23 - 2 Lakers edge over the next 12 minutes.

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Wailua in the building!!!

How about Messi getting that World Cup!?!?