Has Chet lapped Banchero as the best player from the '22 Draft?

Talk about anything here.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Has Chet lapped Banchero as the best player from the '22 Draft?

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Chet can hit threes, plays elite-level defense, and has already caught up to Banchero in win shares/defensive win shares despite missing a season.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Re: Has Chet lapped Banchero as the best player from the '22 Draft?

Post by Titan18 »

Too bad Karl doesn’t post here anymore. Would love to see his excitement over Chet winning ROY
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

It's a real debate that probably favors Chet now but his health will worry me until he proves he can play a few seasons in a row without big injury.

That's where Paolo has an argument.

I think if you could guarantee health most teams would prefer Chet.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

One is the main option seeing double and triple teams nightly and doesn't benefit from playing next to an mvp candidate that draws all oponents defensive attention and drafted to an already playoff team. The other one is chet
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:41 pm Chet can hit threes, plays elite-level defense, and has already caught up to Banchero in win shares/defensive win shares despite missing a season.
Paolo hits 3s at 38% this season. His shot is solid and automatic mid range too. And plays D and not 7 feet tall

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:47 pm It's a real debate that probably favors Chet now but his health will worry me until he proves he can play a few seasons in a row without big injury.

I disagree highly

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

elartman1973 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:10 pm
PhutureDynasty wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:47 pm It's a real debate that probably favors Chet now but his health will worry me until he proves he can play a few seasons in a row without big injury.

I disagree highly
That's fine.

I understand where you're coming from.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

I think Phuture nailed it. If Chet stays healthy, there is no one who knows anything about hoops who takes Banchero over him. He just brings that much more to the table. That isn't a big slight to Banchero. There aren't many guys in the league under 24 that anyone would take over Chet right now if you knew he would stay healthy. He just brings so much to the table.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:35 pm
elartman1973 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:10 pm

I disagree highly
That's fine.

I understand where you're coming from.
And it also has a lot to do with more than just numbers.

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:37 pm I think Phuture nailed it. If Chet stays healthy, there is no one who knows anything about hoops who takes Banchero over him. He just brings that much more to the table. That isn't a big slight to Banchero. There aren't many guys in the league under 24 that anyone would take over Chet right now if you knew he would stay healthy. He just brings so much to the table.
Like what?
What does he bring that banchero doesnt that overshadows what banchero brings that chet doesnt?

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Chet is a bit of a unicorn Artie. Don't get your panties in a twist because he is logically a better player than Banchero.

He does everything at a near elite level already, and he's a rookie. His shooting is elite. His total shooting percentage is 65.8% which is absolutely elite. Banchero is very good at 55.2%, but that is a big gulf.

He's 7'1" and can put it on the deck, pass, finish and shoots it better than guards. He's already very aware defensively and a natural shot blocker. He's blocking damn near 3 shots a game as it is.

For a rookie, he's a good passer who doesn't turn it over much and situationally aware with a high basketball IQ. For a rookie, that is extremely impressive.

He's got Jokic type of potential to dominate from the high post. Because he is so tall with long limbs, he can shoot from almost anywhere with little risk of it being blocked and can see over defenders to make plays.

Because SGA has the ball so much, I think it hides a bit what Chet can do. If he were given the keys to the kingdom a little more, the numbers would be even better. The totals would all go up. There would be some decline in efficiency, but it is so high right now that who cares?
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:49 pm Chet is a bit of a unicorn Artie. Don't get your panties in a twist because he is logically a better player than Banchero.

He does everything at a near elite level already, and he's a rookie. His shooting is elite. His total shooting percentage is 65.8% which is absolutely elite. Banchero is very good at 55.2%, but that is a big gulf.

He's 7'1" and can put it on the deck, pass, finish and shoots it better than guards. He's already very aware defensively and a natural shot blocker. He's blocking damn near 3 shots a game as it is.

For a rookie, he's a good passer who doesn't turn it over much and situationally aware with a high basketball IQ. For a rookie, that is extremely impressive.

He's got Jokic type of potential to dominate from the high post. Because he is so tall with long limbs, he can shoot from almost anywhere with little risk of it being blocked and can see over defenders to make plays.

Because SGA has the ball so much, I think it hides a bit what Chet can do. If he were given the keys to the kingdom a little more, the numbers would be even better. The totals would all go up. There would be some decline in efficiency, but it is so high right now that who cares?
Paolos not a center so fg% is not really a valid comparison. Paolos been running the offense and faces double and triple teams all game long. Also gets to the line more and forces more foul issues for opponents. He's a lebron/melo hybrid but bigger and stronger. He can play finesse and also plays bullying ball...something chet can't do. And his passing is solid as is his D.
He's the main option . And it's about more than numbers. He's doing thibgs a 2nd year player has no business being capable of doing unless hes a generational talent.
Paolo averages more assists and more points and has had to carry a team missing multiple key players every game. I don't think you've been paying attention. Chet has not surpassed

kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Bachero has the same skillset as so many other players, he's dime a dozen. Chet is a special talent. This one's not close.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

kobeunderbite wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:14 pm Bachero has the same skillset as so many other players, he's dime a dozen. Chet is a special talent. This one's not close.
Lolol

You've DEFINITELY not watched him play

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I like how in other threads discussing the alleged "super depth" of the Magic, Paolo was just one of many and not at all the main option or focal point, and now that the discussion is Paolo vs. a player he's the main option who is triple-teamed on every play, having to fight miles uphill every game

And his TS+ is 95. We aren't talking about raw FG percentage where Rudy Gobert type players thrive on shooting nothing but bunnies all day...we are talking about everything all-in.

And Paolo is mediocre in terms of efficiency. He's above-average to some degree on threes, but that's cancelled out and more by his relative futility from the line and 2s.
Last edited by Bush4Ever. on Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

elartman1973 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:11 pm
vcsgrizzfan wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:49 pm Chet is a bit of a unicorn Artie. Don't get your panties in a twist because he is logically a better player than Banchero.

Paolos not a center so fg% is not really a valid comparison. Paolos been running the offense and faces double and triple teams all game long. Also gets to the line more and forces more foul issues for opponents. He's a lebron/melo hybrid but bigger and stronger. He can play finesse and also plays bullying ball...something chet can't do. And his pasting is solid as is his D.
He's the main option . And it's about more than numbers.
Paolo averages more assists and more points and has had to carry a team missing multiple key players every game. I don't think you've been paying attention. Chet has not surpassed
Of course FG% matters ya retard. Chet is better from 2, from 3 and from the line. He is absolutely elite. If he were only taking 5 shots a game, then who cares. But he's scoring 18 a game and taking a dozen shots so that efficiency is not just 3 dunks a game. It matters. More than a third of his field goal attempts are 3s and he is making them at around 41%. That's gold.

The reason you don't like my answer is because you think it's a slight on Paolo. It's not. There are damn few guys who have the potential to be true franchise players like he does.

Like I said in my earlier post, I can see him becoming a lot like Jokic where he plays a lot in the high post and scores uber efficiently while being a top tier playmaker. He can become a screen and roll nightmare. A big who can pop the 3 at a crazy rate, or can put it on the deck to finish or pass. Maybe not the passer that Jokic has turned into, but well above average. Guys like that are really special.

Anyways, we aren't going to agree Artie, and I'm going to leave it at that.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Honest, if Chet was named Larry, Jerry, or some kind of European name he'd be a top 3 player TODAY.

He's doing all this despite being named Chet.

That speaks volumes
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:29 pm
elartman1973 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:11 pm

Paolos not a center so fg% is not really a valid comparison. Paolos been running the offense and faces double and triple teams all game long. Also gets to the line more and forces more foul issues for opponents. He's a lebron/melo hybrid but bigger and stronger. He can play finesse and also plays bullying ball...something chet can't do. And his pasting is solid as is his D.
He's the main option . And it's about more than numbers.
Of course FG% matters ya retard. Chet is better from 2, from 3 and from the line. He is absolutely elite. If he were only taking 5 shots a game, then who cares. But he's scoring 18 a game and taking a dozen shots so that efficiency is not just 3 dunks a game. It matters. More than a third of his field goal attempts are 3s and he is making them at around 41%. That's gold.

The reason you don't like my answer is because you think it's a slight on Paolo. It's not. There are damn few guys who have the potential to be true franchise players like he does.

Like I said in my earlier post, I can see him becoming a lot like Jokic where he plays a lot in the high post and scores uber efficiently while being a top tier playmaker. He can become a screen and roll nightmare. A big who can pop the 3 at a crazy rate, or can put it on the deck to finish or pass. Maybe not the passer that Jokic has turned into, but well above average. Guys like that are really special.

Anyways, we aren't going to agree Artie, and I'm going to leave it at that.
23ppg>> 17ppg
Walk it off
Paolo isn't just a playmaker, guy. He runs the whole shit.
Chet could never

As for the health issue....chets already missed an entire season..pretending he hasn't all of a sudden as if it's nothing is absolutely ridiculous.
So no. Has definitely not caught up

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

The fans like Chet more than Benchero also lol

You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:33 pm The fans like Chet more than Benchero also lol

Ones hyped and ones ignored