How many rings could Tom Brady have had with competent coaching?

Talk about anything here.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

How many rings could Tom Brady have had with competent coaching?

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Now that it has been established that Belichick is a fraud coach who can't coach beyond Pop Warner leagues, how many rings do you think the GOAT Brady could have won with better coaching. I put the over/under at 10. What say you?
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Re: How many rings could Tom Brady have had with competent coaching?

Post by Robceltsfan »

Just so everyone is clear as to what we're talking about:

In 10 seasons without Tom Brady on the roster, Bill Belichek went 70-93 with ONE total playoff victory.

In 19 seasons with Tom Brady on the roster, Bill Belichek went 232-68 with SIX Superbowl vitories.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Why would someone troll on a Tom Brady topic?

Seems like a pointless waste of time, IMO.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Undefeated. at least 17.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Da Stars. wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:41 pm Undefeated. at least 17.
Interesting opinion. But that's definitely too high. I'm sticking with 10.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:47 pm
Da Stars. wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:41 pm Undefeated. at least 17.
Interesting opinion. But that's definitely too high. I'm sticking with 10.
My opinion is fact and dont you forgit. :lol: :lol: :lol: :suds: :suds: :suds:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Super Bowl rings separate from one another (which is what matters most in football).

Tom Brady - 1

Bill Belichick - 2

Checkmate
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:14 pm Super Bowl rings separate from one another (which is what matters most in football).

Tom Brady - 1

Bill Belichick - 2

Checkmate
Assistant coach rings under a truly good head coach (Parcells) don't count. Sooooo, Brady 1, Bill Belichick 0. An infinite difference.

Bill has had a ton of head coaching seasons without Brady to prove what type of head coach he is. Sadly, he sucks.

It is what it is.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:28 pm
PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:14 pm Super Bowl rings separate from one another (which is what matters most in football).

Tom Brady - 1

Bill Belichick - 2

Checkmate
Assistant coach rings under a truly good head coach (Parcells) don't count. Sooooo, Brady 1, Bill Belichick 0. An infinite difference.

Bill has had a ton of head coaching seasons without Brady to prove what type of head coach he is. Sadly, he sucks.

It is what it is.
If you're so easily able to dismiss him being a coordinator than I am able to easily dismiss the mediocre at best rosters Bill has had as a HC without Brady.

So now we're back to basic math which is that 2 is greater than a measly 1.

:arnold:
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:33 pm

Tom Brady - 1

Bill Belichick - 2

Checkmate

It is what it is.
If you're so easily able to dismiss him being a coordinator than I am able to easily dismiss the mediocre at best rosters Bill has had as a HC without Brady.

ah no. The sample size for fraud Billy without Brady is 163 games with a record of 70-93. That is 10 full freaking seasons. He just sucks without the GOAT.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:38 pm
PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:33 pm

It is what it is.

ah no. The sample size for fraud Billy without Brady is 163 games with a record of 70-93. That is 10 full freaking seasons. He just sucks without the GOAT.
Oh but yes, my friend.

I learned way back in kindergarten, maybe even earlier, about basic arithmetic.

z
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Also, Bill's coaching career lasted longer than Brady's playing career.

That is the ultimate checkmate of epic proportions.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

I think the better question is: How many SB's does Tom Brady win if he played in Joe Montana's day, when the QB's weren't pampered and coddled like a baby the way they were/are in Brady's day?

:noidea:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:07 pm I think the better question is: How many SB's does Tom Brady win if he played in Joe Montana's day, when the QB's weren't pampered and coddled like a baby the way they were/are in Brady's day?

5-7
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:07 pm I think the better question is: How many SB's does Tom Brady win if he played in Joe Montana's day, when the QB's weren't pampered and coddled like a baby the way they were/are in Brady's day?

I honestly don't dislike Tom Brady at all and I feel like I being unbiased when I say he'd probably get 1 or 2 rings in that era.

That's reasonable.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

How many would he have if they didn't spy on their opponents and deflate footballs?
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

Robceltsfan wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:10 pm

5-7
Dream on. Those championship NFC teams all had better defenses than the AFC teams.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Da Stars. wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:38 pm

5-7
Dream on. Those championship NFC teams all had better defenses than the AFC teams.
More like a dozen. He's so far superior to the guys of that era, it's ridiculous.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

5-7
Highly unlikely, given the fact that in Brady's day he could sit in the pocket all day and not worry about a 250-pound LB running full speeed, leading helmet-first, driving him straight into the ground, and then landing right on top of him for good measure.

In other words there is a HUGE advantage with respect to the mindset of a QB who knows he's protected and coddled vs. playing with the fear of knowing after any given snap he could very easily be carted off in a stretcher... and that mindset can't help but translate into higher QB Efficiency, leading to better production and more Wins.

Oh, and God forbid you put Brady on an 80's team with a horrible Offensive Line!!! Feeeeerget about it! He'd be so scared he'd have to change his drawers 5-6 times a game.

:lol:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:47 pm

5-7
Highly unlikely, given the fact that in Brady's day he could sit in the pocket all day and not worry about a 250-pound LB running full speeed, leading helmet-first, driving him straight into the ground, and then landing right on top of him for good measure.

In other words there is a HUGE advantage with respect to the mindset of a QB who knows he's protected and coddled vs. playing with the fear of knowing after any given snap he could very easily be carted off in a stretcher... and that mindset can't help but translate into higher QB Efficiency, leading to better production and more Wins.

Oh, and God forbid you put Brady on an 80's team with a horrible Offensive Line!!! Feeeeerget about it! He'd be so scared he'd have to change his drawers 5-6 times a game.

:lol:
Brady has led the league in time to throw many times. Even as an old man with slower reflexes, he led the league at 2.45 seconds in 2022.