How many rings could Tom Brady have had with competent coaching?

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: How many rings could Tom Brady have had with competent coaching?

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:54 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:47 pm
Robceltsfan wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:10 pm

5-7
Highly unlikely, given the fact that in Brady's day he could sit in the pocket all day and not worry about a 250-pound LB running full speeed, leading helmet-first, driving him straight into the ground, and then landing right on top of him for good measure.

In other words there is a HUGE advantage with respect to the mindset of a QB who knows he's protected and coddled vs. playing with the fear of knowing after any given snap he could very easily be carted off in a stretcher... and that mindset can't help but translate into higher QB Efficiency, leading to better production and more Wins.

Oh, and God forbid you put Brady on an 80's team with a horrible Offensive Line!!! Feeeeerget about it! He'd be so scared he'd have to change his drawers 5-6 times a game.

:lol:
Brady has led the league in time to throw many times. Even as an old man with slower reflexes, he led the league at 2.45 seconds in 2022.
2.45 knowing you're pampered and protected vs. 2.45 seconds OR ELSE I'm going to get flattened like a pancake. That makes a HUGE difference in the mindset of a QB, which impacts their performance / efficiency for the better or worse... similar to LeBron driving the lane for a "monster jam" when all the Bigs are on the perimeter vs. Jordan driving the lane with Mahorn, Laimbeer, Mason or Oakley waiting to clotheline his head off.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:12 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:47 pm

Highly unlikely, given the fact that in Brady's day he could sit in the pocket all day and not worry about a 250-pound LB running full speeed, leading helmet-first, driving him straight into the ground, and then landing right on top of him for good measure.

In other words there is a HUGE advantage with respect to the mindset of a QB who knows he's protected and coddled vs. playing with the fear of knowing after any given snap he could very easily be carted off in a stretcher... and that mindset can't help but translate into higher QB Efficiency, leading to better production and more Wins.

Oh, and God forbid you put Brady on an 80's team with a horrible Offensive Line!!! Feeeeerget about it! He'd be so scared he'd have to change his drawers 5-6 times a game.

Brady has led the league in time to throw many times. Even as an old man with slower reflexes, he led the league at 2.45 seconds in 2022.
2.45 knowing you're pampered and protected vs. 2.45 seconds OR ELSE I'm going to get flattened like a pancake. That makes a HUGE difference in the mindset of a QB, which impacts their performance / efficiency for the better or worse... similar to LeBron driving the lane for a "monster jam" when all the Bigs are on the perimeter vs. Jordan driving the lane with Mahorn, Laimbeer, Mason or Oakley waiting to clotheline his head off.
Once again, you can't see past your biases. Part of what made Brady so great is his ability to make a decision fast and execute extremely quickly. That translates in any era. He had plenty of years with wobbly offensive lines, both in New England and in Tampa. He just played accordingly.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:14 pm

Once again, you can't see past your biases. Part of what made Brady so great is his ability to make a decision fast and execute extremely quickly. That translates in any era.
...until he's flattened like a pancake by a helmet-first leading LB, and left lying on the ground dazed and confused counting all the little birdies flying around his head, or gets carted off in a stretcher for the first or second time. THEN the mindset changes just a wee bit to where you start rushing your passes, leaving the pocket too soon (ie; running/scrambling wasn't Brady's strong suit), or commiting other mental errors that otherwise wouldn't have happened if you KNEW you were protected and pampered.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:27 pm

Once again, you can't see past your biases. Part of what made Brady so great is his ability to make a decision fast and execute extremely quickly. That translates in any era.
...until he's flattened like a pancake by a helmet-first leading LB, and left lying on the ground dazed and confused counting all the little birdies flying around his head, or gets carted off in a stretcher for the first or second time. THEN the mindset changes just a wee bit to where you start rushing your passes, leaving the pocket too soon (ie; running/scrambling wasn't Brady's strong suit), or commiting other mental errors that otherwise wouldn't have happened if you KNEW you were protected and pampered.
Uncle. Sometimes, I question my sanity on why I debate things with you. You can't help but stick to a narrative, no matter how often you are proven wrong. If Brady had made a living with average to below average time to throw, you would have a point. He has always been HOF good at getting rid of the ball quickly. He's played behind some shitty offensive lines throwing to slow white guys and still managed what he managed. Again, the data doesn't lie, whether you like what it says or not. And it's not like anyone ever accused Brady of lacking courage. He took plenty of shots and never had happy feet.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Brady proved over 20 years that he could succeed no matter what. Good o-line, bad o-line, good d, below average d, good receivers, short white slow receivers. The only constant was the GOAT.

His career was so long he played in essentially two different eras and succeed in both.

He’s somewhat like the LeBron of the nfl in terms of their god like longevity. Still give the edge to Brady because besides 2008 he essentially never missed a game and didn’t load management.

Besides that the main difference is Brady coupled that with unprecedented winning. It be like if LeBron had the same career in terms of longevity and number but also won 10 titles which even I would proclaim him the GOAT if that happened.

Brady is the undisputed GOAT. Claiming anything else is just coping.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:35 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:27 pm

Uncle. Sometimes, I question my sanity on why I debate things with you. You can't help but stick to a narrative, no matter how often you are proven wrong. If Brady had made a living with average to below average time to throw, you would have a point. He has always been HOF good at getting rid of the ball quickly. He's played behind some shitty offensive lines throwing to slow white guys and still managed what he managed. Again, the data doesn't lie, whether you like what it says or not. And it's not like anyone ever accused Brady of lacking courage. He took plenty of shots and never had happy feet.
You haven't "proven" anything... your opinion isn't fact.

What IS a fact is that Brady made his living in an era where the QB's were (and still are) treated like babies. Another fact is he wasn't mobile or fast... and REGARDLESS of his quick release all it would take is a couple good helmet-leading shots under the chin and Brady's entire mindset changes. But he never had to worry about that. Clearly you never played football if you think that doesn't give him (and his era QB's) a HUGE and distinct advantage over Montana.

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Spend a little under 20 minutes educating yourself TDK. You're welcome.

phpBB [video]
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Imagine Brady playing in Montana's era, with the mindset that after every snap he could end up like this... :lol: :lol: Brady wouldn't last 2 seasons:

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:08 pm Imagine Brady playing in Montana's era, with the mindset that after every snap he could end up like this... :lol: :lol: Brady wouldn't last 2 seasons:

You obviously didn't watch even a single second of the prior video. He got hit harder than that multiple times in that video and just bounced up immediately and played on. One of the reasons he's the GOAT is his toughness.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

You’re my boy Tdk but I disagree with you here.

Brady has been lit up before. Took a bigger hit here, lost his helmet, jumped up, went :jrsmith:, and went back to work.

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Titan18 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:16 pm You’re my boy Tdk but I disagree with you here.

Brady has been lit up before. Took a bigger hit here, lost his helmet, jumped up, went :jrsmith:, and went back to work.

Man got absolutely leveled and stood up like it was a routine arm tackle.

Absolute alpha.

Probably went home a fucked a supermodel that night.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:25 pm
Titan18 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:16 pm You’re my boy Tdk but I disagree with you here.

Absolute alpha.

Two or three times.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:26 pm
PhutureDynasty wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:25 pm

Absolute alpha.

Two or three times.

You're right. It was also 2 or 3 supermodels 2 or 3 times.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

That video doesn’t even do it justice by cutting off right before Brady pops up.

For some reason YouTube wont let me post it here but google “tom brady nate clements hit” and click the first video for the full sequence

Brady was a mad man
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Here is the sequence. I think if you just click on "Watch on YouTube" it will play. And by the way, he stayed in the game and they won. Just saying.

[video][
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

I saw that video on Youtube... it was a tough hit but the replay that followed showed Brady getting hit in the chest/shoulder area by a guy in the Secondary who weighed 200 pounds. Marshall (much bigger) came straight on, completely clear path and flattened Ferguson right under the chin leading with his helmet. IIRC Ferguson was carted off and missed the rest of the season.

Brady never took a hit like that... and more important, he never had to worry about it in the back of his mind either, which gives these new era QB's a huge advantage with respect to the difference between, for example, staying in the pocket and taking a "tough hit" vs. ending up in the hospital.

It absolutely makes a difference in the mindset of a QB.

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:57 pm

I saw that video on Youtube... it was a tough hit but the replay that followed showed Brady getting hit in the chest/shoulder area by a guy in the Secondary who weighed 200 pounds. Marshall (much bigger) came straight on, completely clear path and flattened Ferguson right under the chin leading with his helmet. IIRC Ferguson was carted off and missed the rest of the season.

Brady never took a hit like that... and more important, he never had to worry about it in the back of his mind either, which gives these new era QB's a huge advantage with respect to the difference betwenn, for example, staying in the pocket and taking a "tough hit" vs. ending up in the hospital.

You're an idiot, period. I posted a long video showing Brady taking a ton of shots and guys like Michael Strahan saying you could never shake Brady no matter how often you hit him, but you know better. You're such a moron.

Montana was a tough guy. But he was a lot smaller than Brady. That hit would have probably kept Montana out for a while, but Brady just bounced up.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:59 pm

Brady never took a hit like that... and more important, he never had to worry about it in the back of his mind either, which gives these new era QB's a huge advantage with respect to the difference betwenn, for example, staying in the pocket and taking a "tough hit" vs. ending up in the hospital.

You're an idiot, period. I posted a long video showing Brady taking a ton of shots and guys like Michael Strahan saying you could never shake Brady no matter how often you hit him, but you know better. You're such a moron.

Montana was a tough guy. But he was a lot smaller than Brady. That hit would have probably kept Montana out for a while, but Brady just bounced up.
Clearly you've never played Football meatball (and based on your shrimp-ass size, that's a given), so it's completely understandable that you wouldn't know the difference between getting hit in the shoulder/chest area (where you're all padded up) by a 200 pound Cornerback vs. taking a HELMET LED shot right under the chin by a 240 pound LB.

You're the idiot, meatball. Stick to commenting about sports you actually played, like Bowling or Tennis.

:L

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:08 pm
vcsgrizzfan wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:59 pm

Clearly you've never played Football meatball (and based on your shrimp-ass size, that's a given), so it's completely understandable that you wouldn't know the difference between getting hit in the shoulder/chest area (where you're all padded up) by a 200 pound Cornerback vs. taking a HELMET LED shot right under the chin by a 240 pound LB.

You're the idiot, meatball. Stick to commenting about sports you actually played, like Bowling or Tennis.

:L
Dude. Who are you trying to kid. Like you've ever been hit in the way you are suggesting, and so you have an "understanding" of what it takes and what it does. You're a girl. You were caught lying your ass off about weightlifting here in the past. You are just a blowhard who pretends he has knowledge he doesn't have.

I didn't play organized football (just sandlot stuff) but I did play hockey and I would bet my bottom dollar I've taken a lot more hard hits than you ever have.

Brady has never once shown anything but being tough as nails. It's why his teammates respected him so much, and why his opponents respected him so much.

You just like to flap your gums when you don't know jack shit about the topic. I don't engage in a ton of topics on these boards, because unlike you, I generally only talk about things I have knowledge of.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

That Wilber Marshall hit would never happen to Brady.....he would have already released the ball.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~