The oldest current NBA player just dunked through Paul George.

Talk about anything here.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

The oldest current NBA player just dunked through Paul George.

Post by PhutureDynasty »

:lebroncrown:
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Re: The oldest current NBA player just dunked through Paul George.

Post by Robceltsfan »

Damn
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

:goat:
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

Thats a grown man
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Zero Defense from the Clippers (allowing a 39 year old to go coast-to-coast - lol), not a single Big protecting the rim, and George didn't try to draw a charge, didn't try for a steal or make a play on the ball.

Nothing to see here...
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:43 am Zero Defense from the Clippers (allowing a 39 year old to go coast-to-coast - lol), not a single Big protecting the rim, and George didn't try to draw a charge, didn't try for a steal or make a play on the ball.

Nothing to see here...

Now compare them :arodlaugh:
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:27 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:43 am Zero Defense from the Clippers (allowing a 39 year old to go coast-to-coast - lol), not a single Big protecting the rim, and George didn't try to draw a charge, didn't try for a steal or make a play on the ball.

Nothing to see here...

Now compare them :arodlaugh:
Don't be stupid... LeFraud has airballed more Free Throw attempts than Jordan has missed dunks. But let's forget James dunking in a sissy-soft era (where the lanes part like the Red Sea and the Bigs are on the perimeter chuckin' 3's) and talk about James shooting a dismal 38% from beyond 3 feet for his career.

That'll be good for a bunch of laughs.

:sadbron:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Simply amazing what this man is still doing athletically with as many minutes as he's played through.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

AlaskaHawks wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:05 pm Simply amazing what this man is still doing athletically with as many minutes as he's played through.
Agreed.

It's the unparalleled longevity that gives him the slight edge for me as the GOAT.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:15 pm
AlaskaHawks wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:05 pm Simply amazing what this man is still doing athletically with as many minutes as he's played through.
Agreed.

It's the unparalleled longevity that gives him the slight edge for me as the GOAT.
All fair.

As everyone here who reads the forum regularly, I believe Russell is the GOAT and I have a hard time seeing ever being dethroned. He just impacted the won/loss column at every level, more than anyone in history by a big margin.

LeBron, MJ and Kareem are almost interchangeable to me after that from 2 to 4. Cases can be made for all of them.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Jordan could never
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Wide open basic dunk...meh
Stop hyping basic shit
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Lebron would be the third option on the magic and by seasons end maybe 4th
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

LeFraud would be chuckin' 25 FGA per game if he played on the Magic, and as a result the Magic would be a sub .500 team right now. But don't don't blame LeFraud... just check LeStats.

:sadbron: :sadbron: :sadbron:

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:27 pm
Agreed.

All fair.

As everyone here who reads the forum regularly, I believe Russell is the GOAT and I have a hard time seeing ever being dethroned. He just impacted the won/loss column at every level, more than anyone in history by a big margin.

LeBron, MJ and Kareem are almost interchangeable to me after that from 2 to 4. Cases can be made for all of them.
I get your stance and it's a totally reasonable one.

I believe you never got to see Bill play, right? He was a little before your time?
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:23 pm
vcsgrizzfan wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:27 pm
Agreed.

All fair.

I get your stance and it's a totally reasonable one.

I believe you never got to see Bill play, right? He was a little before your time?
Correct. I started watching hoops when we got cable in my hometown in Northern Ontario and that was in 1970. There were network games and all the Buffalo Braves home games were televised. The Braves eventually become the L.A. Clippers via San Diego. So I started in 1970 or 71 (a little fuzzy on exactly when) and Bill retired in 1969.

I do remember though that Bill was pretty much considered the universal GOAT back then. Wilt had the pretty stats, but Bill was seen as the man.